TheHistoryBunker reviews

Tel: +44 (0) 113 220 5881
info@thehistorybunker.co.uk

niclasl2
1/17/19

I odered a pair of police trousers and it is by far the best trousers i have ever had.
They feel good and are perfect for my everyday trousers in cold snowy sweden.

calebh54
12/18/18

The coat of outstanding quality, the leather is soft and the red lining is beautiful. The coat has obviously been crafted expertly and I am sure this will last a lifetime. Mark was friendly and very fast at answering any of my questions.

I recommend buying from the history bunker to anyone!

davidb1888
12/11/18

The leather jacket is well made fits perfectly. Mark was very helpful with getting the proper sizing and answering my initial questions promptly. If there's one thing I would change, it would be a little more communication after the order has been placed.

philippes9
12/11/18

Perfectly adjusted and manufactured in a high quality fabrics.Superb work in the manufacture of both uniforms. Excellent communication with Mark store manager, always a quick answer to the questions asked. always kind and considerate.and he is a man of his word, a man of honor. My wife and I are very happy with our outfits.
Shipping on time. I highly recommend if you want a uniform that meets the chosen period and quality at a reasonable price.
Thanks, Mark, thanks History Bunker!
Philippe et Isabelle Sorensen
Normandy France

bernieb50
12/10/18

Recently I purchased a leather jacket from the History Bunker. From the first contact with Mark until I received the jacket I found the service to be efficient, personal and professional. The jacket I purchased was tailor made from the measurements I provided for no extra cost! The jacket fits perfectly and the quality is exceptional! I live in Canada and I paid about half of what I would have paid for a jacket similar to the one I ordered. I highly recommend the History Bunker if you are in the market for a unique high quality leather jacket.

nickw150
12/8/18

Fast email responses. Mark was able to help us out with a tight schedule. And the quality of the goods really blew me away. I'm going to feel bad dirtying it up for use in our short film!

glennl57
12/6/18

Many emails over several months trying to get one hat. When asked for shipping tracking number they were never able to provide one. After repeated requests they still could not figure out the problem and eventually gave refund. Don't waste your time with these folks unless you have no other options.

Response from Mark p., TheHistoryBunker Representative
Hi, customer had a hat on back order, he then informed us that he had acquired one elsewhere so he was duly refunded - emails between us were always amicable on both sides, so the review is quite puzzling.
richardd462
11/6/18

I needed some hats for a short film and they were terrific. I am very happy to know that such a service exists today - a shop specialising in historical military outfit manufacturing. I might be interested in a very convincing Halloween costume at some point and this is definitely the place to go.

barrye54
9/14/18

I recently purchased the vintage W.W.I Imperial German Air Corp Fighter Pilots' Jacket from TheHistoryBunker web site and could not be more pleased. The web site was very well done with excellent pictures of the product and good descriptions. The customer service was top notch, with a representative, Mark (?) often communicating with me in virtual real time-like conversation via email. When I finally decided which jacket I wanted, and placed my order, the jacket arrived to me in Boston, U.S.A. within two days. As soon as I took this jacket out of the packaging I knew it was exactly everything "as advertised" on the web site. The fit was perfect and the "look" was beautiful. I immediately loved this jacket. Here is my overall rating:
Web site: Very good.
Service, and Customer Service: Impressive, and Outstanding
Quality/Craftsmanship of product: Superb and, "precisely as advertised"

luish57
9/11/18

Very pleased with the quality of jacket, Police Trousers and Glengarry Cap.
History Bunker Crew (Mark) also guided about Trousers and Cap to match the uniform to avoid long time for receive all them, I'm very pleased with the personal contact they did.
Ultra fast and very good shipment, only takes four or five days from the order day to have the package at home (U.K. to Spain).
Very happy with this order, highly recomended!

briank257
8/9/18

I ordered this tunic on E bay, it arrived in France 2 days later! I was absolutely delighted. I did not know what to expect, but the quality is amazing. It is beautifully made, and is a perfect fit. I have never seen a real tunic like this before, but I have very many repro uniforms, civil war etc, all hand made, but this is probably the best. Considering this was 'off the peg' the fit is great. Size 42 was size 42, not as usually found, incorrectly sized.
I would 100% recommend this tunic and if History Bunkers other goods are as good, as I'm certain they will be, then I wouldn't look elsewhere.
I shall be ordering more gear from Mark. Thank you.

Tip for consumers: More detailed pictures of the Uniforms would be nice.

massimoc7
7/15/18

I bought WW1 pants
and a Officers Zulu War jacket
all good workmanship and quality .. I'm happy with these wonderful purchases

larryw103
3/17/18

This uniform fits perfectly and is made of high quality material. Beautiful craftsmanship in the creation of this uniform. I've compared it to period photos and this recreation is spot on. Hard to believe one gets such quality in bespoke costuming at these prices.

joshuag64
3/10/18

I must say, despite at first having slight doibt I was proven wrong in a heart beat. I ordered a German Tunic from WW1 and thinking that it would take at least a week to get to California all the way from The UK I was settling to wait until next week. 3 days later, boom, it was here and all ready. I absolutely love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a uniform to reenact or simply for collection purposes. Great website, I absolutely love it! Will buy from here again!

melissam258
2/17/18

Perfect fit as always.
Outstanding quality and worth every penny.
Great communication with the store, always a quicl respons to questions asked.
Of you want fast and cheap looking rip offs go to Aliexpress.
If you want real historical correct and a quality product that wil last you your life time shop here.
This became my favorite store really fast after my very first order.
5 stars always.

chrisb469
2/8/18

I am extremely happy with my Officers Leather Overcoat. Since Mark allows custom measurements to be submitted, I sent him some that I took from a coat I already own. The coat he created fits perfectly and is very well made. I suggest going with the Vintage Black cowhide option; it doesnt look too new and is the real deal. Take the time to go back and forth with Mark; he wants to make you happy so dont be stingy with your wardrobe needs. Style adjustments and alterations can be easily made; you just need to ask. Expect to wait around seven weeks for a custom creation, but well worth it.

sergiom55
2/1/18

I bought my calvary uniform to create a Red Baron for The Edwardian Ball here in San Francisco. It was the wrong size. Mark worked with me returning the original uniform and was able to get a custom size back to me in time for my soiree. He answered all my questions over the phone and was so very courteous both on the phone and in his emails. Now if I can get him to make Victorian Royal Navy uniforms?

Tip for consumers: Call or write to get the measurement guide and have someone take your size before ordering, then call Mark and go over the sizing. This will save time and money in the long run.

claudioc15
1/24/18

Bravo bravo bravo...... good leather good manufacturing a perfect replica of German Hartmann jacket . Not the last purchase.. see you later claudio

miroslavb2
1/19/18

The communication with the History Bunk was perfect.
The jacket was perfectly done: tailored, first grade leather.
Everything from the start such as inquiry of information to ordering and delivery was very good.
It is also not my last order, i will definitely order much more staff.
Jaro G., Slovakia

michaels749
12/28/17

The staff @ the History Bunk, are great with communcation to any inquiry. The tunic is of great quality and fitted perfectly. This is NOT a cheap knock off as from other suppliers. Plus, they shipped within the time frame they said. I highly refer them if one wants a quality uniform at a great price.

paoloc18
12/25/17

A great jacket, beautifully tailored, first rate quality and good price: I'm pretty sure it won't be the last leather coat I'll buy from HB! As far as customer service is concerned, Mark has always been very kind and supportive. Definitively, an outstanding shopping experience! Thanks.
Paolo C., Italy

jims320
12/21/17

Made to order Australian WW1 2nd pattern mounted breeches. Exceptional quality, perfect fit, outstanding customer service. Real value for money.

jasonk134
12/18/17

Fantastic quality, great price, and on-time delivery. I bought a great black leather coat that will be with me for the rest of my life. Thanks, History Bunker!

olivierj4
12/16/17

I ordered a Victorian police uniform, an excellent article! Very well crafted and comfortable to wear!
furthermore, the client service is really good: they give useful advice and the return system is efficient (thanks Mark for your patience)!
I recommend this company and I won't hesitate to order from them again!

martinn29
12/8/17

The WW1 leather coat is unbelievable. Well made and very sharp! Should also keep me warm in my home of North Dakota, USA.

Questions? Get answers from the TheHistoryBunker staff and other customers.

11 Photos for TheHistoryBunker