Review of ServerSupply

Tel: 516-334-7700
paul.bishop@serversupply.com

aliciaw86
3/20/19

DO NOT order from Serversupply if you need an item urgently! Placed an order through their webstore; emailed them to confirm item was in stock. Received a response from their representative confirming that the item was indeed in stock and would for certain be shipping the same day. Next day I received an email saying it is out of stock and there is no ETA for when they will have more available. Checked their website and the item was removed from their website - seems they just realized they no longer have it available and cannot source it. I called them and asked if they had a similar replacement, but the person I spoke admitted that he had no familiarity with the item or any possible substitutes that they might have available. Why waste valuable time and tell customers that an item is in stock when it isn't? At the very least, tell customers when parts aren't in stock, so they can order elsewhere if an item is urgently needed.

aush1
12/19/16

I ordered two CPUs from the company but revived an empty box. But was not even taped shut!

They would not nothing about it. Even opened a bbb case and they did nothing about.

robertr87
8/16/14

"WARNING!!! Read this before you loose money:

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY AT SERVERSUPPLY.COM

gematriap
7/17/14

I had a terrible experience with the customer service staff at this establishment. I had a server crash and ordered a $100 RAID controller and was charged almost $70.00 for priority overnight shipping. Well, the shipment didn't arrive the next day and was delayed due to "bad weather". I called to see if I could get a slight refund on the shipping since I was not getting it "next day" and I was going to be out of business for another day. I first spoke with Rahima who could not care less about my situation and became extremely rude and argumentative. I asked to speak to her manager and was put in touch with Michelle. While I was speaking to Michelle I could hear Rahima in the background talking badly about me. I asked Michelle if that was Rahima talking in the background and she said no, an obvious lie as Rahima's voice and accent are very distinct. When Michelle clearly did not want to and would not offer any help, I asked to speak to her manager. I was put on the phone with a 24 year old "kid" named Chaz. Chaz must have thought my situation was funny because he kept giggling every time he said something. He was less than useless and completely unhelpful and could not have cared less. While I was on the phone with Chaz, I decided to look up the published FedEx rate for the shipping. The published rate for my exact shipment was almost 16% lower than what I was charged. When I confronted Chaz about this his response was, "Well that is the rate we charge for shipping." I told him he is gouging his customers on shipping and his response was, "Well, I don't feel that way." When Chaz was completely unwilling to offer anything, even the few dollars difference between overnight shipping and 2nd day shipping I asked to speak to his manager. He told me he is the last manager to speak to. I asked about upper management and he told me two names, I didn't catch the first name but the second name is Harun Ahmed. He said Haurn is the owner and said they were both out of the country and wouldn't be back for 5 weeks. He said he was the one running the entire business. I repeatedly asked for other management to speak to and he kept declining. I finally asked for the owner's contact details and when he would be back in the country. I was given serversupply.com's general number and told they have no extensions and there was no way to get a hold of the owner directly. He also gave me a return to the country date of only 3 weeks out when he'd just said he was going to be gone for 5 weeks. At long last Chaz offered to throw me a bone on my next order. I asked him for details as to what he could offer (free shipping, 10% off, $10.00 off, etc.) any information, and he refused to give me any details at all. He told me it would depend on what my order was and that I should just call in and ask for him. Are you kidding me with this? The whole situation was incredibly frustrating and I have never dealt with an entire group of "customer service" people who have been more unprofessional, uncaring, and rude than the staff at serversupply.com. I would urge anyone and everyone to take your business elsewhere.

Update:
This is my follow up review. I came into work today expecting to be receiving the controller I purchased and decided to track it. The FedEx site said it had been rerouted. I called FedEx and asked them what was going on and they said that Server Supply had called that morning to have the package sent back to them. I called and spoke to Chaz and asked him why he had the package sent back and his response was, "I think you know why." I said no I don't know why and he responded with, "You put out negative reviews about us." I'm not sure what kind of business model this is but they lack any ethics at all and I urge everyone out there to STAY AWAY from this company.

randallv3
2/6/14

After ordering a rather hard to find motherboard, it was then I started reading reviews about Server Supply. To be honest, I became VERY worried about my purchase because of the reviews. However, I have to say that they did a great job. I had a question about if I had ordered the right part, and very quickly got 2 emails back from 2 different associates confirming I had ordered the right part. Order shipped the next day (I had ordered too late in the day for same day). Then got an email with tracking number and part arrived fast, packed extremely well and motherboard was in perfect condition. I am very pleased with these people. They did a great job.

philf3
8/31/13

Stay away from them. I ordered 8 IBM Fiber Hard Drives Dual Channel from them waited a few weeks to install due to scheduling downtime and when I installed them they were all single channel drives. I went back to my AMEX and BBB with no positive results after Server Supply would not answer back. Server Supply would not return even though the part number on the box did not match the part number on the hard drive. Run away from any good deal you think you are getting here.

atiqurr
2/20/13

I was looking for a hard drive for my old laptop, but i couldn't find any where finally found server supply, cheap price, good service. Thank you.

kevinj19
1/4/13

I was looking for a discontinued Intel Server Board SE7210TP1, and found it only with one merchant Serversupply.com. The price was the lowest so far. And I placed my order. I got an order confirmation mail immediately. Not only hat I got the shipping information telling that I would get my item the day after following. I was surprised to get the so quickly. Not only that I found my item in a new retail factory sealed condition. I was really in a maze "how could they manage such a product in its factory sealed conditioned!" Thank you Serversupply. I will surely look for you whenever in need of computer hardware.

chrisy4
1/2/13

FAST service, packaged well, will buy from them again.

rons26
1/1/13

Look likes a very excellent service. great pricing! Fast shipping!

Speedy delivery! I will order next time and satisfy about this company's commitment. Vast product line! The prices are great and lowest than others. I am pleased to buy from serversupply.

johnd157
1/1/13

Great company gerat service and best place to get hard to find product.

ilyaamexi
10/24/12

Ordered 4 items, received 2. Charged for express shipping to reship the missing items. Bad practice, bad business, unreliable.

Response from Paul B., ServerSupply Representative
order number ??
debbic
8/28/12

"Definitely not a company I'll do business with again. I'll spend more elsewhere rather than risk not getting my money back for a defective/damaged product because it was a little late being returned. Kind of difficult to trust a company that sees no problem with these kinds of business practices. A company that cares more about the bottom line than customer satisfaction. I am sure that their motto is - There's a sucker born every minute... They will probably lose more because of my lack of repeat business than the $55 the motherboard cost. Which by the way, I paid more for a new one rather than used because I wanted the software, cables, manual, etc. but all that was included was 1 blank cd, 1 sata cable and 1 I/O shield. Out of the numerous on-line transactions I have completed, this order was without a doubt the worst experience I have had... EVER!

Response from Paul B., ServerSupply Representative
order number?
tonic5
5/4/12

5/4/2012

Bad experience with Server Supply, Inc.

I ordered a used replacement HDD for a Dell D520 computer. After re-formatting the drive and loading my operating system, I ran the drive for about a week when it started throwing continuous errors, BSOD and so on. After running several disk checks, I realized that this was a failing HDD with many bad sectors and clusters. Much worse than my original HDD that this one was purchased to replace.

I emailed Server Supply with an explanation of the problems and a picture of the screen showing the errors asking for a replacement, but never received a response.

I chalked this up to a bad experience and will never use server supply again but I also want to make sure anyone else who considers using them can at least consider my experience before doing so.

Thank you for reading.

Response from Paul B., ServerSupply Representative
order number?
markm13
11/16/10

Bought two Fujitsu U320 147GB 10K hard drives as spares for a SCSI disc array. I got around to using them about 80 days after purchasing them, and discovered they were defective. Serversupply.com refused to exchange them, citing their 30 day return policy. I suggested they take them both back and just send me 1 replacement drive, and they refused that as well. I know that technically they are within their rights to refuse my request since it was outside of 30 days, but it still feels like they are selling shoddy merchandise and refusing to stand behind it. A good merchant would have done something for me.

erics8
8/30/10

I ordered a Seagate Barracuda ES.2 drive for our server--found ServerSupply.com from a link on PriceWatch.com.

The drive just arrived today, and it's a reconditioned drive, which was never stated on PriceWatch or their site. I called them to complain, and they said if you click the "Item Details" link, you can see at the bottom that it says "CONDITION : SYSTEM PULL CLEAN TESTED"

Problem is, they show a photo of a NEW hard drive, and never mention that it's used unless you happen to click the tiny item details link on this page: https://www.serversupply.com/products/part_search/search_parts.asp?q=ST31000340NS

I do this kind of stuff for a living, so I'm no dummy when it comes to shopping and ordering online. They're obviously trying to hide the fact that they're selling used drives, and I told them so. They would only refund my money if I paid to ship the drive back to them. What a pile of poop!

athm
7/17/10

Avoid ServerSupply they have no integrity or honor as a company or individually.

I purchased 5 HDD's from them that were advertised as new. They arrived in opened packages and none would boot after loading OS. I contacted them with-in the 30 warranty period and was sent this email from Habib Rahima:

"From: rahima@serversupply.com

Hi
we are sorry for that but can you let me know if the problem having because of firmware or what kind of error you getting?so we can issue the RMA for you

I sent the information to him and then got this email:

"Hi
we are sorry its out of warranty.Please note that ServerSupply give 30days warranty.so we can't issue the RMA on this right now

Do not buy from them, you will get ripped off and probably have your ID and credit card information stolen.

jeffk
11/12/08

So it shipped where? - I have made several email attempts to discover where the merchandise I ordered was shipped. I have made more than one attempt to use the phone and was treated like a genuine bother, they simply didn't have the time to assist. Of the emails I have sent, I have received 1 reply from the "ADMIN" contact at the site. Their reply was:

"What's this all about?"

I sent copies of my previous email inquiries and have heard nothing in reply. Unless you live on Long Island and plan to drive there to pick up your merchandise, by all means avoid doing business with these people.

Response from Paul B., ServerSupply Representative
order number??

ServerSupply “"WARNING!!!” "WARNING!!! Read this before you loose money: I purchased a NEW server with original HP warranty. The server arrived DEAD! I was told that the warranty had expired and they can't do anything about it. The server was a two year old piece of junk put together from non-matching part numbers, totally scratched and dusty. DO NOT GET SCREWED! I am out $3.418!!! I filed consumer protection claims and I will sue them. What a headache!"

By Robert R.
Questions? Get answers from the ServerSupply staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ServerSupply