Review of PandorasProject

Tel: 612-234-4204
admin@pandys.org

emilyr55
7/5/16
This is one of the few message boards where you can say something, and know that you won't be humiliated or judged for it (and if anybody tries, their post will be deleted). It's a safe place for survivors. I hope people don't listen to the bitter ones below - theirs is not the experience I see on this message board every day.
ms200
7/2/15
I have been part of this community for many years - it honestly saved my life. It was the first place I could say "I think I was raped" and be heard, supported, without judgement. I'm sorry the others above did not have the same experience, though it sounds to me like some drama was involved in one person's experience, and for the other - I certainly hope time has opened the eyes of the woman who believes that sex workers cannot be raped - last I checked, we're all human, and we all have the human right to control of our bodies, no matter what.
elizabethb12
8/22/12
jesus. this is one of the most horrific "self-help" sites around. there are 2 views: the founding trio (to be upheld without question) and others. you can't have your account deleted. if you speak your mind you can't volunteer. They won a 25K grant and still troll members for money.

It used to be a good place but now it's a publicity hound for the founders. . . . .
sf2
8/11/12
Do NOT go here if you are a rape survivor. It is filled with kinky sex stories that I am sure are attractive to predators. Also, as a survivor you will be expected to support LEGAL prostitution or be banned. I think prostitution is part of the problem, not the solution and certainly didn't join a sexual assault support site to read about women "healing" by having sex with strangers and then posting the details. Also, the admin specifically said "prostitution is LEGAL in places, so we allow it".

To be honest, I have no sympathy for legal prostitutes. They CATER to rapists (this is documented fact) and honestly if a person is a legal prostitute then it is NOT rape, but rather "occupational hazard" that should be dealt with with the employer as a "worker's comp" issue. You want people to treat it like a REAL job, right?

Pandora's Aquarium has a very extreme agenda and is NOT a "safe space" for survivors no matter what they say. Save yourself the time being triggered and call a support line or therapist. These postmodern, 3rd wave feminists support "sex work" [ie: catering to rapists and the type of men who pay to have abusive sex with strangers], and as a rape victim I am not NOT comfortable with that.

In fact, in many cases of stranger rape, rapists will claim they thought the "normal" woman was a prostitute in order to make the woman have to defend herself in court (which most women won't do because it is traumatizing and humiliating, and they know it) thereby allowing them to serial rape without consequence. So the VERY EXISTENCE of prostitutes as a class helps many predators to get away with stranger rape. Why the hell would I want to support that?

It is utterly ridiculous to expect survivors to support prostitutes and prostitution. I swear these people are so myopic that they don't realize that perhaps elderly or religiously conservative people get assaulted too, and that the last thing they want to do as survivors is read about the disgusting and pathetic lives of women who call themselves "sex workers". Survivors (some of whom you know, are regular people who aren't prostitutes, and find prostitution abhorrent) be expected (by people who call themselves sexual assault counselors) to put LEGAL prostitution on a pedestal, and call it a valid career choice. Therefore it is absolutely NOT a safe space for ALL survivors, as they so proudly claim.

Questions? Get answers from the PandorasProject staff and other customers.

PandorasProject?