Mcleanministries.org

Mcleanministries.org has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Mcleanministries.org?

“Spiritually abusive”

Don R.
10/11/21

I had a very damaging experience with Clay McLean a long time ago. I was in an extremely desperate situation, didn't know what to do, and was earnestly seeking hope. And I thought that Mr. McLean might have been able to help me. Well, not only did McLean not help me, he was unbelievably verbally abusive and condemning. The Bible says that ministers are to be gentle, but McLean was anything but that. At best, he was extremely condescending. He started off with a token "I feel your pain," but then basically started to berate me and tell me what a horrible sinner I was. I was absolutely stunned—his spiritual and verbal abuse was the last thing I was ever expecting. He actually made Job's friends look like saints in comparison. And it felt like I had merely been casting pearls before swine. As Jesus pointed out, "By their fruits you will know them." Looking back, I can see that McLean was actually projecting his own issues onto me. In other words, every thing that he accused me of was, I believe, a serious problem in his OWN life. What's more, his vicious verbal abuse almost drove me to suicide. It's a miracle, in fact, that I survived it. It's also interesting that, as a so-called Christian minister, McLean did not ONCE offer to pray for me! Addressing this serious matter in her book "Sealed Orders," Christian author Agnes Sanford wrote that she knew of four instances in which a deeply troubled person went to a minister for help, failed to receive any prayer at all, and then never came home again. And unlike McLean, those ministers weren't necessarily abusive—they just did not pray. Think about how much worse it would be to receive abuse on top of that! Trust me—it's absolutely horrific. One time in an interview, author Leanne Payne stated that if McLean (who was one of her associates) hadn't gotten healing, he might eventually have killed somebody. Well, from what I experienced with him, I totally believe that! McLean is the most abusive minister I've ever dealt with. And ever since my traumatic encounter with him, I've found it extremely difficult to trust ministers again. Spiritual abuse also makes it difficult to trust God again. As we all know, one of the hallmarks of Christ's teaching was the Golden Rule. If McLean himself had been in an extremely desperate place, seeking some ray of hope, would he have wanted to be treated the same way he treated *me*? I can say without hesitation that the answer is a big fat NO! Another thing to keep in mind is that McLean named his ministry after himself. Well, that's the epitome of narcissism. Whenever ministers do that, they are basically promoting *themselves*, not Christ. I've never seen an exception to this. So, that's another red flag—stay away from ministers who name their ministries after themselves. And besides the outright narcissism, they are actually the CEOs of their own organizations, meaning they answer to NO ONE but themselves. However, all ministers are supposed to be accountable to other leaders in the Church, so such a "ministry" is completely unbiblical. Ronald Enroth, who wrote the book "Churches That Abuse," puts it like this: "All that is needed for abuse is a pastor accountable to no one and therefore beyond confrontation." That describes McLean exactly. In another of her books, Agnes Sanford offers this humorous advice: "If we pray for the gift of wisdom, we may know by God's grace what manner of praying people to avoid. Yes, I do avoid some of them. I flee as from the plagues of Egypt." Well, McLean is one of those people to flee from! So, please stay far away from McLean and his "ministry." While I forgive him for his abuse, I definitely want to warn others.

miker1376
October 11th, 2021

Questions? Get answers from the Mcleanministries.org staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mcleanministries.org?

Have a question about Mcleanministries.org?