ScienceBuddies.org

ScienceBuddies.org has a consumer rating of 1.8 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ScienceBuddies.org also ranks 34th among Science Other sites.

How would you rate ScienceBuddies.org?

“I love to use this site when science fair season comes...”

Sandy J.
5/29/14

I love to use this site when science fair season comes around. It provides great project ideas for my kids and has an easy way to search their interests. Some of the projects seems a little too complicated, but I've already used several ideas.

“Shabby primitive materials”

Gary S.
10/17/19

I bought the "Basic Circuits Kit" to show my five-year-old granddaughter simple facts about electricity. The materials are all made in China, except the batteries, and these are amazingly shabby. The squeeze clamps are almost impossible for an adult to use, and my grandchild would have no chance with them. Worse yet, I could only get the bulb to light after playing with the clamp-to-post positions. In other words, merely touching metal to metal would not work. How could anyone mis-design wires and clamps? This combination of an American company (Billings, Montana) with cheap Chinese parts just didn't work.

sandyj15
May 29th, 2014
lb69
April 18th, 2016
This used to be a great site. In the last few years, I've seen the projects drift from teaching real science and engineering concepts to simply offering instructions (that sometimes work) to a result. The kids in my class get confused on the concepts where they weren't before.

Several of the new projects also use fancy web features - which is cool - except they won't load on the older Windows and Macs the kids have. If you have Windows 7 or OSX more than a year old, the slideshows and tabs don't display. That's a pretty big problem for a kids' science site.

If they have questions they used to be able to get good answers in the expert's forum. They still can if it's a chemistry or biology question. They don't seem to have experts in physics, robotics or electronics now. It's sad to see a once-great site go downhill. If I didn't love it so much before, I would have given it one star instead of two.
garys717
October 17th, 2019
adiln4
November 2nd, 2017
My son wanted to try a project the site offered on passwords. He downloaded the program and it wouldn't run. They have a forum where "experts" can help, so I asked there for some help. The "expert" said that he had just updated the program, it worked on his computer so that's it. It's great that they let kids contribute but they should check things befre they put them on the site. Help forums that aren't helpful are a waste too.
lizziem3
March 16th, 2017
its terrible and does not even tell you a about science projects with out signing in and says I already have a account and I don't

Questions? Get answers from the ScienceBuddies.org staff and other customers.

Free Topic Selection Wizard, science fair project ideas, step by step how to do a science fair project, Ask an Expert discussion board, and science fair tips for success.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ScienceBuddies.org?

Have a question about ScienceBuddies.org?