Review of Michelthomas

1 Review From Our Community

tn1
1,552 helpful votes
10/10/09

When I moved to Guatemala for my job, I needed to learn Spanish quickly. Rosetta Stone was way too repetitive, dull and tedious. Pimsleur as well. I came across Michel Thomas's method, by chance, and cannot think of any other way to learn a language. Known as the language teacher to the stars, Michel Thomas has a method that I connected to instantly - one could say it's kind of based on fuzzy logic at times. Generally, though, the method breaks up a language into pieces, and through seemingly real lessons with real folks, Thomas presents those pieces to you in a way that builds on your previous knowledge. By the end of a track, you've learned something new and can apply it in everyday conversation. I still have yet to get through my advanced lessons, but it's clear there's a sequence (present tense, basic sentences to past/past participle sentences with varying structures, etc.) and any repetition is deliberate and purposefully layered on things previously learned in the course.

Questions? Get answers from the Michelthomas staff and other customers.

Michelthomas?