Review of TerraPass

San Francisco, CA 94111, US
info@terrapass.com

lorene17
11/3/15

A carefully crafted scam that works to milk folks out of their hard earned cash by making them feel guilty about their impact on the environment. Telling folks that everything they pay will make the world greener. This is false all you are doing is paying other companies for their green efforts that are already required under federal law. Be smart and go donate to a real charity that helps the environment by planting trees, or researching alternative energy, or other such things.

robf29
11/3/15

We all have a carbon footprint, the average in the US is 20 tons of CO emissions per year, over twice the worldwide average.

Reducing your footprint is important but we all have practical needs like home heating and air travel to visit family that are hardship to cut back on. As far as I know, Terrapass is one of the only options.

The site provides insights that are empowering and help you understand how you can change your behavior. The insights alone are worth five stars. I calculated that I cut my footprint in half, primarilly by switching from my gas guzzling Audi wagon to my Ford CMax plug in hybrid.

The only reason I'm not giving Terrapass five stars is that it was hard to get expedited shipping for Chirstmas last year and I would love to see Terrapass available from Amazon or someone else that ships quickly. Of course, expedited shipping should also come with its own carbon offset built in.

davide29
12/11/12

It is amazing what folks will fall for now a days to ease their guilt. The damage is still being done. Your paying somone else to invest in clean energy and reap the rewards from it are going to do nothing for the enviroment. If your still convinced this is what you need to do then contact me I'll invest in the clean energy for you with less "administrative" costs.

juliaj
5/19/08

Calculate your carbon footprint and buy green gadgets - You input how much you drive, fly and spend on energy and then calculate how much CO2 you emit (I emit 50,000 lbs! - eek). It's really interesting to think about. This number also omits thing like how much stuff I buy (bottled water, food, plastic anything, etc.) but it is still scary. The site also allows you to buy carbon offsets that go towards environmentally friendly projects. It's a neat idea, but how do I know my carbon offsets are going to be put to efficient use?

There are also a bunch of neat "green" products that are great gift ideas. My favorite is the solar powered device recharger that works with cell phones, iPods, etc.: http://www.terrapass.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=USBCELL-AA2&Store_Code=TerraPass

Questions? Get answers from the TerraPass staff and other customers.

TerraPass?