Review of TierraCast

tci@sonic.net

1 Review From Our Community

lisah74
4/20/15

It's understandable to have a minimum order amount to be able to purchase wholesale. I can even understand a minimum yearly amount, BUT to be able to become a customer of tierracast,com, you have to supply even the invoices of other wholesale purchases (each has to be over $500) among other things. So I guess, they are not interested in smaller, developing business.

You also have to apply for a wholesale account FIRST, before you can even see their prices. So - you give up all your info, take all the time to supply everything to them and then you find out, that their products are hopelessly overpriced and you are not interested anymore.

I don't think so.

PS - I have read the representative's comment to which I would like to add: I did not experience frustration with the 'qualifying process' (not important enough). I simply stated that I cannot recommend this site and the reasons. And no - I won't buy retail because those prices are way too high for a business and no - I won't come back to apply. There are plenty of businesses around that appreciate new customers and make them feel welcome - I will go to those instead.

Response from Christopher P., TierraCast Representative
Dear Lisa H,

We are very sorry you experienced such frustration with our qualifying process.

Our application process is rigorous, we know. As a manufacturer we primarily sell through distributors and bead retailers, and it’s important that we are not selling to their customers. We request invoices as a way to establish professional references and be assured we are upholding our strictly wholesale policy.

It is our goal to work with all of our applicants and to support each person in finding the best way to purchase TierraCast products. For those not yet able to demonstrate a history of wholesale trade-related purchases, we provide a comprehensive list of where our products are sold. Wholesale referrals are included, providing a way to buy our product at wholesale prices and develop wholesale relationships in the jewelry trade. Our door remains open and applicants often return once their business is built up.

Our parts, while not inexpensive, are still a good value. We have been manufacturing in the US for over 35 years and take pride in the fact we have kept jobs at home. It is challenging to meet compliance regulations and common sense expectations for a healthy workplace with fair wages while manufacturing innovative and beautiful products. We work hard to keep prices fair while not lowering our quality.

Again, sorry for the frustration and we wish you success in your endeavors!

Questions? Get answers from the TierraCast staff and other customers.

TierraCast?