Review of Seamless

New York, NY 10018

38 reviews with 1 star

kelseye8
5/8/19

My friend from out of town ordered me a pizza for my birthday. Driver supposedly called, and emailed (no missed calls or emails)... when I called the customer service desk, they said "oh sorry driver waited 20 minutes and didn't hear anything he left"..I asked for driver to come back. Customer service rep said unfortunately he cannot do that, we can give you 50% discount on next order. I said that isn't going to cut it, you need to refund my friend in the full amount... After much debate my friend finally got reimbursed, but the customer service agent could not tell me where the missing pizza went.. Did we just buy a pizza for a rando delivery driver? Who knows! And so goes on the mystery of the missing pizza. Either way don't use this service they are terrible, and we will NEVER use them again.

sadiec7
5/5/19

Worked 12 hours - site says30-40 minutes delivery- okay every 20 minutes into the order it gets f=delayed 1/2 hour .. another 20 minutes get s delayed again. Call Customer Service on hold for 22 minutes .. still UGH! Just be truthful.. we would understand and - or do something else...

lz11
5/4/19

Placed my first order and did not receive any food. I called them up and they tried to get a hold of the restaurant to see what was going on (note that they did not contact their driver as most food delivery companies would do). They couldn't get more details and apologized for the delay. I said I wanted my money back so they cancelled my order and refunded my money. When I told them that I'm extremely disappointed with their service and would not make any future orders, they asked a supervisor but was told there was nothing more they could do. Do not trust them to deliver you food as I'm still hungry and nothing showed up.

mikec824
4/25/19

Placed an order through seemless, food was never delivered. I reported this and they said they would look into it and get back to me. They called me later to inform me that the restaurant did indeed deliver the food (their words). My response was I don't know who they gave the food to but it wasn't me.

Their demeanor was that I was lying about not receiving the food but that they would give me a courtesy refund. A courtesy?? You didn't fulfill the service I paid for, how is that a courtesy? When I asked this question the lady hung up on me. Rude and will never use again.

suep167
4/23/19

Saw a promo of $12 off my first order. I signed up, received a mail with a code, saying that it would automatically be applied to my order. I placed a pickup order, went to check out and it said that it could only be applied to pick up orders, please change type. It was a pickup order, so I proceeded, and the code was not applied. I contacted them and went to pick up my order. I received a mail back saying that they had no record of me and asking me to send a screenshot. I did, and I keep getting mails that my case was updated, but there is no way for me to check and their online help dies not work. I'm done.

tamaray5
4/22/19

After using Seamless for the last decade, I was shocked at my experience this weekend. Having placed an order, my delivery window was 11:20am - 11:50am. I sat around with my phone until at 12:20pm I receive a text from Seamless saying to call them.

Over the phone the rep sounded drunk and immediately dived into telling me that I will be receiving a $25 Seamless credit on a $52 order! Why? "The driver could not reach you."

I have sent Seamless my phone logs, voicemail logs, and text logs showing that I was not contacted. They have yet to resolve my issue and are being completely non-transparent about what happened. Horrible, will not use again.

kristeng49
4/18/19

I have been a customer of Seamless for 10 years. My most recent order the driver did not come into the building to deliver, nor did he give the delivery to the front desk, he sat in his car. Then he decided instead of delivering the food to just give it to the valets and tell them that the order was canceled and they could eat the dinner. Mind you I am very pregnant and have a 15 month old daughter so not eating is not an option. When I called seamless to advise why the delivery showed as delivered they said that the driver was there and that he attempted delivery(which he did not). They the informed me that they would not refund my order and there would not be any refund for my order. The woman told me I could order again and they would discount 50% off. I told her this was unacceptable and she refused to refund. After all of the support and money I have given Seamless over the years I would have expected better customer service...

maxp86
4/16/19

Placed a $30 order. It was cancelled. They still charged me and I have to wait 3-5 days for a refund. Was told by Seamless to place order again and pay another $30. $60 for some bagels! No way! Seamless should be able to fulfill order first and then charge. What a ripoff. Will never use them again.

deeb139
3/29/19

Over a $10 expired gift card they lost $10,000 per year in my business. Always later, bad food, fake reviews.

annh312
3/29/19

I ordered dinner from a fast food restaurant at 7pm. It was delivered at 9pm. It was hot, so the problem wasn't with delivery. But almost 2 hours to fill an order?!

When I complained to customer service I actually had to ask for an apology. And after being put on hold was told they'd give me a $10 credit. But only good for 30 days.

Ridiculous.

krisr69
3/2/19

Terrible customer service caused by a 40 minute wait to get through to someone at seemless. They weren't willing to do anything more then offer a $10 credit towards another order to make up for there costing me $30.00. The restaurant actually said they had never used seemless but if it was a food delivery app then they would deliver my order - it never happened.

catherinec203

United States
Review
Reads
Useful

I ordered chicken fried steak from Luby's cafeteria. I live in the South. In the South, chicken fried steak comes with cream gravy. My last order from luby's came with the container of cream gravy. This order was dry meat, dry potatoes and no gravy. I ran out and caught the driver who just looked at me like I was crazy and said call the service. I called the service and the rep was supposed to get back with me. The phone rang twice and then it was gone. So I called Seamless again. This time this rep put me on hold. When he came back on the line, he said the restaurant didn't answer. I said I'm hungry, I'm tired, and you need to make this right. You need to give me a discount. He said he couldn't do this. By this time my food was cold and it had been over an hour. So I uttrred a few choice cuss words and hung up. I will never use this app again.

valerieg100
12/3/18

Ordered on Friday afternoon for late lunch at work in NYC, got a text the next day Saturday (upstate NY) @ 9am saying I am making it difficult to deliver the order since I am not answering the phone. 17 hours late and they blame me. I live upstate and work in NYC 2 hours away. Just order directly from the restaurant and stop this unseamless BS!

laurab574
9/19/18

I live in Atlanta and I have NEVER had this work the way it is supposed. I have had 3 orders cancelled on me and then one order that is taking TWO HOURS to get to me. Absolute worst, never again!

courtneyh104
8/31/18

I SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS! WAITED PAST DELIVERY ETA 30 MINUTES AND CALLED RESTAURANT, THEY SAID THE DELIVERY DRIVER WASN'T EVEN THERE. DID THE LIVE CHAT, FIRST HE LIED LIKE THE DRIVER WAS ALMOST THERE SO I WAITED. CALLED BACK, STILL NO DRIVER. CALLED OUT THE CHAT AGENT ON IS BULLSH*T AND HE CANCELLED MY ORDER! NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS SCAMMING COMPANY. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE "PEOPLE"!

blakec39
7/26/18

THEY MAKE IT VERY CONFUSING, I ORDERED SOMETHING THINKING IT WOULD BE DELIVERED, WAITED OVER AN HOUR THEN ASKED THEM WHAT WAS GOING ON AND THEY SAID THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO PICK IT UP..

janetk126
7/10/18

I used this company today and never again. I ordered at 5:42 with a delivery time of 6:20 - 6:30. It took over an hour and I didn't get my hot sour soup. The restaurant indicated that Seamless was responsible for both. They talked to the driver and said she would come back with my soup, a large one this time. She might, but it is 7:28 and she has not come back. On top of that, this company has you include the tip when you order so I gave this driver over $5 (20%) for a tip even though she doesn't deserve anything. Horrible experience. This is a free service so I guess I got what I paid for. Lesson learned

seldab
7/10/18

I would have given 0 Stars but that was not an option. Seamless has the WORST customer service! Well, they do not really have a customer service. I waited for a salad for over 3 hours and in the end it was not delivered to me. I called the customer service who told me they tried to deliver 3 hours after I waited and they could not find anyone to give the package too-note this is an office so I am perplexed by it as we are open during business hours. Then as an apology they send me a $20refund but they DO NOT pay me the money back for the salad I never received. I reached out to another customer service yet again and it was like Ground Hog Day-I had to live text with her for 15 minutes only for her to understand what happened. Still no money back. I even reached out to corporate customer service email-they said they will forward me to the right person and they never did. Never emailed back or never called back but they did charge me. I finally called American Express and they responded in less than a minute. I am SHOCKED how horrific they are and they simply do not care at all!!!!

ingrisd
7/6/18

so ok, I believe in giving everyone a fair chance or two as I work with the public myself. F**k seamless and their drivers. I already have 3 charges waiting to be refunded back to my account in one week. First time I waited 2.20 hours (and no I am not exaggerating)and after 3 phone calls and bull$#*! excuses they claim their driver had an emergency and was not able to get anyone else to deliver, ordered cancelled. Second time, after one hour order was cancelled for unknown reasons, third time( omfg Im so damn pissed off right now) an hour later driver put that my food was delivered, not once I received a call or message with attempted delivery. How about you jackasses of a company screen your idiot thieves of drivers and only charge the account once my food is actually delivered. I will make sure your reputation is ruined, I will not rest until it is ruined. Clearly everyone here seams to be having a problem with you scammers!!!

kirans21
7/1/18

I placed an order at 11.26. I called yhe restaurant at 12.05 they told me that the order was ready for pick up from seamless. Seamless delivered my order at 1.00. They had originally given me an ETA of 12.20pm.
You would think that they could be responsible and be accountable for they inefficiency and just apologize, but they blatantly lied saying it was the restaurant.

Also they force you to pay 15%. I wanted to pay 10% in the custom area they provided but they have changed my amount. So on top of thieving from you you pay for horrible service.

ludolfl
6/22/18

I placed an order with the simplest instructions for getting to my home, the driver became confused anyway and ended up miles from the intended destination, and because my phone was dead they couldn't contact me.
When I called customer service I could barely understand them, what I heard was that because they couldn't contact me it was my fault and they wouldn't refund me the $60 dollars I spent.
So thanks for that $#*!s.

arwent
5/25/18

Placed an order with specific instructions, asking them to add a couple of things. There was nowhere on their site, a way or place where I could make the order adjustment. The only place I could do this was the special instructions. Of course they were completely ignored and when I contacted them they pushed it on to the restaurant and refused accountability. Told me that special instructions were only for things like adding ketchup, not adding avocado to my tacos....??? I wanted to write a scathing review but it seems the whole world beat me to it!

carolynm94
4/13/18

I placed a Seamless food delivery order today online, When I checked out, I noticed that the tip I had entered had been CHANGED & RAISED by seamless. Did they not think that people would catch on to this devious practice? I only tip on food charges, NOT delivery and tax changes. What a SCAM. I closed my seamless account today. DONE!

milicap
4/1/18

i waited for over two hours. after i have contacted their 'specialists" (that what they call themselves as they keep you on hold),
they informed that the restaurant misplaced my order (even though they had sent me a text message and an email that my food was being prepared). i rejected the offer to wait another hour for the food to be prepared and canceled the order, asking for a full refund, which they emailed me would be processed within 3-5 business days.
Absolutely unacceptable. I am filing a claim against them.

jennyv21
3/30/18

Got charges from them in my credit card even when I don't live in the US and have never given them with my credit card information. They won't let people outside the US to access their website or interact with them, even if they charge their credit cards which I wonder how they get in the first place. Fraudsters!

40 minute wait. Longer then the time the food was supposed to take, so not good.

By Kris R.
Questions? Get answers from the Seamless staff and other customers.

Seamless?