TheHistoryBunker

TheHistoryBunker has a consumer rating of 4.92 stars from 148 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. TheHistoryBunker also ranks 2nd among History sites.

• I ordered a tailored WW2 German leather jacket "Imperial German Fighter Pilots leather jacket" from the History Bunker.
  • Customer service is another extraordinary experience on its own.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate TheHistoryBunker?

“Did amazing work for me on a British Airborne...”

Daniel B.
11/8/13

Did amazing work for me on a British Airborne uniform, and was able to tailor it for me in a month's time. Excellent service, and I plan on working with them again. They stayed in frequent communication to keep me updated on its progress and answer my (numerous) questions along the way.

“flakey lot of folks who can't pull off an order.”

Glenn L.
12/6/18

Many emails over several months trying to get one hat. When asked for shipping tracking number they were never able to provide one. After repeated requests they still could not figure out the problem and eventually gave refund. Don't waste your time with these folks unless you have no other options.

leather jacket (14) customer service (13) leather coat (8) quality product (6) german officer (5) excellent service (4)
briank257
August 9th, 2018
Perfect, this is the 4th Jacket I have purchased from History Bunker, all superb. The WW1 Officers tunic is terrific quality, fine Barathea cloth, fully lined and the sleeve rank insignia is top quality. Buttons are plain but can easily be changed to your choice. Undersold on the site in my opinion. It is an excellent fit.
I have also just purchased a second Zulu war, Officers tunic, as weight loss left it too big, this one is just as good as the first, why wouldn't it be! Also very rapid delivery, 2 days door to door to France! You can't argue that service.
Brian

Tip for consumers: More detailed pictures of the Uniforms would be nice.

markusk16
March 6th, 2019
I have ordered a leather jacket. When it came to choosing the right size, I needed some assistance. Mark was extremely responsive and all questions were answered, jacket had to be custom made. Order placed, jacket arrived within the communicated lead time.
I am extremely happy with the quality and the fit of the jacket provided. Heavy leather, good craftsmanship, it could not get any better!

Tip for consumers: Talk to the owner, he is very responsive and helpful

markp54
Mark p. – TheHistoryBunker Rep
Thanks Markus, much appreciated- Mark
markg557
January 31st, 2019
Custom made U Boat gear. I was super happy with the quality, and fit.
Will buy more gear there for sure.
theodoreo4
March 6th, 2019
Yesterday I received a great German WWII SS uniform from "The History Bunker". The items came within the noted timetable of 6-8 weeks. This uniform will be used in a scifi WWII movie project later this summer in the U.S. The uniform fit perfectly and was produced so well....that I will be recommending The History Bunker to all my German WWII re-enactors. Thank you for the best uniform I have ever acquired since 2001! Ted
philippes9
December 11th, 2018
Perfectly adjusted and manufactured in a high quality fabrics.Superb work in the manufacture of both uniforms. Excellent communication with Mark store manager, always a quick answer to the questions asked. always kind and considerate.and he is a man of his word, a man of honor. My wife and I are very happy with our outfits.
Shipping on time. I highly recommend if you want a uniform that meets the chosen period and quality at a reasonable price.
Thanks, Mark, thanks History Bunker!
Philippe et Isabelle Sorensen
Normandy France
luish57
September 11th, 2018
Very pleased with the quality of jacket, Police Trousers and Glengarry Cap.
History Bunker Crew (Mark) also guided about Trousers and Cap to match the uniform to avoid long time for receive all them, I'm very pleased with the personal contact they did.
Ultra fast and very good shipment, only takes four or five days from the order day to have the package at home (U.K. to Spain).
Very happy with this order, highly recomended!
niclasl2
January 17th, 2019
I odered a pair of police trousers and it is by far the best trousers i have ever had.
They feel good and are perfect for my everyday trousers in cold snowy sweden.
zbynekm
October 13th, 2019
I bought replica trousers -German from WWII and they are very good quality,fit perfect and soon I will order something more- The History Bunker is the best company for vintage clothes lovers.Thank you Mark.
Kind regards
Zbynek Mac Tire
bernieb50
December 10th, 2018
Recently I purchased a leather jacket from the History Bunker. From the first contact with Mark until I received the jacket I found the service to be efficient, personal and professional. The jacket I purchased was tailor made from the measurements I provided for no extra cost! The jacket fits perfectly and the quality is exceptional! I live in Canada and I paid about half of what I would have paid for a jacket similar to the one I ordered. I highly recommend the History Bunker if you are in the market for a unique high quality leather jacket.
holgerg1
March 23rd, 2019
I have ordered an uniform jacket (Anglo Zulu war period) and got a perfect fitting masterpiece of highest quality. I only had to send my individual measurings after a chart, provided by the seller. This work is absolutely worth the money. The seller communicates very friendly and fast and answered me immediately any question I had, no matter if it was about the work or the historical background of the uniform.
I can recommend this seller highly!
alanc246
February 28th, 2019
I never ordered a tailored coat before and had no idea on how long it would take and everytime i would inquire about my order i would promptly receive a email on the status of my order from mark when i recived my coat it was above and beyond what i expected absolutely beautifully made coat that fits like a glove i cant say enough about it but if you want a authentic replica of a Gestapo leather great coat look no further than the History Bunker
alexb446
April 5th, 2019
I recently bought a German WWII uniform from History Bunker, that was too large (my mistake). I was able to return it, and Mark was very helpful in getting me another one that was just right. The quality of the uniform is excellent, and overall my experience with History Bunker was great. I definitely recommend buying from here.
joshuag64
March 10th, 2018
I must say, despite at first having slight doibt I was proven wrong in a heart beat. I ordered a German Tunic from WW1 and thinking that it would take at least a week to get to California all the way from The UK I was settling to wait until next week. 3 days later, boom, it was here and all ready. I absolutely love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a uniform to reenact or simply for collection purposes. Great website, I absolutely love it! Will buy from here again!
chrisb469
February 8th, 2018
I am extremely happy with my Officers Leather Overcoat. Since Mark allows custom measurements to be submitted, I sent him some that I took from a coat I already own. The coat he created fits perfectly and is very well made. I suggest going with the Vintage Black cowhide option; it doesnt look too new and is the real deal. Take the time to go back and forth with Mark; he wants to make you happy so dont be stingy with your wardrobe needs. Style adjustments and alterations can be easily made; you just need to ask. Expect to wait around seven weeks for a custom creation, but well worth it.
andym216
February 23rd, 2019
Had a little predicament with sizing but thanks to Mark's help and patience I finally got the outfit I wanted. Boer War uniform that I turned into a vintage safari outfit. Unlike most reproduction companies that don't alow customization. This company does. Definitely look forward to dealing with them in the future for more custom historic outfit ideas.
hansa28
February 14th, 2019
The History Bunker is a nice company to work with! Living on the continent (Netherlands) and not knowing the exact differences in cloth sizes I decided to go for tailor fit. Got personal help where needed from Mark. Great experience. The final result is perfect, looks nice, fit splendid.
Thanks guys!
Regards, Hans
marcob84
March 12th, 2019
I have just received a WW1 Scottish cutaway tunic and am very pleased and satisfied. The price is reasonable and the time of delivery respected. Great communication and assistance under every aspect. Highly recommended seller
sergiom55
February 1st, 2018
I bought my calvary uniform to create a Red Baron for The Edwardian Ball here in San Francisco. It was the wrong size. Mark worked with me returning the original uniform and was able to get a custom size back to me in time for my soiree. He answered all my questions over the phone and was so very courteous both on the phone and in his emails. Now if I can get him to make Victorian Royal Navy uniforms?

Tip for consumers: Call or write to get the measurement guide and have someone take your size before ordering, then call Mark and go over the sizing. This will save time and money in the long run.

calebh54
December 18th, 2018
The coat of outstanding quality, the leather is soft and the red lining is beautiful. The coat has obviously been crafted expertly and I am sure this will last a lifetime. Mark was friendly and very fast at answering any of my questions.

I recommend buying from the history bunker to anyone!
robertk598
January 25th, 2019
Received my leather u-boat pants yesterday afternoon. Perfect!!! Great fit. Can't say enough good things about them. Can't wait to show them off. Worth the wait.
davidb1888
December 11th, 2018
The leather jacket is well made fits perfectly. Mark was very helpful with getting the proper sizing and answering my initial questions promptly. If there's one thing I would change, it would be a little more communication after the order has been placed.
richardd462
November 6th, 2018
I needed some hats for a short film and they were terrific. I am very happy to know that such a service exists today - a shop specialising in historical military outfit manufacturing. I might be interested in a very convincing Halloween costume at some point and this is definitely the place to go.
nickw150
December 8th, 2018
Fast email responses. Mark was able to help us out with a tight schedule. And the quality of the goods really blew me away. I'm going to feel bad dirtying it up for use in our short film!
melissam258
February 17th, 2018
Perfect fit as always.
Outstanding quality and worth every penny.
Great communication with the store, always a quicl respons to questions asked.
Of you want fast and cheap looking rip offs go to Aliexpress.
If you want real historical correct and a quality product that wil last you your life time shop here.
This became my favorite store really fast after my very first order.
5 stars always.
massimoc7
July 15th, 2018
I bought WW1 pants
and a Officers Zulu War jacket
all good workmanship and quality .. I'm happy with these wonderful purchases

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TheHistoryBunker staff and other customers.

We deal in, as well and manufacturing, reproduction military uniforms, mainly from WW1 and WW2

markp54
Mark p.
Owner / Executive
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TheHistoryBunker?

Have a question about TheHistoryBunker?