Top Shelf Specialties reviews

Tel: +1-973-584-0804
sales@topshelfspecialties.com

dans163
6/9/16

Do NOT order from this site. You cannot get in contact with them. Took me almost a MONTH to reach them after I never got my order. He did refund my payment, but offered no apology or reason why it was never shipped. This guy should be shut down.

chuckg8
1/11/16

Placed an order. Received notice that billing was completed. Never received product. No response to e-mails or phone calls. Now dealing with credit company for resolution.

jimh17
12/28/14

Stay Away!

I placed an order for 3 wine kits. The payment was with Visa through PayPal. PayPal immediately billed my card and verified my order with Top Shelf Specialties. After one week with no verification from Top Shelf, I emailed and asked if they had processed my order. A week later, I got a response saying yes they had, but no indication as to shipment. A week later, I wrote and asked, well???, what's the status? Several days later, their email reply was that they only had one of the 3 kits in stock and suggested a substitution for each of the other two choices. I wrote back and said, no thanks, just send me the in stock item now and the others when they come in. So, another week goes by and no response to that communication. I sent another email and asked, are you sending the in stock kit or not? Did you get my last email response telling you to do so? Just short of a week later, I got a reply that, yes, they would ship the kit right away. Another week passes and I sent another email and said if I didn't get the kit within one week, I would be contacting PayPal for a formal complaint and refund. One week later, I contacted PayPal and started a case file on Top Shelf. PayPal said they would contact the seller and give him 10 days to complete my order or provide a refund. PayPal actually holds the funds until proof of delivery from the seller before they release the funds to them. Two days later, the 1st kit arrived at my house. I emailed Top Shelf and asked him to cancel the other 2 kits, since I had no guarantee of ever getting them or how long that could take. My patience was gone. He wrote back and said he couldn't refund me because PayPal had locked out his account until the case was resolved. He said he would work on expediting my refund in the next day or two. I immediately contacted PayPal to update them. They said the locked account was not true and they updated the case with what had shipped and my request for refund giving Top Shelf another 10 days to comply. One week later, again, I got a personal check in the mail for my refund from Top Shelf which I cashed immediately and, fortunately, didn't bounce. I emailed PayPal and told them about the refund. Yesterday, I got an email from PayPal saying the case is officially closed.

I think that the owner of Top Shelf Specialties, Dave Honig, has this business as a side line and dedicates minimal time to dealing with customer orders. My initial outlay for the 3 kits was $427, so I was pretty upset with the lack of follow up and communication provided. My order was placed back in October, so more than two months passed before it was completely resolved. I've order wine and beer kits from many other suppliers with prompt, professional service in all other cases. I'm being generous with my two star rating, due to the fact that I did get one kit and a refund for the balance due.

This guy is in over his head and is not ready for anything to do with Top Shelf Specialties. Go elsewhere with any interest you have in this product line.

Questions? Get answers from the Top Shelf Specialties staff and other customers.

Top Shelf Specialties?