Review of US.HSBC

Buffalo,, NY 14240
Tel: 800.975.4722

jeffs721
5/6/19

Quick on getting approved. For unknown reasons, my account was locked. For 2 months now, unable to get a live person to unlock account, been transferred to multiple different departments, still unresolved. Every day I call, sit on hold for hours, YES HOURS. Try calling on lunch break sitting on hold. Having a locked account means no online payment options, you must mail them a check and the online chat is also useless. All they do is answer the phone and offer other phone numbers.

modrisr
3/13/18

Rude and shameful behavior by Service Manager Jose M. Alvarez. I have HSBC accounts in USA, Canada and Corporate accounts in Singapore and Tsim Sa Chui in Hong Kong. I have been with HSBC for more than 30 years. I brought in a friend from Tampa who wanted to open an account before moving to the Philippines where HSBC has branches. Jose refused to open the account saying he can only open accounts in his local footprint geographical area. Later I checked with HSBC national Customer Service and they contradicted Jose saying he was wrong. I filed a formal complaint hsbc complaint conf no. 00918000678 about Jose with Customer Service. To top it off, Jose looked at both of us and said "I can tell both of you are retired." His look up and down was as if we were street people with no assets. I was very insulted. I am the Managing Director of Hospitality Executive. See my Western LinkedIN profile here (copy and paste the URLs in to your browser): https://www.linkedin.com/in/luxuryhospitalityrecruiter/ and
my Asia LinkedIN profile here:
see Jose Alvarez's LinkedIN profile here:
linkedin.com/in/jose-m-alvarez-ab1a0028
You decide who is more professional. I believe if Howard Hughes or Mark Zuckerberg had walked in dressed the way do Jose would have refused to service them as well. Jose was transferred here from Boca Raton. Avoid this branch like the plague as long as Jose Alvarez remains here.

Questions? Get answers from the US.HSBC staff and other customers.

US.HSBC?