PersonalProtectionDogs reviews

Tel: 01246 792002
sales@adk9.co.uk

chriss977
11/6/18

I bought my german shepherd dog jack,aka borris at the end of April.I have to say that from start to finish these people were excellent.I found the manager Jess p to be extremely professional and acknowledgeable.she did an excellent job in matching my dog jack and myself.
When I took jack home he was even perfectly house trained.no accidents!
all the commands that the trainer showed me on picking jack up he has never forgotten.you really do get a trained pet dog from these people.They are excellent dog trainers.Special mention to Danny fullwood in that regard who did a great job in training jack.The aftercare is also fantastic.you can board your dog also at chesterfield when you holiday,so the relationship continues.I plan at some point to go back and purchase a companion for me and jack,such is my trust and belief in these people what they do with the dogs.I would not hesitate in recommending ADK9.

zoiew1
11/23/17

Im so angry with ADK9, I have 2 border collies who to be honest are pretty good dogs but I wanted a few things working on like recall and walking to heel etc so after seeing ADK9 results and feedback on Facebook I decided to give them a go as the results looked great. The cost was £495 per dog for 10 days as they said this is the time they needed to train recall. Me and my husband decided it was worth the price so paid up and took them to the Lincolnshire branch.

The kennels were not great and this did make me worry a little as it was not only for training dogs but also RSPCA animals too so very loud and a bit run down. I had to text on several occasions to see how my dogs were as had heard nothing from them after 2 days.

When I went to collect my dogs I was told they were doing well and that they enjoyed the stay. When I saw my younger collie he was so thin and his ribs were visible which did shock me and also my dogs were very depressed to say the least. They had blood shot eyes too.

I was not overly impressed with what a saw in my dogs training wise but she said that as they are excited to see me this would alter the attention of them so I decided to take her word for it and see for myself when I got home.

That night my older collie got very ill so had to call the vet which after hours in there ended up with a £300 vet bill and a poorly dog with infection and kennel cough which my other dog also got too !

I have been in talks with them over email and Im getting nowhere they want to refund me £27 for the medication cost and thats it which I think is an insult. They also said they would retrain my dogs as I see NO results in the training they supposedly did ?

I will talk to consumer rights tomorrow and see how it goes..... wish me luck x

shereeni
7/13/16

when I first contacted ADK9, Craig was very helpful, and answered all my questions immediately putting me at ease. I was requesting for them to buy and train a dog for me. Craig said that finding a dog would take approx 2 weeks and approx 4 to train. Very excited I paid a substantial deposit for this dog and looked forward to hearing my choices in the upcoming weeks. After 2 weeks of nothing I contacted "my assigned trainer" to be told she was on holiday and my case was assigned to someone else. so much for consistent communication as that would have been good to know. Spoke to the new trainer and was reassured that it shouldn't take too long. After 4 weeks I received my first dog proposal and agreed that I would be happy with that dog to be told the seller was not responding. After 5 weeks of only seeing one dog that was not even available decided to call it quits. I emailed Craig and asked him for a refund on my deposit. No reply. I waited a few days benefit of doubt and called no answer, Left a message no reply. Called the office on Monday spoke to someone else that told me he was too busy to speak to me! So now having to go through the hassle of doing it legally.

DONT BE FOOLED- helpful up front till they get your money!!!

gunaya
4/28/16

Is your dog having some issues with behaviour at home? Well if so, do not send your baby to this bootcamp.

I thought it would be a great idea to send my almost 2 year old male staff to this bootcamp because his behaviour was too spoilt from constantly being in a house full of young children and I thought he needed some intense training to calm down and improve his behaviour. Recently my dog started growling when he did not like to do something he was told to. However this did not stop him from being a happy well-sociable dog with everyone in the park and their dogs. I take him to a well known dog park which is full of all kinds of dogs that he socialises with every day.

I sent him to this boot camp for which I paid in advance for a full week. I told them everything about my dogs behaviour and did not keep anything a secret.

They advised me to get the kennel cough vaccination for my boy and that he could go straight after he got this done. They insisted that I would not need to wait any time as they've had dogs straight after their vaccines before. I spoke to the vets and my vet advised me that we would need to wait a minimum of 10 days before sending him to the kennels for his safety. This showed me that this place only cared about getting their backs covered on their paper work rather than worrying about my dogs health.

I took my staff to this boot camp in chesterfield (it was a 3.5 hour drive there), the staff seemed nice enough and when I got there they asked me if my dog was people aggressive. I said no he only growls when he doesn't want to do something and other than that he has never bit or attacked anyone. They said they would keep me updated and off I went thinking everything would be ok... I WAS WRONG. 2 days had gone by and I had no news about my dog so I called them. Noone picked up so I sent a text message asking how everything was going. The next day I received a text message (not a phone call but a text message!!) telling me that my dog had been sitting in a kennel the whole time because he was being aggressive (growling) at the staff and would not let them put a lead on him. I was told that it might take him some time to get used to and that I would be updated the next day. This did not happen as per. I called and sent more text messages. On the 3rd day I offered to go and get him but was told not to do so. The next day after being assured that I would be updated, I received nothing until 7 in the evening. They said that the manager would come in to assess my dog and call me first thing in the morning. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ONCE AGAIN. I called and messaged the whole day and finally received a TEXT around 6:30pm on the 5th day. This text more or less said "Sorry, you need to come and get your dog because he has now tried to attack us and he is untrainable". This is a dog they are talking about... not a grizzly bear!

I asked if I could go and pick him up that night and they said no, I had to miss work the next day which cost me a whole day worth of salary to go and pick him up. They had the cheek to say that they would refund me for the last few days but still charge me for 3 days of the 5 that they had kept my dog locked up in a kennel in his own faeces.

This to me seemed very unprofessional for a business that has been running for "10 years" they say. The manager said at one point he thought he would just let my dog out of the kennel to see what he would do... apparently my dog ran around and they had to catch him with a dog catching pole afterwards. Are these people Amateurs?

For a person who has no qualifications in dog training I can see that they have gone wrong in many places. They should not have put my dog in a strange kennel before playing and getting used to him. This put him under stress of course. In regards to the "attack" that he tried to do, well I doubt this "attack" would have been unprovoked for a dog who has never tried this kind of thing on anyone.

When I picked him up, his eyes were blood shot red... we went home and he was completely utterly happy to be around everyone like nothing had happened but then I went to the Vets that evening also. My dog was so stressed out by all the strangers around him that he did not let anyone at the vets touch him. He did not let anyone near us and I had to muzzle him so the vet could take a look at his eyes. He was so worked up that he did not like eye contact with the vet, who completely understood why he was behaving like this considering he'd been locked in a kennel for 4 days.
My vet advised me that my dog also has conjunctivitis due to the unhygienic conditions in the kennels.

Overall, my bootcamp experience for my dog has been terrible. My dog was clearly put under a lot of stress around strangers who did not know what they were doing!

Do not believe anything these people say!! They're all liars and are just after the money.

Questions? Get answers from the PersonalProtectionDogs staff and other customers.

PersonalProtectionDogs?