TheHistoryBunker reviews

Tel: +44 (0) 113 220 5881
info@thehistorybunker.co.uk

marcob84
3/12/19

I have just received a WW1 Scottish cutaway tunic and am very pleased and satisfied. The price is reasonable and the time of delivery respected. Great communication and assistance under every aspect. Highly recommended seller

theodoreo4
3/6/19

Yesterday I received a great German WWII SS uniform from "The History Bunker". The items came within the noted timetable of 6-8 weeks. This uniform will be used in a scifi WWII movie project later this summer in the U.S. The uniform fit perfectly and was produced so well....that I will be recommending The History Bunker to all my German WWII re-enactors. Thank you for the best uniform I have ever acquired since 2001! Ted

markusk16
3/6/19

I have ordered a leather jacket. When it came to choosing the right size, I needed some assistance. Mark was extremely responsive and all questions were answered, jacket had to be custom made. Order placed, jacket arrived within the communicated lead time.
I am extremely happy with the quality and the fit of the jacket provided. Heavy leather, good craftsmanship, it could not get any better!

Tip for consumers: Talk to the owner, he is very responsive and helpful

Response from Mark p., TheHistoryBunker Representative
Thanks Markus, much appreciated- Mark
atalisteb
3/5/19

Simply ordered 1 Hat, waited 1 month with no updates, contacted them to see what was going on. Mark got back to me and claimed that he would contact his hat maker. Waited another 2 weeks with nothing, contacted him again just to see if he had ANY information about it but still none. Eventually he refunded me and said that he would contact me when the hat does arrive, that was in January, and of course still nothing. Ridiculous waste of my time.

Response from Mark p., TheHistoryBunker Representative
Hi, I’m sorry you had such a poor experience, we had trouble with a particular supplier and therefore felt it best to refund rather than keep you hanging on for any longer. I will also add that we do make many items to order which can take 6 to 8 weeks
alanc246
2/28/19

I never ordered a tailored coat before and had no idea on how long it would take and everytime i would inquire about my order i would promptly receive a email on the status of my order from mark when i recived my coat it was above and beyond what i expected absolutely beautifully made coat that fits like a glove i cant say enough about it but if you want a authentic replica of a Gestapo leather great coat look no further than the History Bunker

andym216
2/23/19

Had a little predicament with sizing but thanks to Mark's help and patience I finally got the outfit I wanted. Boer War uniform that I turned into a vintage safari outfit. Unlike most reproduction companies that don't alow customization. This company does. Definitely look forward to dealing with them in the future for more custom historic outfit ideas.

hansa28
2/14/19

The History Bunker is a nice company to work with! Living on the continent (Netherlands) and not knowing the exact differences in cloth sizes I decided to go for tailor fit. Got personal help where needed from Mark. Great experience. The final result is perfect, looks nice, fit splendid.
Thanks guys!
Regards, Hans

markg557
1/31/19

Custom made U Boat gear. I was super happy with the quality, and fit.
Will buy more gear there for sure.

robertk598
1/25/19

Received my leather u-boat pants yesterday afternoon. Perfect!!! Great fit. Can't say enough good things about them. Can't wait to show them off. Worth the wait.

niclasl2
1/17/19

I odered a pair of police trousers and it is by far the best trousers i have ever had.
They feel good and are perfect for my everyday trousers in cold snowy sweden.

calebh54
12/18/18

The coat of outstanding quality, the leather is soft and the red lining is beautiful. The coat has obviously been crafted expertly and I am sure this will last a lifetime. Mark was friendly and very fast at answering any of my questions.

I recommend buying from the history bunker to anyone!

davidb1888
12/11/18

The leather jacket is well made fits perfectly. Mark was very helpful with getting the proper sizing and answering my initial questions promptly. If there's one thing I would change, it would be a little more communication after the order has been placed.

philippes9
12/11/18

Perfectly adjusted and manufactured in a high quality fabrics.Superb work in the manufacture of both uniforms. Excellent communication with Mark store manager, always a quick answer to the questions asked. always kind and considerate.and he is a man of his word, a man of honor. My wife and I are very happy with our outfits.
Shipping on time. I highly recommend if you want a uniform that meets the chosen period and quality at a reasonable price.
Thanks, Mark, thanks History Bunker!
Philippe et Isabelle Sorensen
Normandy France

bernieb50
12/10/18

Recently I purchased a leather jacket from the History Bunker. From the first contact with Mark until I received the jacket I found the service to be efficient, personal and professional. The jacket I purchased was tailor made from the measurements I provided for no extra cost! The jacket fits perfectly and the quality is exceptional! I live in Canada and I paid about half of what I would have paid for a jacket similar to the one I ordered. I highly recommend the History Bunker if you are in the market for a unique high quality leather jacket.

nickw150
12/8/18

Fast email responses. Mark was able to help us out with a tight schedule. And the quality of the goods really blew me away. I'm going to feel bad dirtying it up for use in our short film!

glennl57
12/6/18

Many emails over several months trying to get one hat. When asked for shipping tracking number they were never able to provide one. After repeated requests they still could not figure out the problem and eventually gave refund. Don't waste your time with these folks unless you have no other options.

Response from Mark p., TheHistoryBunker Representative
Hi, customer had a hat on back order, he then informed us that he had acquired one elsewhere so he was duly refunded - emails between us were always amicable on both sides, so the review is quite puzzling.
richardd462
11/6/18

I needed some hats for a short film and they were terrific. I am very happy to know that such a service exists today - a shop specialising in historical military outfit manufacturing. I might be interested in a very convincing Halloween costume at some point and this is definitely the place to go.

barrye54
9/14/18

I recently purchased the vintage W.W.I Imperial German Air Corp Fighter Pilots' Jacket from TheHistoryBunker web site and could not be more pleased. The web site was very well done with excellent pictures of the product and good descriptions. The customer service was top notch, with a representative, Mark (?) often communicating with me in virtual real time-like conversation via email. When I finally decided which jacket I wanted, and placed my order, the jacket arrived to me in Boston, U.S.A. within two days. As soon as I took this jacket out of the packaging I knew it was exactly everything "as advertised" on the web site. The fit was perfect and the "look" was beautiful. I immediately loved this jacket. Here is my overall rating:
Web site: Very good.
Service, and Customer Service: Impressive, and Outstanding
Quality/Craftsmanship of product: Superb and, "precisely as advertised"

luish57
9/11/18

Very pleased with the quality of jacket, Police Trousers and Glengarry Cap.
History Bunker Crew (Mark) also guided about Trousers and Cap to match the uniform to avoid long time for receive all them, I'm very pleased with the personal contact they did.
Ultra fast and very good shipment, only takes four or five days from the order day to have the package at home (U.K. to Spain).
Very happy with this order, highly recomended!

briank257
8/9/18

Perfect, this is the 4th Jacket I have purchased from History Bunker, all superb. The WW1 Officers tunic is terrific quality, fine Barathea cloth, fully lined and the sleeve rank insignia is top quality. Buttons are plain but can easily be changed to your choice. Undersold on the site in my opinion. It is an excellent fit.
I have also just purchased a second Zulu war, Officers tunic, as weight loss left it too big, this one is just as good as the first, why wouldn't it be! Also very rapid delivery, 2 days door to door to France! You can't argue that service.
Brian

Tip for consumers: More detailed pictures of the Uniforms would be nice.

massimoc7
7/15/18

I bought WW1 pants
and a Officers Zulu War jacket
all good workmanship and quality .. I'm happy with these wonderful purchases

larryw103
3/17/18

This uniform fits perfectly and is made of high quality material. Beautiful craftsmanship in the creation of this uniform. I've compared it to period photos and this recreation is spot on. Hard to believe one gets such quality in bespoke costuming at these prices.

joshuag64
3/10/18

I must say, despite at first having slight doibt I was proven wrong in a heart beat. I ordered a German Tunic from WW1 and thinking that it would take at least a week to get to California all the way from The UK I was settling to wait until next week. 3 days later, boom, it was here and all ready. I absolutely love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a uniform to reenact or simply for collection purposes. Great website, I absolutely love it! Will buy from here again!

melissam258
2/17/18

Perfect fit as always.
Outstanding quality and worth every penny.
Great communication with the store, always a quicl respons to questions asked.
Of you want fast and cheap looking rip offs go to Aliexpress.
If you want real historical correct and a quality product that wil last you your life time shop here.
This became my favorite store really fast after my very first order.
5 stars always.

chrisb469
2/8/18

I am extremely happy with my Officers Leather Overcoat. Since Mark allows custom measurements to be submitted, I sent him some that I took from a coat I already own. The coat he created fits perfectly and is very well made. I suggest going with the Vintage Black cowhide option; it doesnt look too new and is the real deal. Take the time to go back and forth with Mark; he wants to make you happy so dont be stingy with your wardrobe needs. Style adjustments and alterations can be easily made; you just need to ask. Expect to wait around seven weeks for a custom creation, but well worth it.

Questions? Get answers from the TheHistoryBunker staff and other customers.

13 Photos for TheHistoryBunker