Tenkara Fly Shop reviews

Tel: (716)785-8987
jim@tenkaraflyshop.com

douglasm241
5/14/19

I have not received my flies yet but the owner answer my questions and gave me some sound advice on fly selection. He did not try to oversell me flies I may never need.

waynem259
2/23/19

Fast to keep me updated on progress of tying flies but did let me know there would be a slight delay. No probkem a coupke of months before trout season

adamb416
2/5/19

Jim produces an excellent product. You can see the care that goes into his work.

On top of that his communication is very good. He sends multiple updates about the status of your order.

All in all, an excellent experience. Highly recommended.

keithd128
1/31/19

Fast and professional, ordered the Jameson yarn, replied immediately with a free shipping offer, I would definitely recommend this site

danb502
1/30/19

I received the fly order today. Every fly was beautifully crafted. I look forward to getting them wet. The flies were tied to order, I was kept informed all through the brief wait, and you could not ask for more personal service or attention.

Tenkara Fly Shop is now my official go-to source.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thank you Dan. Welcome to the family. Tight lines!
barryj56
12/24/18

Great customer service and their products are of excellent quality. I will always look for this merchant before anyone else.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Barry. It's great to know that our efforts are appreciated. Happy Holidays.
francisr41
12/7/18

I am not a fisherman but wanted to buy an assortment for a friend for Christmas. He did a beautiful job in putting together a nice assortment, asking what kind of fishing he does, and shipped exactly as promised. They look beautiful.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Francis. Happy Holidays.
rickys59
11/5/18

Everything is of a superb quality and looks like a true work of art. Fly fishing has become very enjoyable thanks to the products from this store.

andrewc437
11/3/18

Jim is a pleasure to work with - quick response to order and fast delivery. I will be ordering again as needed.

waynej63
10/22/18

Purchased a range of patterns from Jim which I succesfully used on a recent fishing trip .Jims Black Ant and the Kebari Futsu Common consistently out performed all my other patterns over a 5 day period ,and I will definitely purchase more from Jim in the future.

davids1806
9/24/18

After placing my order I had a question regarding an item I purchased. Within 3 hours I heard back from the staff. They answered my question and then provided me additional information to contact Chris Stewart at TenkaraBum. Not only were my questions addressed, I gained more insightful information I was looking for. Thanks Dave

jeffh422
9/3/18

Very fast response and delivery. Materials are just as described. I couldn't be happier with the transaction. Thank you.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thank you for your review Jeff, and I'm happy that you appreciate your delivery. I do feel that I need to qualify the topic of fast delivery for the benefit of the average customer. Your order was for fly-tying materials, which I ordinarily send out next business day. In the case of kebari which are tied on demand, I usually have a backlog of orders. Again thanks for your glowing approval and best of luck with your tying adventures. Jim
davek170
7/12/18

great item sent fast very happy""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

ericj143
4/23/18

Excellent communication and customer services. When I told Jim I was leaving on a trip later in the week, he made sure I got the flies on time and with no extra charge. Thanks Jim! I'll send photos of the fish I catch with my Tenkara Flies.
Eric J

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Eric. My pleasure. Tight lines.
ursg
4/20/18

Top Preis-Leistungsverhältnis.
Gute Qualität der Ware
Sehr schnelle Lieferung
Besten Dank auf ein nächstes Mal

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Danke Urs, ich weiß deine Bewertung zu schätzen
robertm632
3/28/18

i miss read the home site about Jim being on vacation,so Jim send me a e-mail, about him being on vacation. an that Jim would refund my order, reply back to JIm that i was willing to wait for him to back from his vacation,so i got a e-mail from Jim stated I was next after he complete one order before me.an for that i thank you for staying in touch with his customer.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thank you Robert. I try to treat customers the way that I would want to be treated.
michaelt275
2/23/18

Great experience. Helpful. Good prices.nice range of flies from those to,loose in trees to more high end.....recommended

robertm601
2/5/18

Looking for Tenkara flies to buy on the internet and found the Tenkaraflies site.... made an order and got them on Saturday.... very pleased and will make future orders during the season.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Robert. Happy to have you as a customer.
gusm35
11/30/17

The service provided by Jim is unmatched. He responded quickly about the timeline for shipping and advice about the flys choosen. You just don't see that kind of service these days. I am a customer for life.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Gus. I appreciate the confirmation that my efforts are helpful.
natee1
11/11/17

Good communication, product looks great. My first outing went great- just two of the kebari patterns simply to test them out. I ended up with several browns despite it being a heavily fished Colorado river. Cant wait to try the kebaris in smaller water, and cant wait to try out the soft hackles.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Nate! The water is where it counts.
simonr59
10/11/17

Excellent customer service. Still waiting on my flies, but they have provided constant updates on production. Really good direct contact with this company.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thank you Simon. I hope that I am working with you guys in the way that I would want to be treated if I was the customer.
sungjinp
9/10/17

I ordered a large order and my ordered was rushed since I had a fishing trip coming up. Friendly and was easy to work with.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thanks Sungjin. One of the advantages of purchasing from a small operation is personal service. I'm glad that I could accommodate your timeline. Good luck on your trip.
mikeh338
8/1/17

My experience was excellent. The person fulfilling my order was very proactive and responsive. My order came sooner than I expected. Every question I had was answered completely.

thomast95
7/18/17

Quality of product was outstanding. I especially like the fact that they could be ordered barbless which is a requirement where I fish. They look great.

justinp53
6/19/17

Very nice flies, good quality at a great price. Especially compared to big box and chains, they don't hold a candle to the quality of these.

Response from James W., Tenkara Fly Shop Representative
Thank you Justin!

Questions? Get answers from the Tenkara Fly Shop staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Tenkara Fly Shop