Review of Ting

Tel: 1 855 846 4389
help@ting.com

lizzys3
3/31/17

I love Ting. I am very glad that I use it. However, I am an individual that doesn't use my phone too much. If I were a heavy phone user, I don't think it would be right for me. If I plan on adding anyone to my phone plan, then I will most likely end up switching to a new carrier. The service is fine, a little spotty with data. But if I need to use my phone more, Ting is just not for me.

henrys44
1/12/16

Ting uses the SPRINT network (and alternatively, I gather, T-Mobile's), but after being with SPRINT for over a decade I can't tell you what a relief it is to get actual service and not be lied to!

They are cheap, although it's more noticeable for calls than for data. I had a good, grandfathered plan with SPRINT but my bill dropped by about 35%, plus there are a lot of things I can do easily now that I couldn't do at all before. Want to try out a second phone for a month? A few dollars, uses the same pool of minutes and data, and I can start it or stop it in seconds on their web site.

Their support people have to be talked to, to be believed. I guess they are in Canada, and they are mellow, find clever ways to solve problems that aren't even theirs, just to help customers, they are GREAT! Had them for a year or so now, their blog is really interesting and informative, I would say that the difference is more pronounced if you are a bit of a techie (as I am) and you can engage with them on stuff. They really know their stuff, and will take time with you.

I can't think of another company that I think as highly of. And really, I have no connection to them at all except being a customer. I think if I read this, I would wonder.

amys104
11/10/15

With Ting you have to buy the phone outright. Mine cost about $300. Then I had to buy a signal booster for another $200. So although my cell phone bills come to $25 a month which includes the tax, it will probably take me at least 2 years before I see a savings. If you are a light cell phone user and you don't mind holding on to your cell phone for a long time, then Ting maybe for you. I work from home, so I'm on my network when I surf the Internet. This saves on data usage. I also noticed that the phone I bought which is an HTC m8, was much less expensive through Ting then it would have been through a major carrier.

ruqayyahr
2/10/15

This service is great for people like me who are mostly around some sort of wifi or dont use much data. I love that you use only what you pay for. Everything you do you can easily see with their app or on their website.
If you are used to watching videos and movies on data, then this service isnt for you, but the rest of us talkers and texters, its awesome! We have 5 phones on the account and our bill is average 120 month. I was paying a little more than this on sprint, no data, 1500 min, and i had a 20% discount code from my job.
You do have to buy your own phone, but the cost savings is huge for us. Plus we get to have smart phones unlike on sprint who was forcing us into an expensive data plan.
They have opened their service up to phones from other services besides sprint now and i wholly recommend taking a good look at this service!

pamp10
12/1/14

I love them. I am saving lots of money on my cell service. You pay for what you use. Simple. It's no-nonsense, clear billing, and I want to tell the WORLD. They use Sprint phones and are on the Sprint network, I believe. So, the service is reliable. You can trust these guys!

You can get a SIM card through the Ting website at www.ting.com

By Ralph M.
Questions? Get answers from the Ting staff and other customers.

Ting?