MysteriousUniverse

MysteriousUniverse has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. MysteriousUniverse also ranks 15th among Radio sites. The most common issues with MysteriousUniverse are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate MysteriousUniverse?

“Rude and vicious hosts”

Debra J.
3/20/16

I purchased a six month subscription to this weekly podcast program. They offer a 1 hour free podcast and for only $9 a month you can join their Plus club and get "huge extensions" to the free show and a "whole new program weekly." First of all, don't expect customer service because they don't provide any. Secondly access to their archives only includes 1 year back. Anything more costs extra. $9.99 a year for access to the free program plus extension and $9.99 a year for the plus program, or only $99 for access to their whole catalogue. Most shows provide access to their archive programs when you subscribe. They also don't have any episodes for the first part of January (2 weeks) because they take it off for holiday. Not even "encore" episodes. Once I started listening to the member programs, I realized that the hosts, Aaron in particular, are rather viciously insulting as part of their humor. They mock other programs, read on air e-mails they get from listeners who complain and make fun of the writer. They also constantly refer to non-subscribers who listen to their free program as "freeloaders" and generally act as if the non-subscribers are somehow trying to deny them a living. When my six month subscription expired, a sent a POLITE e-mail explaining that I wasn't renewing because of the high subscription fee, the non-availability of their archive episodes and because I was offended to be called a "freeloader," as it implied that listening to the FREE show is somehow an attempt to take advantage of them. In reply, "Aaron" sent me a vicious personal attack where he called me "selfish and inconsiderate" and had "ME ME ME screaming so loudly in (my) head" that I couldn't consider that it's not fair to existing users to give access to the archive to new users (who have just paid $60 for the right to call themselves a user, remember). He also stated that "We provide over an hour of FREE entertainment every week and yet it appears you feel we should be denied a living." It was truly a vicious response in total, full of personal insults directed at me. Totally childish and unprofessional. Anyway, I would never pay this guy another dime for any reason. Honestly, after six months I was rather tired of episodes that dealt with kinky sex and sex toys, consciousness expanding drugs and the wonders of technology. I was expecting a little more from the program than it delivered and the intentional viciousness of the host, which he calls joking, made me feel uncomfortable.

debraj12
March 20th, 2016

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MysteriousUniverse staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MysteriousUniverse?

Have a question about MysteriousUniverse?