ProperSoft

ProperSoft has a consumer rating of 4.73 stars from 122 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. ProperSoft also ranks 1st among Accounting Software sites.

• Also I appreciate the prompt and professional customer service!
  • Had some problems initially, but their customer support was all over it a flash.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate ProperSoft?

“Their conversion software saves me time and my...”

Keith G.
10/16/19

As an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for Intuit's desktop and online software, I use affordable and reliable ProperSoft products to help my PC and Mac clients in "always sunny" Seattle import their banking transactions that are no longer available for download at their financial institution. They send me their PDFs and other file formats downloaded from their bank, credit union, and credit cards. I quickly convert them into a format known as Web Connect that we can import into their QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Mac, Enterprise, and Online that I get for them at a discount. I am waiting for my first Quicken client so I can buy that product version. I recently helped one frantic client import 20 months of transactions so they could meet their 2018 tax deadline. For another, I was able to show their puzzled office manager how to reconcile five months faster because their evil bank (U.S. Bank) doesn't allow direct downloads of transactions into QuickBooks. I also found the software and user manuals easy to use. I have only been charged once for the software.

“monthly charges I don't believe I signed up for”

John C.
3/12/18

I bought this SW and it worked ok for what I bought. BUT THEN I FOUND RECURRING MONTHLY CHARGES OF $19.99. I have no recollection of actively signing up for the support service at purchase and never used it. I was not able to contact the biller (FastSpring) by phone except through an automated system I chose not to use. I was not really clear on what the product was that I was being billed for. I chose to block at my credit card. I did find e-mails in my spam folder from Propersoft at that point and requested to cancel which happened within 2 hours. I do confirm that the ongoing charges were canceled after I asked for this through the e-mails. If you buy this product, I recommend checking to see if you have signed up for or been signed up for recurring service charges that you don't want. If you see recurring charges from FS* Propersoft, check your e-mail for the cancellation notice e-mail.

customer service (8) customer support (8) csv files (5) credit card (9) microsoft money (4) pdf statements (3) quickbooks desktop (3) qif files (3) import transactions (3) 3 years (3) credit cards (3)
babaky1
February 16th, 2020
I bought the CSV 2 QFX product which has been particularly useful. I need this to import transactions into the Quicken Money Management software. As im based outside the US, my Bank can only export to CSV. ProperSoft bridges this gap & allows me to have the advantages of Quicken without requiring a compatible Bank. Customer support is excellent & personalised. I am very pleased & can highly recommend ProperSoft. I have trusted them for over 3 years & hope to continue using their software.
karenb1321
February 19th, 2020
My only complaint about my new Apple Card was that I couldn't import transactions into Quicken. With the help of OFX2QFX that problem is solved! Initially the transactions still would not import but after a very quick response from the developer the problem was solved. Great software and great customer support!
ionm2
December 5th, 2019
Great product with a lot of value in it, it makes our work much easier and faster, if the bank doesn't download all transactions, or we are late with downloading some statements than we can do it with bank2QBO. Also great customer service, they answered all my questions quick and to the point, thank you propersoft.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Ion.
gj98
December 7th, 2019
Posting large numbers of stock trades took me forever before I found this software. With their fast and professional support, I had the program running perfectly and now posting complex transactions from sites that don't have Quicken integration is a breeze!
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review!
michelm89
November 28th, 2019
Helpdesk has been quick and solve my issue by creating a new functionality in a new release. Thanks to Sergiy
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Michel.
erice223
November 11th, 2019
Bought and used the OFX2QFX converter. Had some problems initially, but their customer support was all over it a flash. Very responsive, and quick to help. Got the problem solved permanently, and I'm off to the races.

I highly recommend this company.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Eric!
andrewj259
October 30th, 2019
Products that do the job, customer support prompt, professional & helpful. Company stands by their product / customers years after the initial purchase - something not often seen today.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Andrew.
peterd339
May 15th, 2019
Calling Intuit Tech support was worthless. They wasted almost 2 hours of my time only to find out that they didn't even have a converter in house. I e-mailed the developer after hours and got an auto reply about business hours. I figured the next day he would take care of. Much to my surprise he replied shortly thereafter with how I could rectify the problem and BLAM!!! It worked. Spend the cash to pay this family man for his brain power then move on with life knowing you did the right thing today my friend.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Peter!
jackiew152
July 23rd, 2019
I've used them for years and this tool works great with Netsuite. The team is always there to help when you have a question too.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Jackie.
jeanlouiss2
May 28th, 2019
Successful experience with the assistance of ProperSoft support.
I can now import the csv files created by my BNP Bank into Microsoft Money version 14 with the CSV2QIF software produced by ProperSoft.
Many thanks to the support team of ProperSoft
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Jean-Louis
davids2227
May 16th, 2019
This is the first and from researching for days, the only program that I could find that does the conversions of PDF to Excel without any hitch.
I was able to download 12 Bank statements at once and the PDF2CSV program sorted and converted everything nearly instantly. There were no hiccups and the data was clean and organized perfectly.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, David.
ramona32
March 26th, 2019
I was surprised at their quick and courteous response when I asked for a refund because their application was not suitable for what I needed to do. Quite frankly totally my fault when I purchased the application, and yet ProperSoft had no qualms about prompltly giving me a refund. This is proof of their commitment to serve their customers, and this is a recipe for their success in the marketplace.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Ramon.
markm1181
April 14th, 2019
I had a problem converting data from one version of a money management program to another. I was running my business on this software so this needed to be solved. I had tried numerous experts and spent months myself trying to solve this. Propersoft came up with a simple straightforward solution within a week! Very relieved and grateful.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Mark.
davidb2139
April 7th, 2019
The software is easy to use and works exactly as expected. The developer personally replied promptly to an emailed question and provided exactly the help I needed to get me up and running. Highly recommended.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, David.
stepheng257
November 26th, 2018
I recently had a catastrophic loss of my hard drive and in reinstalling Simple Home Budget I found I could not locate my product key. It was supplied me almost instantaneously. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated this rapid and professional service.
artb61
November 9th, 2018
I made a mistake when buying the converter. They exchange the purchase for the right one without and BS. Good outfit and the software works flawlessly. Highly recommended
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Art.
williamr492
November 26th, 2018
I have been a user of various ProperSoft converters for a number of years and have been very satisfied with the products and the support.
kobel13
November 3rd, 2018
I accidentally ordered the wrong software, and within hours of asking them about it, they exchanged it for the right software. Great customer service!
Thank you, Kobe!
phyllist43
July 24th, 2018
Some banks and credit cards do not support downloads to Quicken, but do support .csv. ProperSoft's CSV2QFX is the perfect solution. The interface is intuitive. So I was easily able to figure out what I needed to do to get the output I needed (i.e. which columns were debits, which columns were credits). I am happy with the product and recommend it.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Phyllis.
joannv17
July 29th, 2018
Purchasing this software made it possible for me to convert my Excel files to Quicken format as Paypal has discontinued to allow downloads from their site making it very difficult to download transactions. Works Perfect!!!
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, JoAnn.
michaelh1017
September 11th, 2018
I purchased ProperSoft's full package more than two years ago & have been very happy with it. It was a one-time purchase, cost very reasonable & it has saved me so much effort for my clients, Highly recommended!
laurentr4
August 31st, 2018
I had a issue trying to convert a PDF to OFX file.
Propersoft support replied quickly to my mail, I tried with the parametrization provided by Propersoft and everything works fine now.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Laurent.
margotk4
August 20th, 2018
The software works perfectly and has saved me from hours and hours of manual entry! I have had questions over the 5 years (at least) that I have been using it and I always get a quick and friendly response.
pauls888
June 28th, 2018
The software worked GREAT! Unfortunately, QB Online wasn't the product I expected. I will use your software for many other purposes.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Paul.
jacobw82
August 6th, 2018
Not much to say - it did exactly what I needed it to do and I had no problems importing the data into Quicken. Good, simple product!
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Please try the latest version from https://www.propersoft.net/

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Hello Georiga, please email support@propersoft.net the QIF file that was created. PDF2QIF does not create mac zip files.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Yes, Bank2QIF at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2qif converts CSV, Excel, PDF, OFX, QFX, QBO, QMTF to QIF format.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Most likely you are referring to INTU.BID values. CSV2QFX reads the list of INTU.BID values from Quicken installed on the same computer. You can simply enter "allowed" INTU.BID value (a four digits number) as well before converting to a QFX file.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

For the current version, bank, credit card transactions are supported. For investment accounts, only cash transactions are supported.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

yes, CSV2OFX, CSV2QIF, CSV2QFX create files importable by Banktivity 5 or later.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Hello Iliana, You can download at https://www.propersoft.net/download. Click on the download icon and click Windows download.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Paola, Quickbooks Online imports CSV files, you can choose any converter ending with 2CSV, like Bank2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2csv that converts all formats including PDF, or specific ones like PDF2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/pdf2csv 2CSV converters have a setting called "CSV target" - make sure to set it to "Quickbooks Online" when you convert.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

PDF2CSV has Xero as the "CSV target", so it is suitable. CSV target as Xero means the CSV file will have all columns applicable during CSV import in Xero

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

You can use ProperSoft CSV2QFX at https://www.propersoft.net/products/csv2qfx there are some difference between products you mentioned, I suggest to try and decide yourself.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ProperSoft staff and other customers.

Convert transactions from one format to another and import into accounting software. For example, convert CSV to QBO, or PDF to QBO or Excel to QFX, or OFX to CSV. Make your transactions importable into Quickbooks, Quicken, MS Money, Xero, Sage One and others.

Business History

ProperSoft creates accounting tools from 2008. Our tools help you convert your CSV, Excel, PDF, QIF, QBO, OFX, QFX, TXT files into a format your accounting software expects (like Quickbooks expects QBO, IIF, QBJ, Quicken expects QFX, QIF, etc.). Visit https://www.propersoft.net/ for more details.

Sergiy T.
Owner / Executive

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProperSoft?

Have a question about ProperSoft?