National Animal Hospital reviews

Kihei, HI 96753, US
sales@nationalah.com

cheryls132
10/29/17

Everything ok until August. I have an order that they took my money for but never sent the pills. I filed a complaint with the Hawaii Consumer protection agency, but apparently they don't answer either.

glenm49
10/25/17

My dog uses Carprofen (generic Rimadyl) which I've ordered from NAH for over two years--always satisified. Bad reviews don't jive with my experience!!

nicoled91
10/24/17

This does not even warrant a 1 star. HORRIBLE experience still going on since August. Gave them $144, and I have received nothing. Numerous phone calls and emails. Absolutely no response. DO NOT TRUST

sharond126
10/8/17

I was told that you could go online to get a better deal on pet medicine and found that NationaAH.com was very reasonably priced. I ordered my pet's med the first time in May and the shipping that would get it here in a week. I came within a week. I ordered again on 8/25/17 expecting to get it within the same time frame. It is now 10/08. No medication. The disturbing thing is that I emailed back to the sales office after 2 weeks asking when it would come. No response. I emailed again after 3 weeks. No response. I emailed the last time a couple weeks ago. They have not responded to any inquiry I've made.
Then at the time of my first order, I was not asked to create an account that required a user id and password but now I am not allowed to get back on the site without one now. ??? WTH? I have tried finding the NationalAH site but cannot find the site to even look at. Did they go out of business?
If you manage to find the site, do some research or just save your money and go somewhere else.
The NationalAH I ordered from was supposedly located in Hawaii. When I called my bank, the address showed Delaware and the number is 800-818-4303. I'll be calling this number on Monday but have no idea if it is the same company. Something is very rotten here and I'm out nearly $60. My bank is taking this on now.

carolync76
9/25/17

A month after National Animal Hospital said in an email that it would upgrade my shipment, it has not arrived and NAH does not respond to my multiple emails and phone calls. My credit card company tells me it may take up to 60 days for me to receive a refund of $150.80.

I will never do business with NAH again.

peggym48
9/21/17

I have been ordering through NAH for a while with no problems. All of a sudden the customer service went from good to awful. I canceled an order on Aug. 30 and was told the charge of $175.90 would "fall off" my account. I am still waiting. I have left 4 messages and sent at least 3 emails. No one ever responds to me. I would suggest you buy elsewhere. Not sure what is going on there.......

willc54
9/21/17

They used to be good and reply back to emails. Had ordered from them several times before.
Not sure whats going on. Had to dispute charge.

cheryla61
9/20/17

Sometimes you get your order and sometimes you don't. I think if you need something over the counter, you may try this shop but if you need something important and right away, I wouldn't. once I ogt medication in the mail and the next time I didnt and from what I hear, they get some great evaluations and some terrible ones for the same reason. I know sometimes it depends on how fast the vet sends them the order and some vets take forever but in my case I know this was not the case. I stayed up all night with a dog in pain waiting for the medications...for weeks.

katieb110
9/19/17

I called them 3 times and sent them 3 emails all with no response. When you call, you cannot talk to a live person and their website is down. I need a refill on an existing prescription they have and now because I cannot get in touch with them, I had to call my real vet and get them to send another RX to a reputable company. I think this company is a scam. Don't order from them!

kr5086
9/15/17

Just like all the other reviews, I paid, my card was charged and I've received nothing from them! My pet needs his pills and you all just vanished, no return phone calls or emails. Never had problems before until now. It would be really nice to hear from a human that you all closed or went out of business and give me my money back! Horrible place to deal with now!!

wayneg42
9/15/17

Made an order from Natinal Animal Hospital for a refill of my pet's medication on 8/28/17. My Credit card was charged. Its now 3 weeks later and we still haven't received the order. Repeated e-mails and phone call messages have gone unanswered. You can't even go to the website anymore. It won't let you on. It's too bad, because we had been dealing with this company for a few years now and everything was good. Even received an e-mail in July from the company before placing the order to remind us that it was time to re-order. Place the order and then everything went down the hole all of a sudden. Wish somebody there could just send a mass e-mail to the customers explaining what happened. Even if they had to go out of business. Just let us know. Don't just vanish.

lisab391
9/14/17

I ordered and paid for my pets medicine. My credit card was charged, but I am still waiting for the medicine. It's been over a month with no response what so ever. My vet's office has been trying to reach them as well on my behalf. I've emailed. messaged them on Facebook, called. SO FRUSTRATED and feel betrayed. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!

berkt
8/19/17

All I need is a receipt so that I can get reimbursed from our dog's insurance. Polite does not work with the clowns at National Animal Hospital. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Honolulu, and am filing a complaint with Hawaii's Attorney General. This should put an end to National Animal Hospital. The word 'fraud' does tend to get the attention of the State Attorney General.

rickl76
7/14/17

Avoid, They do not answer the phone, do not return your email or voice message. I needed medication for my 17yo dog on time, so please don't count on this place

Response from Brian S., National Animal Hospital Representative
Brian S. [National Animal Hospital Rep] For 1000 reviews from verified shoppers please check out SHOPPERAPPROVED: http://www.shopperapproved.com/reviews/nationalah.com/
brianh226
6/26/17

After placing an order my credit card was charged, but no product was ever received. I called to find out the status of my order and the customer service rep was no help at all, but claimed to have put in a "ticket" to get the product shipped. Weeks later, my order was still never received. I called again, and magically while on the phone with customer service I received an email that my order could not be filled and that the transaction would be voided from my statement. I have still not received a refund. This place is a joke of a business!

jonf43
6/11/17

Was very impressed with the speediness of delivery. This was our first delivery and had to put a rush on the order because we only had a few pills left. Next time, we will allow enough time to have standard shipment. Thank you

joem257
6/9/17

We received our dogs medication faster then expected. They have unbeatable prices! I have done business with other companies and National Animal Hospital is the best!
If you're looking for a great, hassle free pet pharmacy they are your people!

ai1570
5/12/17

Called multiple times to get status of order that they said was "shipped", but a label was just created and never actually mailed according to the USPS tracking number. Called for several days in a row, rep says "Somebody will call you back with the status", they never did. On the last call, I requested the order to be cancelled. The rep confirmed it was, then 4 days later, they shipped the item after I requested it be cancelled because I was forced to shop elsewhere. NEVER NEVER AGAIN, DO NOT PURCHASE HERE

ma57488
5/6/17

Horrible experience. No customer service - could never reach a real person on the phone. I wish I had read the previous reviews. Never did get the meds. Luckily the credit card company is helping!

jenniferl208
4/19/17

I never write reviews but this company was awful. It took over 5 weeks from when they charged my credit card for >$400 of medication for my dogs to the time we recieved it. They did not answer their phone ever except an answering serviceonce or twice and they never once called us back. We got an email saying the drugs had shipped almost right away but the USPS tracking showed they never took possession of the package. Finally, after waiting a couple weeks, then emails and calls, they sent an email saying the drug was on backorder but would be in the next day and sent via priority mail. Nothing happened. More calls and emails, finally got our prescription. I am giving them 2 stars because at least we finally got what we paid for but I will not use them again.

mariannew9
3/31/17

I placed an order with National Animal Hospital at the beginning of March for medication for my dog who is in pain. It's now April and I have not received the medication. My credit card was immediately charged when I placed the order. I've called them everyday this week and 3 times yesterday to inquire. Every time I call, I'm told "ALL representatives are busy" and the call is answered by an answering service. I asked for the name of the answering service and was told I could not know that information. I asked to speak with their supervisor and was told that there was not one. I asked if this animal hospital even really existed and was told they did not know. As soon as the Attorney Generals office in Hawaii opens today, I will be filing a complaint with the Fraud Division and calling my credit card company to cancel payment. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! ! (The only reason I rated them a 1 is because there are no negative numbers offered to choose from. )

chrisb357
3/31/17

On my first order, they contacted the vet that day, the vet faxed the rx and I received it within a week. Second order for renewals...Three weeks ago, not answering emails, no meds, credit card charged, I even mailed the RXs myself to make sure they received them ten days ago. Now trying to fax and fax number isn't even working. Try someone else. They aren't consistent.

joanieg2
3/28/17

Ordered some flea medicine for my cat on Mar. 7. Credit card was charged immediately. Took them two weeks to get in touch with my vet for a new authorization. When they finally did (after I had to contact them, YET again), an email was sent confirming my order had been shipped on 3/16/17. A week goes by before I realize that the medicine still hasn't arrived and I check tracking information and it said it's still in Kihei, waiting for a shipping label to be prepared.Called them and left a message, as well as an email. Gave them consideration due to the time difference and the weekend. However, after 4 attempts to contact them and find out what the hold-up is, nobody has bothered to contact me back. I have been ordering from this place for some time now and have never had a problem up until now. But after reading all the recent bad reviews regarding their customer services, I have begun the charge dispute process with my credit card company and will never do business with this place again.

denniss138
3/13/17

Placed order, received email with USPS tracking # on March 7, 2017, credit card charged same day. Entered tracking # on March 13, 2017 to check on status of the order. Message from USPS same as March 7......."Shipping Label Created" "USPS awaiting item, March 7, 2017, 5:22 PM. Today I have made 4 phone calls (each time getting some answer service) and sent 3 emails.......NO reply to calls or email. Customer service doesn't exist! National Animal Hospital is a JOKE!!

cassandrac16
2/16/17

On January 19th, I ordered my dog's medicine as I have every month for the past year. Prior to this, I had not had any issues with this company, but nothing up to that point had really gone wrong.

In this instance, the medicine was lost in the mail, and we did not notice until we went to give her medicine in the morning and we were out. This was on February 1st. This was not the company's fault, and I recognize this.

I emailed them the morning this happened and immediately spent $85 for a two week supply of medicine for my dog from our vet clinic. (So expensive!) After a full day, I received no response from this company. I called the following day and left a message.

They called me back around dinner time (believe there were timezone differences at play), and immediately tried to start explaining to me why I hadn't received the medicine yet, completely dismissive. I stopped them, and pointed out the shipping information--it was supposed to be delivered a week ago, and it was stuck in Hawaii somewhere. Only when I pointed this out did they concede and offer to reship it to me via 3-day priority mail. That was on February 2nd.

As of February 8th, I had no shipping information and no medicine. I called again, and got a receptionist. She took down my information and said they would call back. Guess what--no call back. But I guess my call prompted them to remember what they committed to do in the first place, and I got a shipping confirmation email that evening.

On February 10th, I checked the shipping information and the package had not been shipped, the label was created but that was it. At this point, my dog was running out of medicine and we had to buy another $85 for a two week supply, after already doing that once before AND spending $70 on medicine with this company that we never even received.

We did not receive the medicine until February 14th, which is completely ridiculous. I cannot believe that a company that claims to have a commitment to animals would so horribly disregard and neglect the health and well-being of my own. If they would have just shipped it when they said it would, we would have had it full week earlier than we received it, I would have never had to leave a negative review. Them avoiding contact all the while added insult to injury. They didn't care and they didn't want to make it right. Thank god I am persistent, or who knows if I would have ever got the medicine OR my money back.

I was just trying to get what I paid for, and they treated me like a hassle. I was firm with every person I spoke to but never rude, never disrespectful, never raised my voice. This is the standard of politeness, I do not need recognition for the way I conducted myself but nevertheless, there was no excuse for them avoiding the problem like they have.

If there's a lesson here, it's this--do not entrust the care of your animals to anyone you do not know and do not trust. Don't be cheap, it's worth it to spend the extra couple dollars and have the assurance that someone cares about your pet's care.

Needless to say, I will never order through this company ever again.

Response from Brian S., National Animal Hospital Representative
Hi Cassandra, I apologize for the delay. We shipped on time but the package was lost by the USPS. Here is the tracking information.
On January 27th the order stopped tracking:

Tracking Number: 9400110200881286811220

Expected Delivery Day: Friday, January 27, 2017

Postal Product: First-Class Package
Service Features: USPS Tracking®
January 25, 2017 , 3:59 am In Transit to Destination The item is currently in transit to the destination as of January 25, 2017 at 3:59 am.
January 23, 2017 , 8:59 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility HONOLULU, HI 96820 January 23, 2017 , 5:05 pm Departed Post Office KAHULUI, HI 96733
January 23, 2017 , 4:31 pm Acceptance KAHULUI, HI 96733 January 23, 2017 , 2:22 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item KIHEI, HI 96753

As soon as we were notified about the problem we reshipped the order with upgraded shipping. The second order was delivered. Here is that tracking information:

Product & Tracking Information Postal Product:
Priority Mail™ Features: Signature Confirmation™ February 14, 2017 , 5:08 pm Delivered HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 Your item was delivered at 5:08 pm on February 14, 2017 in HAZELWOOD, MO 63042.

The item was signed for by C PASTORFIELD.

February 13, 2017 , 12:02 pm Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) HAZELWOOD, MO 63042
February 13, 2017 , 5:52 am Arrived at Post Office HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 February 13, 2017 , 2:56 am Departed USPS Facility HAZELWOOD, MO 63042
February 12, 2017 , 10:53 pm Arrived at USPS Destination Facility HAZELWOOD, MO 63042
February 12, 2017 , 3:12 am In Transit to Destination February 10, 2017 , 8:12 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility HONOLULU, HI 96820
February 10, 2017 , 1:06 pm Departed Post Office KIHEI, HI 96753 February 10, 2017 , 12:24 pm Picked Up KIHEI, HI 96753
February 8, 2017 , 3:35 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item KIHEI, HI 96753

I know it may look like an unnecessary delay from the 8th at 3:35pm until the 10th at 12:24pm until you consider that all orders must be checked by a pharmacist before they are shipped. We always strive for 100% customer satisfaction.

We have over 300 reviews here: http://www.shopperapproved.com/reviews/nationalah.com/ with a average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars and Amost 300 rieviews here with SiteJabber.

Sincerely, Brian

Hi Mariella, We are a US Licensed pharmacy and sell only FDA approved medication. Standard shipping is 5-7 business days and Priority shipping is 3-5 business days

By Brian S., National Animal Hospital Representative

Helpful answer -1

Hi Catherine, When your Veterinarian writes you a prescription, the strength and quantity of the medication will be included, based on the treatment plan from your doctor. Sincerely, NAH Support

By Brian S., National Animal Hospital Representative
Questions? Get answers from the National Animal Hospital staff and other customers.

1 Photo for National Animal Hospital