Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk

Trustpilot
4.3 / 5
Reviews.io
4.7 / 5

Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk has a consumer rating of 3.47 stars from 17 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk ranks 22nd among Price Comparison sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 12 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 63.6%
How would you rate Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk?

“New Roof”

Janice M.
3/2/22

Hugh Stewart from Active Roof and Property Care arrived to remove moss off of my roof. On doing this discovered so many broken tiles that I decided to renew the roof completely. We made a date and decided on a price then it was all go. Hugh arrived back with his team who were a lovely bunch of guys who all worked hard despite weather interruptions with humour politeness and care. I couldn't have asked for better. On completion all was tidied up and you wouldn't have known they had been there apart from my nice new roof. Recommend Hugh to 100%.

“Painting and wallpapering 2 walls”

Ann-Marie m.
4/21/21

Very pleased with service. Kept me informed at every stage and finished job to a professional standard. Liaised with me regarding picking up keys etc as I was living with my aged mother at the time. These are the small details. That make a difference

janicem1282
March 2nd, 2022

mrsw81
May 4th, 2022
Verified purchase

No one replies when I ask for quotes and when they do they are way too expensive

raymondh345
May 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

Initially wanted my conservatory roof insulating, tried the specialist companies who wanted huge money. Put the job on mylocaltoolbox and got a response very quickly from Inland Property and a very competitive quote. Paul and Shane replaced the whole roof, installed 120mm insulation and finished the roof both inside and out to a very high standard for less than half the price of "specialist companies" the job was done very quickly and neatly by two very nice men.

Adam C. – Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk Rep

Thank you for your feedback. We're so pleased you found Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk useful and you found a good roofing company!

annmariem56
April 21st, 2021

Adam C. – Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk Rep

Thanks for using Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk, we're glad you found it useful and you found a good painter & decorator. It looks like you may have accidentally clicked the one star which gives us a negative review. Would you mind changing this to reflect your positive comment please? We'd be really grateful. Many thanks :)

davidk2386
June 4th, 2021

John arrived under 1 hour after i contacted him for a quote the quote given was fair for the 2 days work which was lounge/dinning room and fit arch. John and his team where on time on both days and the work was carried out to a high standard. Once the work was completed John and team clean in and out side and was left tidy. For future customers note when plastering its impossible that the area will not be dusty. Well done to john and his team for a job well done and would highly recommend to future customers. Thank you John and team, please can you make sure john views these comments, thank you Dave.

sergejg1
March 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Good quality, fast and friendly. Lewis (electrician) is very good professional and did his job right.

Adam C. – Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk Rep

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you found Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk useful.

williamw2312
July 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

I looked for an electrician to replace light switches, after receiving quotes, I chose the one most suited to my budget. The worked was completed quickly and efficiently and no mess was left

Adam C. – Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk Rep

Thanks for using Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk. We are so pleased you found the service useful and that you found a good electrician most suited to your budget :)

stuartw188
December 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Job all done ok and it looks OK but still has to dry out and be painted

keitht301
December 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

Think one piece off roofing felt 4by 6 under 1.1/2, hours £1000 pounds I think is over the top

Adam C. – Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk Rep

We are sorry to hear you aren't happy and agree it does sound expensive for the roofing job you have stated. I'm afraid the costs of jobs aren't something we get involved with as it is down to the customer and tradesperson to agree on the cost before the job takes place. We are actually in the process of writing some cost guides for certain jobs to help customers to understand how much on average a job should cost. These will be posted on Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk very soon.

normac196
August 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

The website is marvelous... but when I responded with positive comments of the workmen (no women) it didn't appear to have received my responses!

After awhile it became irritating, as you kept asking me to respond on VERY POSITIVE comments!

Great website for the "1960's OLDIES!"

Norma Charles

julians158
June 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

Job done quickly and fixed the problem well. I would use

suea358
September 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

He came gave an estimate and worked with me. Work is still ongoing

davidh6074
October 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

Workman very polite and did a good job. Couldn't ask for more. Will use again if needed.

jeffr947
November 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Response from a limited number very quick but seemed practical.

jenniferd2231
February 14th, 2022
Verified purchase

I thought I was on a safe website with My local toolbox not realising it's controlled by Rated People. My experience of Rated People is far from good and proved yet again. I I received a quote from someone who ended up ruining my new conservatory roof after lead work to resolve an ongoing leak. Not only did I pay an excessive amount for the work but a week later the leak proved to be no better. Since then I've found out that lead was not used just cheap bitumen which was secured in place with a heat gun. I contacted My local toolbox with full details when the tradesman was ignoring my texts despite a verbal and written guarantee for the work done. I received a sympathetic email back and informed my complaint would be forwarded to Rated People their controlling company. Again a standard sympathetic email but the end result being told that this 'tradesman' was no longer registered with them therefore not their responsibility despite me reminding them that he was registered with them a couple of weeks earlier when he was put in contact with me. This is the second time Rated People have linked me with tradesmen who were not qualified to do work and their vetting system has proved to be very suspect.

moc33
May 30th, 2020

As a tradesman, Please do not join them. They are part of rated people.
They are robbers, dodgy people and sell dodgy leads. Most of the customers are not serious customers.
Same leads published over and over again.
Again stay away.

joee475
March 26th, 2022
Verified purchase

HL LANDSCAPES ARE just a scammer site took my money job not started now will not answer my calls just fraud and scammers totally let down

Adam C. – Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk Rep

We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, we have just sent you an email regarding this.

Questions? Get answers from the Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk staff and other customers.

We help consumers get quotes from tradespeople near them for any job around the house.

Adam C.
Typically responds within 12 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.5
Have a question about Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk?