ProperSoft

ProperSoft has a consumer rating of 4.46 stars from 131 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. ProperSoft also ranks 1st among Accounting Software sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 5 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 93.8%

• Also I appreciate the prompt and professional customer service!
  • Had some problems initially, but their customer support was all over it a flash.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate ProperSoft?

“Superb & Valuable Software”

Babak Y.
2/16/20

I bought the CSV 2 QFX product which has been particularly useful. I need this to import transactions into the Quicken Money Management software. As im based outside the US, my Bank can only export to CSV. ProperSoft bridges this gap & allows me to have the advantages of Quicken without requiring a compatible Bank. Customer support is excellent & personalised. I am very pleased & can highly recommend ProperSoft. I have trusted them for over 3 years & hope to continue using their software.

“Trial looked good but real software has lot of errors”

Charles L.
5/13/20

Needed to convert pdf to qfx so this software sounds perfect, right? Wrong. Errors on converting pdf. Some items, like airline miles, convert into transactions. Great, so you have to go through and manually delete airline miles. But trying to reconcile accounts, blocks of transactions missing. If you have to manually spend a lot of time cleaning up airline miles, or manually entering transactions, kind

customer service (9) customer support (9) csv files (5) quicken (27) microsoft money (4) quickbooks desktop (3) qif files (3) pdf statements (3) import transactions (3) 3 years (3) credit cards (3)
babaky1
February 16th, 2020
johnh3570
May 5th, 2020
The software is excellent! I had a minor issue converting to a QIF file (Quicken) but after a few email exchanges with customer support the problem was resolved. Probably the best customer support I've ever experienced from a software company. Now that Quicken has discontinued downloads from financial institutions (for anything but their subscription service), the CSV2QIF conversion utility is a perfect fix and allows me to download data and import directly into Quicken.
patriciaa205
July 29th, 2018
My credit card's bank changed and no longer downloads into Quicken. The PrioperSoft program converts CSV files so they can be imported without all that typing. Not as smooth as the direct download, (doesn't use my memorized payee list to assign categories, etc.) but still saves me a lot of work. Took me three tries to get it right the first time, but now it is fine.
nikolays24
June 8th, 2020
Super helpful. I'm using this app every day. And the developer is incredibly supportive. Made my life so much easier. It's worth more the money I paid.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Nikolay.
joanneb146
June 23rd, 2018
I needed a conversion application to be able to enter spreadsheet information from Excel to Quickbooks Desktop. I found this one, and it does the job, but it's not that easy. I had to try it several times (in a test company thankfully) to see exactly where and how things post. It has a lot of columns which I didn't need (some people will) and it's really basic.

On the positive side though, it works, and it's not expensive. So thank you!
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Joanne.
patriced49
July 28th, 2020
Very useful to Import to MS Money data received when my bank changed its output format. Software is regularly updated, and
Support team is nice and very responsive so it matches any particular need.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Patrice!
charlesl566
May 13th, 2020
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Charles. The trial shows all parsing results inside the software, so you can see if your PDF file is not supported before ordering. The parser tries to find anything that looks like transactions and has some specific exclusions like interest tables or duplicate check tables. You can uncheck incorrect transactions before converting If a PDF file is image-based and poorly scanned, the parser may not see some transactions. We provide money back guarantee if your file is not converting.
toma500
September 4th, 2016
Verified purchase
When the program was not pulling all of the information from my PDF statements I thought we had it functioning after a fairly good response from customer support. Only when I went back to verify that everything was coming through and populating correctly into my QuickBooks online and QuickBooks desktop did I realize that random entries were omitted entirely which throws my entire tax year into recordkeeping chaos. The time I spent worrying about the application should have been spent manually entering each of the hundreds and hundreds of transactions. Can't believe it's the only option and as recommended by intuit. They refunded me my money. I just wish the application was fully baked
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Hello Tim, thank you for your review! As PDF documents are coming in endless varieties, free trial and free support are provided before and after the purchase to test the software with your PDF file, as well as refund is provided should you decide to purchase before trying and experience issues after the purchase.
richardg1035
May 14th, 2020
Needed CSV2OFX to move some data from Quicken to Wave Accounting. It saved a ton of time and worked great! Thank you.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Richard.
maryl1167
March 9th, 2020
This is unusually attentive service, and the product is perfect.
I am so impressed and will recommend to all Quickbooks users.
The site was safe and seamless to use.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Mary!
curtisw40
June 4th, 2018
This does the QIF to QFX conversion very easily in just a few clicks. I am using a 2006 iMac and have no issues. The trial version will continue to do 10 transactions at a time but this became a hassle and I couldn't find any other Mac program that did this so easily. Four stars because the price seems a little high for a fairly simple program.
bryanl177
June 4th, 2020
Support was extremely helpful and didn't stop until they resolved my issue. We had to go back and forth to get the resolution but eventually it was resolved, and pretty quickly at that!
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Bryan.
drm109
March 21st, 2020
The conversion software of ProperSoft is excellent and the customer service is outstanding. Recommend highly.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Dr. M.
karenb1321
February 19th, 2020
My only complaint about my new Apple Card was that I couldn't import transactions into Quicken. With the help of OFX2QFX that problem is solved! Initially the transactions still would not import but after a very quick response from the developer the problem was solved. Great software and great customer support!
jamesm1859
May 9th, 2020
I purchased the CSV2QIF product after being told by Wells Fargo Online support that I could not download into Quicken for Mac 2007 any CC data older than 3 months. This presented a problem since I needed all of the data for 2019. What WF support also told me is that I could download a CSV file for 2019 and then maybe I could find a program to convert CSV to QIF. I search online and found this product. What impressed me the most is the support I got after I ran into some issues with getting the data formatted in the proper way to be successfully imported into Quicken once converted to QIF. Late on a Friday night and on Saturday I was receiving feedback/directions from their support staff that answered every question with links to additional information. Once I knew what to do I was able to seamlessly convert my data and five minutes ago I successfully imported a years worth of purchases and credits into Quicken. I can't say enough about the product and the support I received. I would highly recommend this product if you have the same issues I did and if their level of quality and support for all of their other products as it was for CSV2QIF then you have nothing to worry about. And I'm sure that would be the case.
gladej
June 19th, 2017
I purchased a simple CSV converter to import some of my transaction history into Quicken. It was a one time purchase. Be sure to read all fine print. Very difficult to get hold of the company. Software however did just what it said it would.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Hello Glade. There was only request from you today and your charges were refunded.
gj98
December 7th, 2019
Posting large numbers of stock trades took me forever before I found this software. With their fast and professional support, I had the program running perfectly and now posting complex transactions from sites that don't have Quicken integration is a breeze!
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review!
ionm2
December 5th, 2019
Great product with a lot of value in it, it makes our work much easier and faster, if the bank doesn't download all transactions, or we are late with downloading some statements than we can do it with bank2QBO. Also great customer service, they answered all my questions quick and to the point, thank you propersoft.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Ion.
michelm89
November 28th, 2019
Helpdesk has been quick and solve my issue by creating a new functionality in a new release. Thanks to Sergiy
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Michel.
erice223
November 11th, 2019
Bought and used the OFX2QFX converter. Had some problems initially, but their customer support was all over it a flash. Very responsive, and quick to help. Got the problem solved permanently, and I'm off to the races.

I highly recommend this company.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Eric!
peterd339
May 15th, 2019
Calling Intuit Tech support was worthless. They wasted almost 2 hours of my time only to find out that they didn't even have a converter in house. I e-mailed the developer after hours and got an auto reply about business hours. I figured the next day he would take care of. Much to my surprise he replied shortly thereafter with how I could rectify the problem and BLAM! It worked. Spend the cash to pay this family man for his brain power then move on with life knowing you did the right thing today my friend.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Peter!
susanneh7
November 21st, 2016
Verified purchase
Not really satisfied with the program. Am using it to transfer files from Fujitsu iX500 scanner, through ScanSnap Receipt, into Quicken. It doesn't pick up all of the column headings, is not flexible enough to map properly. I messed with it for awhile, hoping to get a faster way to input receipts into Quicken. Finally realized I could get a lot more done with direct entry of each receipt into Quicken. ScanSnap Receipt only has mapping for Quickbooks, which isn't mapping flexible either. Each program has its own quirks, and I don't have time to mess with them to make them work together.
Hello Susanne,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review for your software. For your case, you can try QBO2QIF at https://www.propersoft.net/qbo2qif/ or Bank2QIF at http://www.propersoft.net/bank2qif/ to convert QBO files produced by SnanSnap to Quicken compatible format.
susanb288
June 24th, 2017
I had several years worth of PDFs from my bank that I needed to get into Quicken. Anything I tried was either going to be quite expensive or quite cumbersome. Then I found this program. It's so simple to use, and so fast. Many thanks to the technical support group. I bought the wrong version initially and they were very gracious and letting me get exactly what I needed at no additional charge. Really responsive to my email heard back within minutes. If you need to get things into Quicken or any other financial software program, this is the suite of conversion packages that you need.
markm1181
April 14th, 2019
I had a problem converting data from one version of a money management program to another. I was running my business on this software so this needed to be solved. I had tried numerous experts and spent months myself trying to solve this. Propersoft came up with a simple straightforward solution within a week! Very relieved and grateful.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Mark.
andrewj259
October 30th, 2019
Products that do the job, customer support prompt, professional & helpful. Company stands by their product / customers years after the initial purchase - something not often seen today.
Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep
Thank you for your review, Andrew.

Please try the latest version from https://www.propersoft.net/

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Yes, Bank2QIF at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2qif converts CSV, Excel, PDF, OFX, QFX, QBO, QMTF to QIF format.

See more answers (2)

Hello Georiga, please email support@propersoft.net the QIF file that was created. PDF2QIF does not create mac zip files.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Most likely you are referring to INTU. BID values. CSV2QFX reads the list of INTU. BID values from Quicken installed on the same computer. You can simply enter "allowed" INTU. BID value (a four digits number) as well before converting to a QFX file.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

For the current version, bank, credit card transactions are supported. For investment accounts, only cash transactions are supported.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Yes, CSV2OFX, CSV2QIF, CSV2QFX create files importable by Banktivity 5 or later.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Hello Iliana, You can download at https://www.propersoft.net/download. Click on the download icon and click Windows download.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Paola, Quickbooks Online imports CSV files, you can choose any converter ending with 2CSV, like Bank2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2csv that converts all formats including PDF, or specific ones like PDF2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/pdf2csv 2CSV converters have a setting called "CSV target" - make sure to set it to "Quickbooks Online" when you convert.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

PDF2CSV has Xero as the "CSV target", so it is suitable. CSV target as Xero means the CSV file will have all columns applicable during CSV import in Xero

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

You can use ProperSoft CSV2QFX at https://www.propersoft.net/products/csv2qfx there are some difference between products you mentioned, I suggest to try and decide yourself.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ProperSoft staff and other customers.

Convert transactions from one format to another and import into accounting software. For example, convert CSV to QBO, or PDF to QBO or Excel to QFX, or OFX to CSV. Make your transactions importable into Quickbooks, Quicken, MS Money, Xero, Sage One and others.

Business History

ProperSoft creates accounting tools from 2008. Our tools help you convert your CSV, Excel, PDF, QIF, QBO, OFX, QFX, TXT files into a format your accounting software expects (like Quickbooks expects QBO, IIF, QBJ, Quicken expects QFX, QIF, etc.). Visit https://www.propersoft.net/ for more details.

Sergiy T.
Customer Service, Application Developer
Typically responds within 5 hours
Sergiy creates software helping accountants and bookkeepers and everyone else using accounting and personal finance software. ProperSoft tools help you bring your transactions into a format your accounting software needs.

ProperSoft at https://www.propersoft.net/ provides support before and after purchase. Feel free to contact ProperSoft and get your transactions imported and save your time during a tax season or other accounting crunch times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProperSoft?

Have a question about ProperSoft?