USA Passport

USA Passport has a consumer rating of 1.63 stars from 25 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about USA Passport most frequently mention credit card and personal information problems. USA Passport ranks 26th among Passports sites.

How would you rate USA Passport?

“Very helpful”

christian l.
6/14/21

They made it very quickly for me because it was very hard for me as an old man to fill out the passport form

“I fell for it.”

Noor T.
12/23/20

Make sure you do a credit freeze or something. I contacted the Social Security office and they gave me this number to call 1 *******338. Then they told me you need to make a police report and mail it out to P. O Box 740250 Atlanta Georgia 303740256. I already have bad credit so there isn't much they can do with my social but this should not have happened to begin with. I am very disappointed with myself. Lesson learned. Make sure you double check the information I provided above.

noort6
December 23rd, 2020

windyw5
December 11th, 2020

I submitted a review of the company in which I expressed a great deal of dissatisfaction with them. I am still concerned about the potential for identity theft when you give a "Private Company" as much personal information as you put on a passport application. However they did refund my money when I complained about feeling like I had been conned At least they said they did.

nancyk952
April 7th, 2021

Beware, I did not realize that I was visiting a non-governmental site. These people are dishonest and charge almost $50 for nothing.
They make you believe that you are on a site that will process your passport, all they do is collect information that you give them and put it on a form which they send back to you.
What's really bad is they have all your information including your Social Security number. I have since put a freeze on my credit reporting company. This is a real hassle

not116
March 25th, 2021

SCAM SCAM SACM. Do not ever use this. When I went to the post office to get my passport they told me that they do everything there and you shouldn't have to pay for anything prior. If you get scammed by these POS low life's then call the number present on the bank transaction and they will give you a refund very easily. Hm, imagine that. They don't even ask why you are wanting a refund. What low life's. This review deserves a zero stars option.

cjb51
January 5th, 2021

I was in a hurry to get an online form on my way to an appt to apply for passport as I misplaced the one I had and I was late. This website came up first when I Google renew us passport! That should never happen, Google! The lock and the. Org fooled me. I immediately called my credit card company and cancelled account and charge was already on there! Please tell me if you had identity theft or if they just scam $49. I am having a cow! I could not find a phone number to call them

kennedyl13
April 4th, 2021

Total scam of a website impersonating the US gov, 49 bucks for something you could do on your own. A private company stealing info from Spain, STAY AWAY. I will contact my bank in the morning for fraud so I get my money back, ridiculous

jayceez
April 14th, 2021

This is a scam, you can get all the needed paper work from your local post office,.
Please don't fall for this scam like I did.

arthurt122
May 23rd, 2021

Site has small print that it is not a government agency. I am 88 years old and have a tablet computer. As a result I could not read this hidden small print. I gave all of my present passport information on their website. Later when I read their privacy policy, I learned that they, and anyone else they sell my information to, can use my data for any purpose (e.g. Illegitimate). To opt out, they provide a fake email site which doesn't work; you can't trust them anyway even if they accept your opt out. I changed my credit card to a new number and posted a free fraud alert on Equifax.

Tip for consumers:
This is a total and dangerous scam.

Products used:
None

tonyv403
November 30th, 2020

Pretending to be a non profit government agency by using the. Org rather than. Com tag to their address, they offer nothing other than taking your personal information and sending it back to you after you do the work of completing their form. Stay away from this site.

toms1269
September 4th, 2020

The website showed up in my Google search for passport services. I'll admit I was pretty confused about the process of passport renewal anyway and liable to fall into a trap. I did think they were good guys even though their website mentions they are not affiliated with a government agency. I thought the. Org in the web address meant they were just an organization to help people get their passport. They did provide a service by giving me a pdf form to fill in with Social Security Number and other personal information, that I then submitted to them for "approval". I didn't realize after paying $39 to them that I still needed to pay the US Government an additional $140. The service provided by this company was worth about $5 at most.
If they stole my identity it'll cost me a lot more than $39.

johnt2235
March 11th, 2021

Its a scam. Please stay away from the site. Just get your copy from the Travel. State gov website. I asked for a refund but no response.

robh444
July 31st, 2020

This is a scam site for identity theft, it's a private company supposedly based in Barcelona, Spain. It is not the US government's passport renewal site. Do not use, and freeze your credit if you get scammed!

tomc1072
December 20th, 2020

I foolishly fell into the trap buy paying this company $49.00 for a form which I could have received free in addition to supplying this company my personal information. I did open a dispute with my credit card company and am awaiting the results. Tom C

jimj540
December 11th, 2020

My passport has been expired for a couple of months, so I started to look at ways to renew. I had a lot of stuff going on today, so I was not as careful as I should have been. I knew the site was not official government, but I just wanted to see what kind of info was required. Like a dummy, I started to fill out their form. When I got near the end and saw what the deal was, I closed the site without submitting it. I didn't provide any credit card info. BUT-- the insidious thing is, their form has several pages, each of which has to be filled out before proceeding to the next page. Every time you advance the page, the info is transmitted to them. Even if you back out at the end, they've got all prior data. The weirdest thing -- they did something to my router to totally block access to travel.state.gov (the State department's passport website). I reset the router to factory defaults and changed the password but that blockage still exists. More to figure out. I've frozen credit sites to discourage opening accounts with my name/SSN etc. Proof that they had my info? -- I got an email soon afterward asking me to complete my order. Stupid, stupid me.

jesset131
January 10th, 2021

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Its a scam. They seem to be the agency you have to deal with, they provide no service you cannot do your self.

Tip for consumers:
Go straight to the goverment agency website

Products used:
passport services

courtneyw261
March 31st, 2021

Based on these reviews it looks like this is more of a money scam, but I definitely put my personal info in there before my credit card company flagged this as fraudulent and I came over here to read these reviews. They did ask for my social, address and birthday, which I put in, so I was freaked out that they could still steal my identity with the info I did submit before paying. Here is how you put a freeze on your credit so that lenders and creditors have to contact you before approving your for any credit cards or loans. It's super simple to do.

You can place or manage your Equifax Security Freeze at myequifax.com after creating an account or logging in.

This alert will remain on your Equifax credit report for one year from the date you placed it.

If you update your contact information, we suggest you contact Experian and TransUnion to provide any updated contact information to them. You can contact them directly at:
TransUnion LLC, P. O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19*******289 or www.transunion.com
Experian, P. O. Box 9554, Allen, TX 75*******742 or www.experian.com
If you remove your initial fraud alert, it's only with Equifax. To remove a fraud alert from TransUnion or Experian, please contact them directly.
If you have questions, please contact us at *******351. Customer Care is available between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (ET), Monday to Friday.

sharons1814
May 13th, 2021

Didn't realize it was a scam and now I need to figure out how to get my money back. Called CC company and they said I have to wait for charge to post.

not121
April 27th, 2021

Everything this website offers is FREE on the government website (travel.state.gov). usa-passport.org is impersonating government properties, charging a fee for free information and forms, and steals your info. Do not use this or fall for it like I did.

kingk44
October 21st, 2020

This company is impersonating the US State Department. They charged me $49.00 for information I could have received for free from the US State Department. It was my mistake for not doing more research on the US Passport renewal process. Don't make the same mistaake.

davids5153
December 25th, 2020

Did anybody actually experience identity theft from this service?

I immediately requested a refund from them once I realized it was a scam.

brucep254
December 9th, 2020

I wish I had read these reviews prior to spending $49 for a free form. I hope others read this before using their services!

keelik
March 5th, 2021

Scam website, look closely at the fine print. Ugh. I just hope it doesn't steal my personal information.

angelaw873
March 3rd, 2021

I found this site by asking Google how I could get a passport for my children. I think everyone is falling for this due to COVID closing down some of the regular agencies we use for passport services and us all being very accustomed to changes right now. I thought that we paid a fee for this service on the front end now, and would not be charged when we turned our documents in. WRONG! This is a totally unnecessary service that you get charged $49.00 for... I had 3. You can pick these forms up at your local post office FOR FREE! Plus you are handing these cheaters all of your private information... SS#, birthdates, address, parents' names, etc. I feel like an idiot. After being told by the government agents that this was a scam, I went back and read the emails and documents. They do state in the fine print at the bottom that this is not affiliated with the US government... who reads that when they are being overwhelmed by information and all that goes into planning a big trip! Anyway, be smarter than me! Don't hand over your precious private info to criminals and don't pay them for something free! Now I have to go pay for a service to monitor my information so these suckers can't steal my identity... awesome.

christianl221
June 14th, 2021

annag769
May 24th, 2021

I also fell for the scam… But when I called to get a refund no questions were asked and they gave me a full refund.

I thought a website ending in. Org would be good guys.

By Tom S.

You gave critical identity information to a company in Spain. I would contact the 3 credit agencies with a Fraud Alert.

By Tom S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the USA Passport staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USA Passport?

Have a question about USA Passport?