Review of RescueTime

RescueTime reviews

Tel: +1 888-215-8635

jons65
6/22/14

Fantastic tool to bump up your productivity. Have been using the free version for the last few months and I review it weekly. I especially like hat you can see how you're doing daily or weekly. Thanks to it I was able to cut off 4 hours a week of emails. A must have for anyone interested in increasing their productivity.

laurenl11
4/7/14

Pros: Quick to sign up. Easy to get essential stats/reports. Free service (with an option to upgrade)

Cons: Limited service with free option. It requires you to download software to your computer.

I've been on a search for a system that analyzes my productivity, so I can eliminate time-sucking activities and improve my peak performance. There are other websites that help with this, but I've found them to be clunky and difficult to use.

Rescuetime feels smart. It's intuitive and fast to set up. I downloaded the program to my desktop and my cell phone (supports android and ios), categorized a few websites to track, and it was off and running.

It quietly works in the background, tracking the total time I spend on each website and program. I don't have to stop production to log time; no more taking time to track time. What a waste. The software works efficiently, in the background, so I can focus on my work that was a revelation!

Rescuetime sends you weekly emails with clear stats and visualizes your progress. The website interface contains a dashboard for each user containing daily records, all in a nice visual package.
Let me address the "elephant in the room" question I know you must be wondering about: no, it will not track ALL of your internet searches. You can shut down the tracking or program it to ignore certain sites.

Lastly, the control you gain from the reports is a game changer. You can make workflow changes that positively affect your productivity. This is an essential tool for anyone who cares about optimal productivity.

Questions? Get answers from the RescueTime staff and other customers.

RescueTime?