Review of Niroka

12/26/13

Good......

kathyh3
10/28/11

Niroka.com is a fairly new site, that has online video classes. I, unfortunately, was one of their first guinea pigs. After seeing a discounted price for a course on appsumo.com, (the original price was a whopping $200 for 2 single hour video sessions) I signed up for an iphone app development course. The course was labeled iOS Development for Beginners, and it was advertised as a course for complete beginners with absolutely no programming experience. Well, I do have programming experience, (although not in Objective C), and I couldn't follow the class at all. The instructor had a thick accent, which made it difficult to understand, I couldn't see his code examples on the screen, and the video stream dropped 19 times in a single hour. More than half of the class were asking for refunds.

Obviously, this was going to be worthless. The instructor could code, but he was severely unqualified to teach. He did not explain the "why" of anything, so I was really amused when this company sent me an email a few hours later, where they stated........we feel the frustrations that some users expressed in the chat room during Part 1 today. I can not stress how grateful we are that you have tried out our service as one of our first users, and we're disappointed with ourselves for dropping the ball this time with a last minute streaming host switch, poor video/audio quality, and doing a poor job of finding the appropriate audience for our course. We didn't get it right this first time, but we have some more exciting courses we're going to teach in the near future.

Doing a poor job of finding the appropriate audience for the course??? You mean blatant misrepresentation and false advertising? You mean the fact that the course was not designed for beginners at all? And since you did such a poor job with this one, you think I'm going to take another course with you???

Save your money, skip this website. Somebody needs to explain to these people that just because someone can do something, does not mean that they are qualified to teach it. In addition, when you advertise something, people have a funny tendency to believe you.

Questions? Get answers from the Niroka staff and other customers.

Niroka?