TheHistoryBunker reviews

info@thehistorybunker.co.uk

1 star

barrye54
9/14/18

I recently purchased the vintage W.W.I Imperial German Air Corp Fighter Pilots' Jacket from TheHistoryBunker web site and could not be more pleased. The web site was very well done with excellent pictures of the product and good descriptions. The customer service was top notch, with a representative, Mark (?) often communicating with me in virtual real time-like conversation via email. When I finally decided which jacket I wanted, and placed my order, the jacket arrived to me in Boston, U.S.A. within two days. As soon as I took this jacket out of the packaging I knew it was exactly everything "as advertised" on the web site. The fit was perfect and the "look" was beautiful. I immediately loved this jacket. Here is my overall rating:
Web site: Very good.
Service, and Customer Service: Impressive, and Outstanding
Quality/Craftsmanship of product: Superb and, "precisely as advertised"

luish57
9/11/18

Very pleased with the quality of jacket, Police Trousers and Glengarry Cap.
History Bunker Crew (Mark) also guided about Trousers and Cap to match the uniform to avoid long time for receive all them, I'm very pleased with the personal contact they did.
Ultra fast and very good shipment, only takes four or five days from the order day to have the package at home (U.K. to Spain).
Very happy with this order, highly recomended!

briank257
8/9/18

I ordered this tunic on E bay, it arrived in France 2 days later! I was absolutely delighted. I did not know what to expect, but the quality is amazing. It is beautifully made, and is a perfect fit. I have never seen a real tunic like this before, but I have very many repro uniforms, civil war etc, all hand made, but this is probably the best. Considering this was 'off the peg' the fit is great. Size 42 was size 42, not as usually found, incorrectly sized.
I would 100% recommend this tunic and if History Bunkers other goods are as good, as I'm certain they will be, then I wouldn't look elsewhere.
I shall be ordering more gear from Mark. Thank you.

Tip for consumers: More detailed pictures of the Uniforms would be nice.

massimoc7
7/15/18

I bought WW1 pants
and a Officers Zulu War jacket
all good workmanship and quality .. I'm happy with these wonderful purchases

larryw103
3/17/18

This uniform fits perfectly and is made of high quality material. Beautiful craftsmanship in the creation of this uniform. I've compared it to period photos and this recreation is spot on. Hard to believe one gets such quality in bespoke costuming at these prices.

joshuag64
3/10/18

I must say, despite at first having slight doibt I was proven wrong in a heart beat. I ordered a German Tunic from WW1 and thinking that it would take at least a week to get to California all the way from The UK I was settling to wait until next week. 3 days later, boom, it was here and all ready. I absolutely love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a uniform to reenact or simply for collection purposes. Great website, I absolutely love it! Will buy from here again!

melissam258
2/17/18

Perfect fit as always.
Outstanding quality and worth every penny.
Great communication with the store, always a quicl respons to questions asked.
Of you want fast and cheap looking rip offs go to Aliexpress.
If you want real historical correct and a quality product that wil last you your life time shop here.
This became my favorite store really fast after my very first order.
5 stars always.

chrisb469
2/8/18

I am extremely happy with my Officers Leather Overcoat. Since Mark allows custom measurements to be submitted, I sent him some that I took from a coat I already own. The coat he created fits perfectly and is very well made. I suggest going with the Vintage Black cowhide option; it doesnt look too new and is the real deal. Take the time to go back and forth with Mark; he wants to make you happy so dont be stingy with your wardrobe needs. Style adjustments and alterations can be easily made; you just need to ask. Expect to wait around seven weeks for a custom creation, but well worth it.

sergiom55
2/1/18

I bought my calvary uniform to create a Red Baron for The Edwardian Ball here in San Francisco. It was the wrong size. Mark worked with me returning the original uniform and was able to get a custom size back to me in time for my soiree. He answered all my questions over the phone and was so very courteous both on the phone and in his emails. Now if I can get him to make Victorian Royal Navy uniforms?

Tip for consumers: Call or write to get the measurement guide and have someone take your size before ordering, then call Mark and go over the sizing. This will save time and money in the long run.

claudioc15
1/24/18

Bravo bravo bravo...... good leather good manufacturing a perfect replica of German Hartmann jacket . Not the last purchase.. see you later claudio

miroslavb2
1/19/18

The communication with the History Bunk was perfect.
The jacket was perfectly done: tailored, first grade leather.
Everything from the start such as inquiry of information to ordering and delivery was very good.
It is also not my last order, i will definitely order much more staff.
Jaro G., Slovakia

michaels749
12/28/17

The staff @ the History Bunk, are great with communcation to any inquiry. The tunic is of great quality and fitted perfectly. This is NOT a cheap knock off as from other suppliers. Plus, they shipped within the time frame they said. I highly refer them if one wants a quality uniform at a great price.

paoloc18
12/25/17

A great jacket, beautifully tailored, first rate quality and good price: I'm pretty sure it won't be the last leather coat I'll buy from HB! As far as customer service is concerned, Mark has always been very kind and supportive. Definitively, an outstanding shopping experience! Thanks.
Paolo C., Italy

jims320
12/21/17

Made to order Australian WW1 2nd pattern mounted breeches. Exceptional quality, perfect fit, outstanding customer service. Real value for money.

jasonk134
12/18/17

Fantastic quality, great price, and on-time delivery. I bought a great black leather coat that will be with me for the rest of my life. Thanks, History Bunker!

olivierj4
12/16/17

I ordered a Victorian police uniform, an excellent article! Very well crafted and comfortable to wear!
furthermore, the client service is really good: they give useful advice and the return system is efficient (thanks Mark for your patience)!
I recommend this company and I won't hesitate to order from them again!

martinn29
12/8/17

The WW1 leather coat is unbelievable. Well made and very sharp! Should also keep me warm in my home of North Dakota, USA.

jimh212
12/8/17

Very impressed with the leather jacket that I received. It is excellently manufactured and lightweight, which makes it ideal for layering with uniform.
I recommend The History Bunker wholeheartedly and will return for further business.

michaelp359
10/31/17

Received tunic today. It is a excellent reproduction. Check out many other sites, but this was the best. Super fast shipping to USA,

cyrilf8
10/10/17

Costume Impeccable ! Contact tres sympathique ! Parfait pour mon Cosplay de Steve Trevor de Wonder Woman !
Merci !

macn5
10/3/17

This is not my first order from The History Bunker. I continue to be impressed by the service and the quality of the gear. I've dealt with other companies before but this one has reliability that I can appreciate. I have yet to return a product, for any reason. Thank you TheHistoryBunker. I shall return.

leop356
9/11/17

J'ai loué un uniforme pour un tournage d'une journée. Envoi très rapide vers la France. Superbe uniforme de bonne qualité, pour un prix tres accessible. Merci !

mikek187
9/7/17

i ordered a First War Officers Tunic and Peak Cap from Mark at History Bunker. I was very satisfied with the authenticity and quality workmanship. Mark was very good and promptly answered all inquiries during the process. Definitely a ' five star' Company.
Mike King ( formerly CAF Officer)

jonasp9
8/22/17

They are doing great craftsmanship and the quality is absolutely top notch.
I would certainly use this store again. :)

ians100
6/14/17

Ordered an RAF Group Captain uniform. Great quality. Really looks and feels like the genuine article. Worth every penny. Thoroughly recommend The History Bunker. I have no doubt I will be a returning customer. Thank you History Bunker.

Questions? Get answers from the TheHistoryBunker staff and other customers.

8 Photos for TheHistoryBunker