Review of StumbleUpon

San Francisco, CA 94107, US
Tel: +1-415-979-0640

yoshiyao
11/16/18

As soon as it became mix (originally stumbleupon) it started to crumble for me. Number one; I now get recommended posts that are extremely strange: "Illuminati", "New World order," and other political stuff I don't care about. Then when I do what I usually do; post my blog posts on the site - and have been doing for months and months - I get deleted for no notified reason. This is an outrage - avoid mix or stumbleupon.

- Obara Yoshiya

ralfb3
10/23/18

Especially handy if you need to write your research proposal. If you decide to use this site, make sure you have great virus protection. I would recommend just heading over to one of your favorite search engines like Google, Yahoo, or even Bing to find stuff you like.

anuragn1
8/13/18

Too bad the old stumbleupon is gone. I miss it. The new one sucks. The thrill is gone. The best part of stumbleupon was randomness. The idea of clicking the logo and getting a new page displayed every time it was clicked was unique. Mix sucks totally it is has conformed to the other social media sites which I hated the most. The key differentiator is gone for stumbleupon. Too bad.

terik10
5/11/18

Actually, I didn't really stumble upon Stumbleupon. It was recommended by a good friend who, like me, is an avid lifelong student who loves learning new things.

Stumbleupon has become my all-time favorite website because it is not only informational in all the different things I learn there, but it is also entertaining and inspiring.

Curated pages submitted by the site's members aptly called "Stumblers", SU has something for absolutely EVERYONE! There are many categories to 'subscribe' to, from Art to Home Business to Hobbies to just about anything a person can think of.

When you log on you can just let the site choose various topics for you or you can specifically choose a category you're interested at that moment. When viewing a page, you can give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down, helping SU learn your personal likes and dislikes. You can also make lists and share the pages with others with email or various social media sites. View a page and when you're ready to move on to another just click the "stumble' button.

Stumbleupon is a hard act to follow in MY book, and I have yet to come across any other website that I've liked quite as much.

yourm14
10/21/16

I couldnt imagine better site to have fun or spend your time not just watching memes, but to explore something good and interesting.
that's great that you dont have to spend hours in looking for appropriate site for yourself and can just randomly get interesting info on topics that you like.
You just press a button and get tons of different info. But these not just trash from thw whole but what you really want to see.
use it if you havent used before.

nunayab
4/21/16

Simply put, Stumbleupon has no sense of context. My selected interest of "comedy" was so broad I was getting everything from lame puns to dead baby jokes. What finally made me delete it was when I stumbled something called 'dark humor' that was mostly people making violent rape jokes and using the N word more times in a few pages than I'd seen in my whole life put together. A few minutes after that my interest in "video games" directed me to an article by a frothing-at-the-mouth neckbeard literally entitled "$#*! Diversity". Unless this is the sort of content you're interested in I'd give Stumbleupon a miss.

bunykuc
4/2/16

Best website when you are bored!

catalinp1
4/2/16

best website when you are bored!

jesser2
3/3/16

I've gotten thousands of hits promoting my own content on Statcounter. if you write interesting and engaging content you can submit it to Statcounter and get lots of hits. It works WAY better than crap like Reddit for shameless self promotion because the people that use Stumbleupon actually enjoy interesting content!

Only 4 stars though because the UI could use some work.

jasong69
1/10/16

Ive used Stumbleupon for years now, and I still love the site. You enter your interests and it will stumble upon sites that they think you will like. Its a great cure for boredom at the least

michaeld158
12/7/15

SU was once easy to use. It also proved to be informative, intelligent and truly one of the most interesting web site accessible to everyone.

When one logged in you were taken to the "Homepage", This place was the beginning of many wonderful discoveries.

No longer. SU has eliminated the homepage and provide instead a random site followed by another. Instead of selecting something that has a specific interest for you, you simply get what they give you. Maybe you have a general interest in the subject of the website but you have to read enough to know whether it is worthy. If not, you select forward or backward to view another random site.

No doubt this was done In an effort to increase revenue. Undestandable.....to a degree

Users concerns have been ignored and continue to be.

Starting a pool on SU's demise.

Want in?

To

Tolerate

SU

Content

Lots of spam. Please get out of my life SU. Thanks.

michaelc221
10/31/15

Great app but it will leave you fustrated when it crashed in the middle of reading something really interesting.

tommyl20
8/30/15

I recently joined stumbleupon.com and within 3 days they had banned my account. No email, no notification why what so ever. So I reached out to them via email. Almost a week and half later they responded. He claimed my account was locked and wouldn't be unlocked and their reasoning was I was using my personal account to promote a business and this violated their ToS. Now this is a lie. I do run my own tech blog, technelogos.com/blog. What I did do was followed my blog on stumbleupon.com, with other stuff as well. My blog is not a business in any way, shape or form. I tried for 3 weeks to get back in touch with them. No response what so ever. Meanwhile they still had my information on their servers. So I wrote multiple emails trying to get my account unlocked and never got one response back. Finally I tweeted to them asking for them to get my account deleted. It still hasn't happened. This company has forgotten that customers are what pays your bills and your salary. Companies that forget that soon are out of business. Stay away from stumbleupon.com, their a joke.

frishe
3/25/15

very good website

hazelk9
3/24/15

If you want to fill your head with interesting information, see beautiful pictures, review fun facts and dream about far-off places, this is the website for you.
Especially handy if you need to write your research proposal, and would rather spend time daydreaming and surfing the net, than actually studying, but your conscience doesn't let you do anything really "anti studying" like go out or watch a movie.
also a great site for SEO, to promote your blog posts

lucasc18
3/5/15

I was trying to sign up and it took over a minute to query email and username availability. Then, I picked my interests and hit next, so the page timed out (funny funky page to display errors) and then send me back to pick interests once again. Workflows are very poor. Using New Relic but not taking advantage of the tool. Very Slow!!!!

heatherl19
10/18/14

Good idea, fun site, but so slow?

janec41
7/24/14

I was looking for an interesting website that would give me a lot of information that I could browse through and enjoy. I liked it at first and it was very interesting but you have to download the toolbar and it really screwed up my Toshiba Laptop.

kevinb99
7/21/14

This site is a scam. I recently received a phone number for my new business -- a brewpub. Googling that number sent me to Stumbleupon's site (they are very good at SEO). From there the first 7 out of 8 listings were for a locksmith nearby with a totally different number.

When I called that business, they claimed to have no idea how this happened. For giggles, I entered another phone number with the same prefix, reversing the first and last numbers of the remainder. Exactly the same result.

These clowns apparently squat on unused phone #s and thereby mislead people to websites they are not interested in. Very shady.

lilliyak
3/21/14

I don't like to spend my time stumbling over and over again. But this is, what StumbleUpon wants to approve you as a "good Stumbler". You need to spent hours to support their site and then you can also place your links to your website and got feedback. But people, who visit your site will not 100% convert into clients. If you have extra time, then you can use it. But if you value your time, then maybe StumbleUpon is not the right choice for you. I personally know, what i want to find and can search in Google or in YouTube for info. In StumbleUpon however you can find something really unique. It depends..

theawesomey
2/24/14

I used this site a few years ago. It was fun for a short time, but then I started to get viruses in my computer. I have no idea if it was related to this site, but the fact that stumbleupon is basically a site where you web hop from random site to random site...there is no way to know if every site you go to via stumleupon is safe!
If you decide to use this site, make sure you have great virus protection.

davidr80
1/28/14

Stumbleupon.com and I have a love/hate relationship. It is great in that it acts as a way to surf the web in an area of interest to you. You pick what kind of sites you would like to see and click the stumble button and up comes a site that has something to do with what you typed in. Now here also lies the problem with stumbleupon. When you move on to the next site, you could end up looking at a website that you arent even able to justify how you got you in a seemingly completely different category. Also, you may land on a site that is relevent in category but is essentially just a spam site within it. Overall, I would recommend just heading over to one of your favorite search engines like Google, Yahoo, or even Bing to find stuff you like.

bogdans
10/12/13

I think this is the new trend in social networking

lillyk2
8/1/13

Before, I could not understand how this site can be useful for business. But nevertheless continued to use it for themselves and to post information on its website.

Then I was surprised when watching google.analytics.com that 50% of the traffic is from Stumbleupon.com!!!

I highly recommend this site for everyone!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the StumbleUpon staff and other customers.

StumbleUpon?