Review of Nomador

Nomador reviews

path197
5/22/18

I had a very bad experience with a Nomador home owner who had a Chateau in France. I corresponded with the owner by email and then via Skype. He was happy with my profile and accepted me as a housesitter in his chateau for 6 months.
Once I had identified a flight, I again contacted the owner Richard, who confirmed that I could go ahead a book my flight to Bordeaux.

I booked my flight and as I wanted to be as honest and transparent about who I was, I sent the owner copies of my ID and Police Clearance. I suddenly struggled to get hold of the owner, by email or by phone.My daughter managed to phone him on her phone. He would not help me with my Schengen Visa application...and basically reneged on the deal. I was in shock and stressed out of my mind!! How could someone do this. I lost a lot of money on my refunded flight and my visa was rejected. An awful experience on my first housesitting assignment.

peterl119
2/6/18

We advertised a house/cat sit on this cat/house sitting site so we could go on vacation while knowing our kitties and home were well looked after.
A couple subscribed to the site committed to coming. It turned out their commitment was not worth anything and made us incur hundreds of dollars of extra costs plus even briefly the chance we would have to lose more and cancel our vacation altogether..
The site Nomador advertises how they build trust and how they will take action if anyone does not fulfill his commitment.
In this case the committed couple produced a long series of ultimately evidencing untrustworthiness:
- it started with their photo not being really a photo of themselves at all, but of some stranger that did not look like them,
- then the conversation progressed in such a way that the woman gave the impression she had already booked flights while shortly thereafter again starting to ask questions about alternate flight dates,
- then we pressed about getting a definite flight date with details and suddenly she told us she had urgent bussines at home and had to temporarily fly back and would come later, but her husband would come on teh agreed dates,
- note that these people needed us, as they wanted to do a famous 200 km hike in our area and leave their bags with us which we agreed to,
- then the husband finally committed to give flight details and we agreed to pick him up,
- however, 4 days before arrival and our departure on vacation he suddenly cancelled with the excuse of a death in the family. We have no problem with a misfortune of an unexpected death in the family, but that is not what happened.
Their father (in law) was 90 years old and had a stroke weeks ago, so they knew that high cancellation risk in advance but never disclosed it to use, obviously since would never have accepted their offer then and they would not have been able to do their hike here. They misled us and had us take a huge financial risk that way.
- Upon telling all this to the Nomador site owners, all they did was say 'sorry, we understand your predicament but we ill not take any action against them'. That they lied mattered nothing to them. So Nomador apparently has no real principles of acting against liars and it taht way exposes its listing users to huge financial risks.

I was planning to take their more expensive paid subscriber membership, but of course passed on that given their support of dishonesty. One's subscriber fee then offers zero protection.

Be very very careful with such sites. It looks like an easy way to arrange for sitters, but in reality you get strangers whose principles you do not know and may not be yours. It does not matter that they check a passport and a bank account statement. Those are not signs of what character these people have.
Also note that such sites make it very easy to hide or manipulate one's reputation with other users. Better get someone you know.

Questions? Get answers from the Nomador staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Nomador