TheHistoryBunker

TheHistoryBunker has a consumer rating of 4.92 stars from 148 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. TheHistoryBunker also ranks 1st among History sites.

• I ordered a tailored WW2 German leather jacket "Imperial German Fighter Pilots leather jacket" from the History Bunker.
  • Customer service is another extraordinary experience on its own.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate TheHistoryBunker?

“Simply perfect”

Markus K.
3/6/19

I have ordered a leather jacket. When it came to choosing the right size, I needed some assistance. Mark was extremely responsive and all questions were answered, jacket had to be custom made. Order placed, jacket arrived within the communicated lead time. I am extremely happy with the quality and the fit of the jacket provided. Heavy leather, good craftsmanship, it could not get any better!

“Horrible”

ataliste B.
3/5/19

Simply ordered 1 Hat, waited 1 month with no updates, contacted them to see what was going on. Mark got back to me and claimed that he would contact his hat maker. Waited another 2 weeks with nothing, contacted him again just to see if he had ANY information about it but still none. Eventually he refunded me and said that he would contact me when the hat does arrive, that was in January, and of course still nothing. Ridiculous waste of my time.

leather jacket (14) customer service (13) leather coat (8) quality product (6) german officer (5) excellent service (4)
markusk16
March 6th, 2019

Tip for consumers: Talk to the owner, he is very responsive and helpful

Thanks Markus, much appreciated- Mark
atalisteb
March 5th, 2019
Mark p. – TheHistoryBunker Rep
Hi, I’m sorry you had such a poor experience, we had trouble with a particular supplier and therefore felt it best to refund rather than keep you hanging on for any longer. I will also add that we do make many items to order which can take 6 to 8 weeks
kellym646
December 9th, 2019
12/9/2019 : I ordered a WW 1 German Flier's leather jacket and two pairs each of WW II panzer wrap pants and German grey service shirts on Aug 9/19. The website says 6- 8 weeks and often longer especially for leather goods. I waited 10 weeks and enquired and was told by the owner he would check but he thought it was ready. A few days later a FedEx label is created and the package sent. When it arrived it was only the jacket which was well made except for some of the buttons which popped off on the first use and no interior pocket as advertised. I then enquired about the rest of it. "Oh we're shipping this weekend" was his response. Again, (days after "this weekend" a label is created etc. Again the package comes and it is only one pair of pants and one shirt. Again - where is the rest of it? AGAIN "we're shipping the final (his word - final) shipment this weekend." Again, days later the label is created and the package eventually arrives. Only one pair of pants, no shirt, and the pants are not to the bespoke measurements given and appear to be off the rack (actually they look used). Frankly, they don't even seem to be quite the same pattern!

Update 12/10/2019 : I engaged with Mark and he has refunded for the shirt not sent and the pants. The shirt he stated was supposed to be sent but wasn't. As for the pants it appears whoever packed the last shipment just grabbed off the rack. I appreciate his quick response to this. The articles that were shipped are of very high quality. If you are ordering be aware that the time duration seems to be very long on items you wouldn't think should take so long. Again, this was 17 weeks.
Mark p. – TheHistoryBunker Rep
Hi Kelly, thanks for the updated review, I’m glad we could leave things on a reasonably even keel and that you are happy with the quality of the items you did receive

Kind regards

Mark
markg557
January 31st, 2019
Custom made U Boat gear. I was super happy with the quality, and fit.
Will buy more gear there for sure.
glennl57
December 6th, 2018
Many emails over several months trying to get one hat. When asked for shipping tracking number they were never able to provide one. After repeated requests they still could not figure out the problem and eventually gave refund. Don't waste your time with these folks unless you have no other options.
Mark p. – TheHistoryBunker Rep
Hi, customer had a hat on back order, he then informed us that he had acquired one elsewhere so he was duly refunded - emails between us were always amicable on both sides, so the review is quite puzzling.
luish57
September 11th, 2018
Very pleased with the quality of jacket, Police Trousers and Glengarry Cap.
History Bunker Crew (Mark) also guided about Trousers and Cap to match the uniform to avoid long time for receive all them, I'm very pleased with the personal contact they did.
Ultra fast and very good shipment, only takes four or five days from the order day to have the package at home (U.K. to Spain).
Very happy with this order, highly recomended!
holgerg1
March 23rd, 2019
I have ordered an uniform jacket (Anglo Zulu war period) and got a perfect fitting masterpiece of highest quality. I only had to send my individual measurings after a chart, provided by the seller. This work is absolutely worth the money. The seller communicates very friendly and fast and answered me immediately any question I had, no matter if it was about the work or the historical background of the uniform.
I can recommend this seller highly!
philippes9
December 11th, 2018
Perfectly adjusted and manufactured in a high quality fabrics.Superb work in the manufacture of both uniforms. Excellent communication with Mark store manager, always a quick answer to the questions asked. always kind and considerate.and he is a man of his word, a man of honor. My wife and I are very happy with our outfits.
Shipping on time. I highly recommend if you want a uniform that meets the chosen period and quality at a reasonable price.
Thanks, Mark, thanks History Bunker!
Philippe et Isabelle Sorensen
Normandy France
hansa28
February 14th, 2019
The History Bunker is a nice company to work with! Living on the continent (Netherlands) and not knowing the exact differences in cloth sizes I decided to go for tailor fit. Got personal help where needed from Mark. Great experience. The final result is perfect, looks nice, fit splendid.
Thanks guys!
Regards, Hans
zbynekm
October 13th, 2019
I bought replica trousers -German from WWII and they are very good quality,fit perfect and soon I will order something more- The History Bunker is the best company for vintage clothes lovers.Thank you Mark.
Kind regards
Zbynek Mac Tire
fredrikh
August 4th, 2016
Bought a pair of British battledress trousers and a para smock, made to measure. Couldn't be happier with the result or the help I got on the way.
Highly recommended
theodoreo4
March 6th, 2019
Yesterday I received a great German WWII SS uniform from "The History Bunker". The items came within the noted timetable of 6-8 weeks. This uniform will be used in a scifi WWII movie project later this summer in the U.S. The uniform fit perfectly and was produced so well....that I will be recommending The History Bunker to all my German WWII re-enactors. Thank you for the best uniform I have ever acquired since 2001! Ted
sergiom55
February 1st, 2018
I bought my calvary uniform to create a Red Baron for The Edwardian Ball here in San Francisco. It was the wrong size. Mark worked with me returning the original uniform and was able to get a custom size back to me in time for my soiree. He answered all my questions over the phone and was so very courteous both on the phone and in his emails. Now if I can get him to make Victorian Royal Navy uniforms?

Tip for consumers: Call or write to get the measurement guide and have someone take your size before ordering, then call Mark and go over the sizing. This will save time and money in the long run.

alanc246
February 28th, 2019
I never ordered a tailored coat before and had no idea on how long it would take and everytime i would inquire about my order i would promptly receive a email on the status of my order from mark when i recived my coat it was above and beyond what i expected absolutely beautifully made coat that fits like a glove i cant say enough about it but if you want a authentic replica of a Gestapo leather great coat look no further than the History Bunker
andym216
February 23rd, 2019
Had a little predicament with sizing but thanks to Mark's help and patience I finally got the outfit I wanted. Boer War uniform that I turned into a vintage safari outfit. Unlike most reproduction companies that don't alow customization. This company does. Definitely look forward to dealing with them in the future for more custom historic outfit ideas.
melissam258
February 17th, 2018
Perfect fit as always.
Outstanding quality and worth every penny.
Great communication with the store, always a quicl respons to questions asked.
Of you want fast and cheap looking rip offs go to Aliexpress.
If you want real historical correct and a quality product that wil last you your life time shop here.
This became my favorite store really fast after my very first order.
5 stars always.
alexb446
April 5th, 2019
I recently bought a German WWII uniform from History Bunker, that was too large (my mistake). I was able to return it, and Mark was very helpful in getting me another one that was just right. The quality of the uniform is excellent, and overall my experience with History Bunker was great. I definitely recommend buying from here.
miroslavb2
January 19th, 2018
The communication with the History Bunk was perfect.
The jacket was perfectly done: tailored, first grade leather.
Everything from the start such as inquiry of information to ordering and delivery was very good.
It is also not my last order, i will definitely order much more staff.
Jaro G., Slovakia
robertk598
January 25th, 2019
Received my leather u-boat pants yesterday afternoon. Perfect!!! Great fit. Can't say enough good things about them. Can't wait to show them off. Worth the wait.
marcob84
March 12th, 2019
I have just received a WW1 Scottish cutaway tunic and am very pleased and satisfied. The price is reasonable and the time of delivery respected. Great communication and assistance under every aspect. Highly recommended seller
joshuag64
March 10th, 2018
I must say, despite at first having slight doibt I was proven wrong in a heart beat. I ordered a German Tunic from WW1 and thinking that it would take at least a week to get to California all the way from The UK I was settling to wait until next week. 3 days later, boom, it was here and all ready. I absolutely love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a uniform to reenact or simply for collection purposes. Great website, I absolutely love it! Will buy from here again!
cd111
February 24th, 2017
Being a distrustful person in general, I tend to check up on reviews first whether they are reliable enough; I'm glad that they actually are very reliable, and fast too when it comes to delivery. Qualitywise these products are also outstanding. As for communication, Mr. Mark replies very fast to your questions, should one have these.
I'd recommend this store for people who look for good WW1 garments. (mine was a WW1 French overcoat, and I'm very pleased with it).
massimoc7
July 15th, 2018
I bought WW1 pants
and a Officers Zulu War jacket
all good workmanship and quality .. I'm happy with these wonderful purchases
barrye54
September 14th, 2018
I recently purchased the vintage W.W.I Imperial German Air Corp Fighter Pilots' Jacket from TheHistoryBunker web site and could not be more pleased. The web site was very well done with excellent pictures of the product and good descriptions. The customer service was top notch, with a representative, Mark (?) often communicating with me in virtual real time-like conversation via email. When I finally decided which jacket I wanted, and placed my order, the jacket arrived to me in Boston, U.S.A. within two days. As soon as I took this jacket out of the packaging I knew it was exactly everything "as advertised" on the web site. The fit was perfect and the "look" was beautiful. I immediately loved this jacket. Here is my overall rating:
Web site: Very good.
Service, and Customer Service: Impressive, and Outstanding
Quality/Craftsmanship of product: Superb and, "precisely as advertised"
chrisb469
February 8th, 2018
I am extremely happy with my Officers Leather Overcoat. Since Mark allows custom measurements to be submitted, I sent him some that I took from a coat I already own. The coat he created fits perfectly and is very well made. I suggest going with the Vintage Black cowhide option; it doesnt look too new and is the real deal. Take the time to go back and forth with Mark; he wants to make you happy so dont be stingy with your wardrobe needs. Style adjustments and alterations can be easily made; you just need to ask. Expect to wait around seven weeks for a custom creation, but well worth it.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TheHistoryBunker staff and other customers.

We deal in, as well and manufacturing, reproduction military uniforms, mainly from WW1 and WW2

Mark p.
Owner / Executive
Typically responds within 21 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TheHistoryBunker?

Have a question about TheHistoryBunker?