Review of Seamless

New York, NY 10018

28 reviews with 1 star

krisr69
3/2/19

Terrible customer service caused by a 40 minute wait to get through to someone at seemless. They weren't willing to do anything more then offer a $10 credit towards another order to make up for there costing me $30.00. The restaurant actually said they had never used seemless but if it was a food delivery app then they would deliver my order - it never happened.

catherinec203

United States
Review
Reads
Useful

I ordered chicken fried steak from Luby's cafeteria. I live in the South. In the South, chicken fried steak comes with cream gravy. My last order from luby's came with the container of cream gravy. This order was dry meat, dry potatoes and no gravy. I ran out and caught the driver who just looked at me like I was crazy and said call the service. I called the service and the rep was supposed to get back with me. The phone rang twice and then it was gone. So I called Seamless again. This time this rep put me on hold. When he came back on the line, he said the restaurant didn't answer. I said I'm hungry, I'm tired, and you need to make this right. You need to give me a discount. He said he couldn't do this. By this time my food was cold and it had been over an hour. So I uttrred a few choice cuss words and hung up. I will never use this app again.

valerieg100
12/3/18

Ordered on Friday afternoon for late lunch at work in NYC, got a text the next day Saturday (upstate NY) @ 9am saying I am making it difficult to deliver the order since I am not answering the phone. 17 hours late and they blame me. I live upstate and work in NYC 2 hours away. Just order directly from the restaurant and stop this unseamless BS!

laurab574
9/19/18

I live in Atlanta and I have NEVER had this work the way it is supposed. I have had 3 orders cancelled on me and then one order that is taking TWO HOURS to get to me. Absolute worst, never again!

courtneyh104
8/31/18

I SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS! WAITED PAST DELIVERY ETA 30 MINUTES AND CALLED RESTAURANT, THEY SAID THE DELIVERY DRIVER WASN'T EVEN THERE. DID THE LIVE CHAT, FIRST HE LIED LIKE THE DRIVER WAS ALMOST THERE SO I WAITED. CALLED BACK, STILL NO DRIVER. CALLED OUT THE CHAT AGENT ON IS BULLSH*T AND HE CANCELLED MY ORDER! NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS SCAMMING COMPANY. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE "PEOPLE"!

blakec39
7/26/18

THEY MAKE IT VERY CONFUSING, I ORDERED SOMETHING THINKING IT WOULD BE DELIVERED, WAITED OVER AN HOUR THEN ASKED THEM WHAT WAS GOING ON AND THEY SAID THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO PICK IT UP..

janetk126
7/10/18

I used this company today and never again. I ordered at 5:42 with a delivery time of 6:20 - 6:30. It took over an hour and I didn't get my hot sour soup. The restaurant indicated that Seamless was responsible for both. They talked to the driver and said she would come back with my soup, a large one this time. She might, but it is 7:28 and she has not come back. On top of that, this company has you include the tip when you order so I gave this driver over $5 (20%) for a tip even though she doesn't deserve anything. Horrible experience. This is a free service so I guess I got what I paid for. Lesson learned

seldab
7/10/18

I would have given 0 Stars but that was not an option. Seamless has the WORST customer service! Well, they do not really have a customer service. I waited for a salad for over 3 hours and in the end it was not delivered to me. I called the customer service who told me they tried to deliver 3 hours after I waited and they could not find anyone to give the package too-note this is an office so I am perplexed by it as we are open during business hours. Then as an apology they send me a $20refund but they DO NOT pay me the money back for the salad I never received. I reached out to another customer service yet again and it was like Ground Hog Day-I had to live text with her for 15 minutes only for her to understand what happened. Still no money back. I even reached out to corporate customer service email-they said they will forward me to the right person and they never did. Never emailed back or never called back but they did charge me. I finally called American Express and they responded in less than a minute. I am SHOCKED how horrific they are and they simply do not care at all!!!!

ingrisd
7/6/18

so ok, I believe in giving everyone a fair chance or two as I work with the public myself. F**k seamless and their drivers. I already have 3 charges waiting to be refunded back to my account in one week. First time I waited 2.20 hours (and no I am not exaggerating)and after 3 phone calls and bull$#*! excuses they claim their driver had an emergency and was not able to get anyone else to deliver, ordered cancelled. Second time, after one hour order was cancelled for unknown reasons, third time( omfg Im so damn pissed off right now) an hour later driver put that my food was delivered, not once I received a call or message with attempted delivery. How about you jackasses of a company screen your idiot thieves of drivers and only charge the account once my food is actually delivered. I will make sure your reputation is ruined, I will not rest until it is ruined. Clearly everyone here seams to be having a problem with you scammers!!!

kirans21
7/1/18

I placed an order at 11.26. I called yhe restaurant at 12.05 they told me that the order was ready for pick up from seamless. Seamless delivered my order at 1.00. They had originally given me an ETA of 12.20pm.
You would think that they could be responsible and be accountable for they inefficiency and just apologize, but they blatantly lied saying it was the restaurant.

Also they force you to pay 15%. I wanted to pay 10% in the custom area they provided but they have changed my amount. So on top of thieving from you you pay for horrible service.

ludolfl
6/22/18

I placed an order with the simplest instructions for getting to my home, the driver became confused anyway and ended up miles from the intended destination, and because my phone was dead they couldn't contact me.
When I called customer service I could barely understand them, what I heard was that because they couldn't contact me it was my fault and they wouldn't refund me the $60 dollars I spent.
So thanks for that $#*!s.

arwent
5/25/18

Placed an order with specific instructions, asking them to add a couple of things. There was nowhere on their site, a way or place where I could make the order adjustment. The only place I could do this was the special instructions. Of course they were completely ignored and when I contacted them they pushed it on to the restaurant and refused accountability. Told me that special instructions were only for things like adding ketchup, not adding avocado to my tacos....??? I wanted to write a scathing review but it seems the whole world beat me to it!

carolynm94
4/13/18

I placed a Seamless food delivery order today online, When I checked out, I noticed that the tip I had entered had been CHANGED & RAISED by seamless. Did they not think that people would catch on to this devious practice? I only tip on food charges, NOT delivery and tax changes. What a SCAM. I closed my seamless account today. DONE!

milicap
4/1/18

i waited for over two hours. after i have contacted their 'specialists" (that what they call themselves as they keep you on hold),
they informed that the restaurant misplaced my order (even though they had sent me a text message and an email that my food was being prepared). i rejected the offer to wait another hour for the food to be prepared and canceled the order, asking for a full refund, which they emailed me would be processed within 3-5 business days.
Absolutely unacceptable. I am filing a claim against them.

jennyv21
3/30/18

Got charges from them in my credit card even when I don't live in the US and have never given them with my credit card information. They won't let people outside the US to access their website or interact with them, even if they charge their credit cards which I wonder how they get in the first place. Fraudsters!

porscheb
3/24/18

They used to be okay. Their service has deteriorated and continues to. This is an understatement. I had to write a review to co-sign the other negative / one star reviews. I have experienced many of the same things as the other reviewers. They dont value the customer / users.

sg115
11/22/17

Food did not arrive and it has been over 2 hours since placing the order. NEVER USING THEM EVER AGAIN

eduardoc28
10/20/17

Seamless offered a 50% off coupon through an email if I downloaded the app and made an order, which I did but the coupon never arrived. I emailed them and got no response. I chatted with their customer "support" and got no help, then I called them and got no help either... They asked me to send another email.... It looks like a scam to get people to download the app. Looking forward to get this solved but they are not giving me the time I wasted on this back.

andiep
8/15/17

I have ordered from here many times always hoping to have a better experience the next time. I can't tell you how many times I have gone hungry waiting for these people.

jessical192
7/3/17

The driver did not deliver my order, despite being in our parking lot. I missed the phone call alerting me to his being on his way but instead of, after already having paid for the order and waiting in the office for the delivery, he did not even try to come in to the building or up to the suite to deliver the order. THAT IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO DELIVER. So, he left with my food and they refuse to refund my money or re-deliver the original order. Sounds like a load of crap! Especially when it has already been paid for. If i buy office supplies and I am not in the office, the delivery guy still comes in and delivers. He does not call me from downstairs and because i'm not in just doesn't deliver the package. DO NOT USE SEAMLESS OR GRUBHUB! They are the exact same company, same problem, same lazy idiots working for them.

michellew180
4/19/17

I've tried twice & I'm done. The first time part of my order was missing & zero utensils included (I was at a hotel & needed them). The second time, I applied discount code from first time & checked out for $37. I saw on an email later that I was charged an upcharge of $2 for my request of spicy mayo (I didn't authorize this charge after my card was initially processed!). My total was then $46 & some change. I called customer service to dispute the upcharge & the new total. After being on hold for 18 mins I was told I must have missed where I agreed to any changes if I typed under special instructions. And the discount code hasn't applied, but it should fall off in 24 hours. Yeah, let's hope that's the case!! I'm done with this terrible company!!

kc161
3/29/17

I have used Seamless occasionally over the last year with little complaint (i.e.: delivery person didn't follow instructions to access premises) but in recent months, this service has gone way down. The estimated delivery times are laughable, expect to add another 30-45 minutes to the wait.

This time around, there was a dispatch problem with the delivery person, which was only found out after I called Seamless when the online tracker pushed the delivery time back by 30 minutes. The representative said a new delivery person was dispatched and my order would arrive soon after. WRONG -- 10 minutes later, I get a text that the order was cancelled.

Seamless could not explain the error, only send a $5 coupon on my next order. My next order??? You can barely get an appetizer with $5! Goes to show how much Seamless values its customers. They can consider themselves fired.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

robertl263
3/23/17

Corporate website is the single most awful piece of garbage. It is plagued with random bugs that prevent your order from going through.Not only this, but if your order is cancelled for whatever reason, seamless will hold you money hostage so you cannot order again until you manage to call through to them only after being transferred by their support 3-4 times.

mikeo58
2/12/17

December 7th someone hacked my account and changed my login info and email address to itsforyagirl at gmail and placed 4 deliveries. I saw the email saying my login was changed so I called the number on the email to report the fraud and have the account cancelled. They said they will send it to the fraud department to cancel it. I called my cc company and they reversed the charges by the end of December and cancelled the card. A month and a half later the cc company put the charges back on...I called Seamless to see if they knew why which they were of no help, but they did tell me the account is still active, they did not cancel it!!! My name and address is still on this stolen account and yagirl still has access to it but I do not. I asked for the addresses the food was delivered to in December...one was in Massachusetts and the others were in NY...I live in the Chicago suburbs!!! Seamless/Grub Hub couldnt care less about your personal information or fraud, the guy at Seamless told me with all the money they earn, its not worth investigating the fraud!!! OK, that is fine, but why is my stolen account still active???

dinal5
2/4/17

$70 and no food, we counted on your service for a nice saterday fun dinner .........
called SEAMLESS SAID WOULD CALL ME BACK, RESTAURANT DID NOT GET ORDER UNTIL IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE ????
STILL do not have food and your representative never called me back.
1 hr late and no sign of delivery

40 minute wait. Longer then the time the food was supposed to take, so not good.

By Kris R.
Questions? Get answers from the Seamless staff and other customers.

Seamless?