Review of TaylorGowns

TaylorGowns reviews

customerservice@taylorgowns.com

lindam532
4/25/18

Bought a dress for £115, full of holes in overlay been offered 4% refund laughable for something which is not fit for purpose and will never b worn only, fit for dustbin, and no not answering my emails

nargisq
11/8/17

I bought a prom dress from Taylor Gowns and paid extra for Express Delivery.
The gown arrived after the event so I had to purchase another dress.
I emailed the company several times but never got a response!
Appalling service , avoid this company at all costs !!

bethanyg8
3/1/16

i paid almost 300$ for a dress and paid the extra amount to get it tailored to my size. when i got the dress it was too long and sequins were falling off!!! they would not reply to my emails, and would not give me their address to ship it back to return!!

sabrinav4
12/9/15

I was so afraid to buy from the site after I read the reviews but I took a chance my wedding dress is beautiful it did come in a bag but I can put in the cleaners it's very detailed and just simply gorgeous I'm very happy and would by again from them

vm30
11/17/15

Bought my daughter's formal dress for just over $200 AUD to exact measurements. Dress arrived - the hem was WAY too long, the halter strap too long, and some of the sequins were already detaching - from a 'new' dress?? I sent them a message and received NO response. I trawled their Exchange and Refund policies where it says;
2. Everything's great but the sizing is wrong? Have it tailored and we'll reimburse you partially.
All our dresses comes with extra inseam to allow minor alterations. If the sizing doesn't quite fit you, we can reimburse you the cost for a local tailor fix.
When I emailed to request this, their response was because I didn't respond to them immediately (WHICH I DID) I'm not entitled to a refund. Unscrupulous charlatans.

leisaa
9/19/15

For a dress that was advertised on the web site for $133.00 it cost me $200.00 after I paid for shipping. I had no idea the dress was coming from China! Either the material or beading made my skin break out in a horrible rash and I can't wear the dress. I emailed the company back and was told it was my fault I didn't tell them my skin would break out. They suggested I try to sell it on my own. They told me the shipping to send it back to China would cost more than the dress itself. False advertising and a horrible company to deal with!

staceyn3
9/9/15

I ordered my dress from Taylor Prom and I received the dress rolled up in a bag. I get the dress out and there were several places where the dress wasn't stitched together. I ordered Ivory received white. I have emailed them numerous times and the response was you can pay to have it fixed. Ummmmm excuse me but I have pd you to purchase a dress that I can wear not put more money in the dress. These dresses are cheap are not worth the money you spend. I have ask thru several emails where to send dress back for a refund. They never answer with the info. I will be searching a little harder to get my money back. This kind of business needs to be SHUT DOWN..

bethanyg7
9/3/15

While buying the dress they were very nice with questions, paid extra on my dress and gave my exact measurments. I get the dress 2 weeks later than my date they said i would get it, and it does not fit. I meaure the dress and it is no where near my size. i emailed them back and forth arguing and they refused to give me their address to ship it back, and stopped replying to my emails. WORST EXPERIANCE

shazadiw
8/31/15

I've seen alot of bad reviews but I had a really good experience with this site, I got my dress the other day for my formal and it's gorgeous. The quality of the dress is up to standard although it did take a little longer then expected to arrive

harveyc18
8/16/15

We tried buying a dress from them and the got a fraud alert from our credit card. They had tried to charge us 3 times for 3 different amounts. We read the reviews and decided to decline the charge. Sketchy $#*!

richards145
7/2/15

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY - Dresses not made to customer requirements, and refund refused

My fiancée ordered one of her bridesmaid dresses for our wedding from this website, and when it arrived it did not have the promised alterations required so that it would fit in with the wedding theme.

Poor communication, they offered to send pieces for us to arrange alterations at a local tailor at our cost rather than provide a dress to our original requirements, and refund refused depsite my fiancees repeated follow ups..

Has caused a lot of stress to my fiancée, so posting this in the hope that someone reading it before they purchase will see it, steer well clear of this company, and go instead to a reputable supplier.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE

annet184
5/31/15

They are definitely con artists. I bought a prom dress for my daughter it cost £115 and when it came she cried! It was only fit for the dustbin. No chance of a refund either because they give you the run around. By the way they are based in singapore!

ando11
5/21/15

My daughters prom dress arrived. Utterly disappointing, their web site mis represents what you will actually receive. Their descriptions are false. I have had email contact with them. They have offered I keep the dress and receive a partial refund...are they actually kidding me. We paid £113 for a piece of tat that arrived from Singapore not the UK. I would not recommend this company, their customer service team are charlatans . The emails I've received from them are actually laughable . They rely on consumers not pursuing further for £100. It's disgusting and I am referring them to trading standards. The sale of goods act 1979 clearly states the item should be as described. Well the dress we ordered was described as embellished with beading, there is not one single bead on the dress. In my book that is not as described.

helenl38
5/12/15

I ordered a prom dress for my daughter 8 weeks ago from jades gowns. I emailed twice asking when I could expect to receive the item and had no reply . 2 days ago it arrived in a plastic bag from Hong Kong !
I had specifically bought from a UK website, or so I thought ! The dress looks cheap and badly made and is completely the wrong size for my daughter. I have emailed a complaint but I expect the chances of hearing from these people are very slim! What a waste of £100. We don't have a lot of money as it is and I had to borrow money to buy my daughter her dream dress. I am hugely upset and angry by this company! PLEASE do not buy from them !!!!!!!

tb46
5/4/15

The design was right, but it was a little on the small side (even though we went with the measurements they provided) but the biggest issue is the plastic-looking fabric! I contacted them to complain, and they asked me to please just keep the dress and thanked me for understanding. We have decided to keep it, but it's probably going to end up just being an expensive costume dress-up, and I would NEVER recommend them. Too bad - There is so much potential for this company, but they don't seem to feel any obligation to deliver what is promised.

rs75
4/14/15

I'll start by saying that the positive reviews on this site are almost certainly fake. We received the dress late, the size and colour were wrong and the overall quality is rubbish. Jadegowns have refused to give a return adresss and use a series of delaying replies to drag out the whole process with no intention of honouring there promise of being able to accept a return. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
Im only glad that I paid by credit card and can try to get the cash back this way.

maryd87
4/10/15

Don't use this site. Dress came in late and in a 8x10 plastic bag all rolled in. I tried to send it back they would let me And would not give me a refund. After two weeks of emails I settled for a 50 refund and a dress that I will never wear and it awfully made. Don't waist your time or money on buying on line. Just pay the money for the dress you can see and try on. Wishe'd I could post all the emails between me and this company so rude.

dw496
4/9/15

ordered a prom dress to small, not as pictured and she want me to send pictures which is explotation. I contacted my bank to get my money back, but some one needs to put a stop to this company and the fraud they are commiting.

lisam140
1/21/15

I ordered a taylor made gown from taylor/jadegowns, i sent several emails asking different questions which were always replied to promptly. after reading reviews on this site i panicked and ordered a cheap back up dress from amazon(which was lovely) however my dress from taylorgowns has arrived in plenty of time for my function, it is well made, fits like a glove and absoloutly stunning! i am extremely happy and would def use them again

olivias13
1/11/15

I feel so fortunate to have had a positive experience with taylor gown shop, considering the other reviews. I got two of the same dress (different colours) custom made for my year ten formals. They were well priced, arrived on time and the material was good.

I would suggest ordering early as possible as even though my dresses arrived on time, they came later than expected.
Also, I did have to get some adjustments made as the lining underneath was wonky.

But still I was really happy and everyone LOVED the dresses! There's still hope!

Tip for consumers: Be careful as the business seems inconsistent - you'll either have a really good, or really bad experience!

shamimai
1/10/15

Stay away from this shoddy excuse for a business. This business gave me a horrible experience. When my dress arrived it looked nothing like the picture, it was a horrible pink instead of navy. It was tacky, cheaply made, uncomfortable, absolutely nothing like the picture. "Linda Taylor" refused to refund me and kept offering me amounts such as 20 pounds for tailoring, I refused and then got sick of listening to their rubbish and accepted £50. Worst customer service experience of my life.

lisam134
12/19/14

Never use this site!!! I was refused a refund after getting a dress that didn't fit or the right colour. I was told it would be to much hassle for me to return it. They refused to give me a return address or there registered company number.

I contacted my bank and asked for a charge back under the sale of goods act and I got a full refund, so I would suggest trying this as you won't get anywhere with Lynda Taylor (customer services)

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

emilyp16
12/8/14

Over £100 of hard earned money wasted on these people. The dress was late to begin with. The customer service lady Linda refused to allow me to speak with a manager. The dress was a joke, cheap, nasty, didn't fit, awful, just awful. I was devastated. I took photo evidence and quotes from the site to justify my request for a refund or part refund but had nothing but a rude email conversation with Linda over several weeks. It's one of the most frustrating customer service experiences I've ever had. Don't do it trust me, it will not be worth it.

dreyar
12/1/14

AWFUL!! Cheap made dress that resembled curtains from a cheap curtain shop not the soft silk they described! Fast to take my money but no reply from emails after i asked for a refund! £150 later and i dnt no what to do! Can anybody advise?
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM DRESSES ARE NOT SAME AS PICTURE

dorothym17
11/20/14

I agree! It was a HUGE mistake to order from Linda Taylor.. The dresses were LATE, HORRIBLY MADE and CHEAP. I have written to them for a refund but there has been no response after several emails. They just don't care!! What a waste of money. My advice - GO TO ANOTHER SITE!!!

I doubt it as even trying to get a response is impossible, I have chalked this up to experience and will now only use websites in the UK where I live.,

By Julie L.

There is no way to know. The only response you will get is thru email and it appears to be it is a standardized response. Keep looking elsewhere. They are cheap made dresses. Nothing like what they appear to be. If you have problem with it you are stuck with the dress. They will tell you, YOU can take it and have it fixed... Save yourself the stress and headache...THEY SHOULD SHUT THIS TYPE BUSINESS DOWN!!!!!!!!

By STACEY N.
Questions? Get answers from the TaylorGowns staff and other customers.

3 Photos for TaylorGowns