Review of RoboForm

Fairfax, VA 22033, US
vadik-dom@siber.com

dominicg
9/7/17

i only use them because they were the only company in 2000/2001 who advertised on cnet. The product has been overtaken by others.

Response from Kaitlin C., RoboForm Representative
Hi Dominic - I'm sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one and I'd certainly like to work together to fix that. If you can please PM me your email address, and any additional information concerning the issue(s) you're experiencing, I'll be happy to assist. Thank you.
robyng10
2/12/17

Over the years, I have been using Roboform with the IE, Firefox, and Chrome Internet browsers. I would suggest trying the free version first and only upgrade if it doesn't cover your needs. It works well for what I need so I have never had to buy the upgrade.

richardj5
2/3/17

As one of its earliest customers, I've been using Roboform's paid version for a great many years, and have been completely satisfied--until now.

Roboform works by storing the user's sign-information in a database to whose entries the user (at the user's advance option) has either immediate access or access via a private master password. In either case Roboform will fill in sign-in information upon the user's request via the browser's context menu. For those who (unaccountably) don't want to use the context menu, Roboform will do the same via the Roboform toolbar. Like most computer users, I've chosen not to burden my computer screen with an unnecessary toolbar, and have used the context menu.

Except that a few days ago, in my Firefox browser, Roboform no longer worked! Clicking any of Roboform's context menu entries now does nothing.

With very great difficulty I finally reached a support technician, who told me that without removing the context menu entries and without any notice to users, Roboform had discontinued support for Firefox's context menu. For some reason Roboform's own separate menu (available from its taskbar icon) also would not work unless its toolbar was continuously displayed.

So my only option was either to display the Roboform toolbar continuously or switch browsers.

Neither of these is acceptable to me, so I'll be installing a different password manager. One free one recommended by Firefox and others is KeePass.

ericd9
2/4/12

We all have many accounts on different site, facebook.com, amazon.com, ebay.com, our bank, twitter.com, etc...

Most of us ends up using the same username and password, thus putting ourselves at risk. If our password get stolen, then that person has access to all the site we've frequently visited.

Roboform does also helps out with password in your applications. You are using an application that requires a password? Roboform will fill it for you. Roboform will also suggest password that do not resemble a word, thus harder to remember or guess.

Everything is protected by a master pasword (the only one you need to remember).

After beeing hacked into my email account, I've learned the value of changing password. Roboform helps out as I don't have to remember those passwords!

johnd101
1/3/12

This is a very convenient program, and I would recommend it. The older version is a bit better in that the newer version has problems with accessing banks and some other sites. You will have all the ID and password information there, but it now takes more steps to get to some sites. The older version took you to the site with one click. Also, everything is encripted so you do not have to worry. Lastly, it is not currently compatable with McAfee but this comes as no surprise knowing all the problems McAfee has.
Go to Cnet.com and you can get a free version but the free version only permits you to use approximately 10 passwords and IDs. If this is all you need, go for it at no cost to you.

Questions? Get answers from the RoboForm staff and other customers.

RoboForm?