Review of Poust

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

philiph76
1/31/18

Was in process of moving from Sparta NJ 07871. Exhaust/condensation pipe coming out of furnace venting carbon monoxide and condensation from furnace to outside was leaking water from PVC joint connections. I called Proust, told them the circumstances and told them I needed repair within the by the weekend. They sent a technician Douglas, immediately. Showed the technician the problem. He agreed pvc needed replacing and proper gluing/bonding. I also repeated that I needed the work done before the weekend. He said that he had to order parts and would get back to me as soon as he got to the office to write up estimate and charged $ 125 for visit. He also acknowledged that the $ 125 would be credited to the cost of the work. The technician wwThis occurred on 12/18/17. To this day I never heard from them nor have I received a return call despite telling the technician clearly that I wanted the work done immediately no matter what the estimate was. Since there was a danger due to the leakage not only of water but carbon monoxide I called another provider after waiting for pousts estimate for 4-5 days. The other HVAC company came and fixed the problem immediately for $ 275.00. I was so angered by Poust I called after not receiving anything from them so after three weeks I called their office and spoke to a woman. I told her the story and said that I wanted a refund since there was no follow up by Poust and didnt need to pay $ 125 for Douglas to tell me what I already knew without follow up. I was never informed of the diagnostic fee. She told me that she would have the owner call me because only he could make that decision. I never got a call back. To make matters worse, I received a form letter and brochure from Poust from their customer service person a few days before the closing, January 29th, almost a month after Poust sent the technician informing me (in a form letter) about the advantages of using their services, the % of the 125 credited if Used their service

1.Demand that they correct their process so it is clearer to the customer when calling.(modification of their claims) 2.Explanation why, given the communication I got from the technician and the obvious safety issue that should have been obvious to the technician, wasnt I contacted with estimate and follow up repair or letting me know that they were unable to schedule. 3. Why I did not get a call back after phone representative said I would from proprietor.
I am concerned that I was scammed by this company...and their negligence could have caused grievous injury to my family due to the potential leakage of carbon monoxide. I was not informed that there would be no follow through...essentially paying Poust $ 125 to waste my time and endanger my family. I am concerned that the proprietor did not return my call to rectify the situation only making the situation worse and to further fan the flames, a form and brochure follow up almost a month later about the benefits of my having Proust do repair work and how the diagnostic charge...(not told at the time that it was a diagnostic without immediate follow up) worked. This is either a series of errors or simply a scam to make money without doing any work. The technician was in my home for less than 20 minutes.

Questions? Get answers from the Poust staff and other customers.

Poust?