Review of ProperSoft

Tel: 8773301268
support@propersoft.net

micheles191
12/14/18

Fantastic app, and it was a lifesaver. Recently, either my MasterCard bank (Comenity) stopped providing QFX downloads, or Quicken stopped providing OFX imports - I don't know which it was. Anyhow, I was only able to download OFX files from the bank, and unable to import them into Quicken. So, I did a google search and found this product by ProperSoft. I tried the trial version, and it imported 10 transactions flawlessly. This was on my Windows laptop. I immediately purchased the Windows version and used it. Shortly thereafter, my Windows laptop died, and I was forced to switch to using Quicken for Mac on my MacBook. I emailed the company explaining the situation and asking if I could transfer my license from Windows to Mac. They responded right away and provided me a new license key. I installed the license on Mac, and was able to re-import 1005 credit card transactions into Quicken. This app has been such a lifesaver. I am very thankful for it.

stepheng257
11/26/18

I recently had a catastrophic loss of my hard drive and in reinstalling Simple Home Budget I found I could not locate my product key. It was supplied me almost instantaneously. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated this rapid and professional service.

williamr492
11/26/18

I have been a user of various ProperSoft converters for a number of years and have been very satisfied with the products and the support.

artb61
11/9/18

I made a mistake when buying the converter. They exchange the purchase for the right one without and BS. Good outfit and the software works flawlessly. Highly recommended

Response from Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative
Thank you for your review, Art.
kobel13
11/3/18

I accidentally ordered the wrong software, and within hours of asking them about it, they exchanged it for the right software. Great customer service!

Response from Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative
Thank you, Kobe!
michaelj527
9/16/18

First of all I must say support is fantastic. I submitted a question on the weekend, I'm not even a customer, and the reply came back very quickly.

I did find that QBO files are only supported back to 2016 so my 2011 version needs to use IIF files. OK, fine. I tried the Bank2IIF. I like it, let me be clear, it WORKS.

There are just a couple of items that need to be tweaked.

Mapping: Need to be able to save a set of mappings when converting a bunch of files. I seem to only be able to do ONE. And save them session to session.
Account: It would be nice to have a mapping of vendor to account so that you only have to do it once and then all the files imported would be the same account. That said, it would be GREAT if it used the QB APIs and went INTO your QB File and gave you a drop down list of the accounts and maybe (this is reaching) defaulted to the last account used for that vendor.
Target the product toward repetitive processes, not one offs.

michaelh1017
9/11/18

I purchased ProperSoft's full package more than two years ago & have been very happy with it. It was a one-time purchase, cost very reasonable & it has saved me so much effort for my clients, Highly recommended!

laurentr4
8/31/18

I had a issue trying to convert a PDF to OFX file.
Propersoft support replied quickly to my mail, I tried with the parametrization provided by Propersoft and everything works fine now.

marks1090
8/28/18

I'm still using Microsoft Money and my new credit card didn't support export of statements into the format needed. As it would let me download a pdf statement, I was delighted to find that PDF2QIF would do the necessary conversion to import the statement in the Quicken QIF format. I only need to check the credit/debits are the right way round and unselect a statement total at the bottom. Now I've done it a few times and MS Money has memorised the new payee names, it saves me an enormous amount of time compared to manual entry. It's a relief to be able to continue using MS Money and not have to worry that credit cards and bank accounts might not support export to it. I assume I could also have done the job with some of their other tools and formats (csv, ofx etc), but this works well for me. Many thanks !

margotk4
8/20/18

The software works perfectly and has saved me from hours and hours of manual entry! I have had questions over the 5 years (at least) that I have been using it and I always get a quick and friendly response.

jacobw82
8/6/18

Not much to say - it did exactly what I needed it to do and I had no problems importing the data into Quicken. Good, simple product!

patriciaa205
7/29/18

My credit card's bank changed and no longer downloads into Quicken. The PrioperSoft program converts CSV files so they can be imported without all that typing. Not as smooth as the direct download, (doesn't use my memorized payee list to assign categories, etc.) but still saves me a lot of work. Took me three tries to get it right the first time, but now it is fine.

joannv17
7/29/18

Purchasing this software made it possible for me to convert my Excel files to Quicken format as Paypal has discontinued to allow downloads from their site making it very difficult to download transactions. Works Perfect!!!

kimarap1
7/26/18

I've used ProperSoft for quite a number of years now and love it. Works beautifully and their support staff always has an answer, if I get stuck. +10 as far as I'm concerned

phyllist43
7/24/18

Some banks and credit cards do not support downloads to Quicken, but do support .csv. ProperSoft's CSV2QFX is the perfect solution. The interface is intuitive. So I was easily able to figure out what I needed to do to get the output I needed (i.e. which columns were debits, which columns were credits). I am happy with the product and recommend it.

tedk61
7/17/18

I downloaded and install CVS2QBO to convert some quickbooks on-line registers to quickbooks desktop pro registers. I had an issue mapping the debits/credits and Propersoft responded quicky and resolved my issue. I was successfully able to migrate the registers over saving countless hours on manual input using this tool.

germanp5
7/8/18

My experience with this company is that they provide quick and accurate response to support questions and that they are willing to help.

gregp157
7/6/18

When I initially installed it I thought it wasn't working and missing records all over the place but with one email to their CS they showed me which setting I has wrong and it now works perfectly.

davem414
7/5/18

I am able to download QFX files specific to a given account & convert easily Still learning the tricks but now know the file import has to be into the individual quicken account Got entries into wrong account once

pauls888
6/28/18

The software worked GREAT! Unfortunately, QB Online wasn't the product I expected. I will use your software for many other purposes.

joanneb146
6/23/18

I needed a conversion application to be able to enter spreadsheet information from Excel to Quickbooks Desktop. I found this one, and it does the job, but it's not that easy. I had to try it several times (in a test company thankfully) to see exactly where and how things post. It has a lot of columns which I didn't need (some people will) and it's really basic.

On the positive side though, it works, and it's not expensive. So thank you!

rauln8
6/17/18

Easy to use, user friendly, its great. I recommend it to anyone using quickbooks. A more thorough user guide would be nice, but its easy to figure out

barryc105
6/17/18

Very inexpensive software so that I can continue to extend the use of Microsoft Money. Have used it several times now and it converts data perfectly.

anthonyw160
6/15/18

I have used the service to convert from PDF to CSV to QBO and QFX (and vice versa.) Works well for banks not offering native downloads, or where the bank's data is formatted incorrectly.

cosmep2
6/12/18

Bought the software for 40 $. Simple, user friendly and working perfectly when loading external transactions into Quicken. I recommend it.

Most likely you are referring to INTU.BID values. CSV2QFX reads the list of INTU.BID values from Quicken installed on the same computer. You can simply enter "allowed" INTU.BID value (a four digits number) as well before converting to a QFX file.

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

For the current version, bank, credit card transactions are supported. For investment accounts, only cash transactions are supported.

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

yes, CSV2OFX, CSV2QIF, CSV2QFX create files importable by Banktivity 5 or later.

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

Hello Iliana, You can download at https://www.propersoft.net/download. Click on the download icon and click Windows download.

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

Paola, Quickbooks Online imports CSV files, you can choose any converter ending with 2CSV, like Bank2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2csv that converts all formats including PDF, or specific ones like PDF2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/pdf2csv 2CSV converters have a setting called "CSV target" - make sure to set it to "Quickbooks Online" when you convert.

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

PDF2CSV has Xero as the "CSV target", so it is suitable. CSV target as Xero means the CSV file will have all columns applicable during CSV import in Xero

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

Please try the latest version from https://www.propersoft.net/

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

You can use ProperSoft CSV2QFX at https://www.propersoft.net/products/csv2qfx there are some difference between products you mentioned, I suggest to try and decide yourself.

Yes, try PDF2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/pdf2csv

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative

No converter is available yet for this, CSV2IIF is created for credit card and bank transactions. There is a special mode in CSV2IIF to convert Excel/CSV file with IIF layout, please contact support@propersoft.net for more details.

By Sergiy T., ProperSoft Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ProperSoft staff and other customers.

11 Photos for ProperSoft