MSPCA Angell

MSPCA Angell has a consumer rating of 1.8 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. MSPCA Angell ranks 34th among Vet sites.

How would you rate MSPCA Angell?

“I went to the MSPCA yesterday to find a cat to replace...”

betterthings b.
7/9/13

I went to the MSPCA yesterday to find a cat to replace the one I lost last week (she passed away at 19 years of age and had a good life. I am glad I went on the wrong day because the showroom was closed. I jsut ran into this website and i am glad to have found someone who shares my views about the MSPCA. I honestly thnk they are predatory crooks cahsing in on people's love and devotion for their animals. One thing that caught my eye is the many cash registers they have in the lobby - nice and shiny. I tried to adopt a cat there many years ago, but i was discouraged when the bill which kept getting higher and higher unitl it became unaffordable for me. A friend of mine went there about 2 years ago and adopted 2 Poodles for total bill of 316.00 dollars. My point is, you are going in there to save a pet that someone else has abandoned/discared. You are committing yourself to take care of this animal and take it off their hands. Why do you have to pay so much for them? I just so an article about the amount of money the executive and staff make at the MSPCA.- IT IS ASTONISING/ People need to take a good look at this agency, they are a FOR-PROFIT organization and most of us fail to see that. OPEN YOUR EYES!

“Yes, Angell just care how to make money from you pet”

Fook F.
12/3/20

My dog needs to do a surgery, they know you are desperate, they charged you $2,700 for a CT Scan. No one got back to you for a week. You called and compliant to the Management level, end up the same person called you back telling you it's normal that the CT Scan report wouldn't come out until a week. It was a horrible place.

fookf1
December 3rd, 2020

carols2362
October 21st, 2021

MSPCA Angell Memorial Animal Hospital does not care about your animal's condition, only finances. They refuse to treat animals unless you put down a substantial down payment. I've had several experiences with this facility and have not been pleased. One of my animals got hit by a car and before they did anything we were asked to see a financial counselor. The doctor came out and said my animal needed emergency surgery. I asked the doctor what are my animals chances and they said they didn't know. I told her to go back to talk to the surgeon to find out what were my animal's chances of recovery and what type of recovery and rehab is expected.
Well, the doctor went back to the exam room and then came back with the news that it was 50/50 survival and recovery and rehab extensive. So natural we decided it was in my animal's best interest to euthanasia him.
My point is if I had not asked those questions I would have spent thousands of dollars and my animal might have had a miserable and painful life.
The surgeon should have met us and told us what was going on so we could make a rational decision. Instead we were prompted to talk to a financial counselor.
I could add other times that I've spent thousands of dollars for Angell Memorial to run all types of useless test in order to train residents.

betterthingsb
July 9th, 2013

kelseym1
February 17th, 2012

WATCH OUT for this 'organization' people! They cry, beg and plead that they are in dire need of money yet rape pet parents that are trying to get care for their animals. For instance, a 10 minute visit to one vet cost $140 with NO labs, test or diagnostics... JUST A "REFERRAL." There was only an observation and repeat of what the problem was. Another example is >5 minute blood pressures done by a vet tech that cost $50! When the veterinarian was confronted with this astronomical charge she validated it with "equipment and special training." In fact, their Doppler was antiquated and would not be permitted in a human hospital and all the tech does is inflate a blood pressure cuff and listen for the blood return. When the vet was told this she stated "you know this because you are a medical professional... the general public doesn't know this." They are predators of kind people in my opinion that put profits above all else. They also have a poor rating on charitynavigator dot org.

lisat80
July 24th, 2015

How can this org get away with ruining decent honorable pet owners repurations by representing anonymous spite complaints with no discosure of the nature of the complatin? And it's not anonymous on their end as they publicly visit our vets offices in front of all employees and other pet owners. I am devastated by this and as a sr. My health has suffered dramatically. They do not take this seriously. These complaints deserve a fair treatment. And, the anonymous complaint source has a choice to disclose who they are. What does that tell you. I am a sr woman with littel dog I loved more than life and was accused of animal cruelty when my dog had DM, which is a non painful disease. They have ruined my failth and hurt me while I am already in grief. SHAME ON YOU! BULLIES!@! Remember karma And shame on the hospice serice I beieve caused all this pain and suffering to me, I have vets that witnessed my dog who was not in pain when they saw him. I treated my dog with thousands of dollars of meds and care, and I am investigated AFTER my sweet guy is gone. GOd remembers bad people and sick power mongers.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the MSPCA Angell staff and other customers.

A non-profit organization that protects animals, relieves their suffering, advances their health and welfare, and prevents cruelty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MSPCA Angell?

Have a question about MSPCA Angell?