Review of MassageExchange

Tel: +1-650-276-7145
support@massageexchange.com

randyk97
3/6/19

This site is one giant cash grab. With no filtering of messages most women on the site are bombarded with requests from people with no intention of getting a massage. So they turn off messaging and select email only. They also rarely upgrade, according to the website itself. This means you have to purchase the highest tier subscription to have any hope of making contact. As only that level allows replies from free members.

It's not all bad. Search functionality is good. With lots of useful filters. And their are a good number of members on the site overall.

matthewv61
2/22/19

Massage Exchange is one of the genuine website which I have seen for the first time. Not like other dating website which has take profile only to make money.

alext191
1/25/19

I have used massageexchange.com for close to 6 years, in both New York and California. I have found it to be a convenient and expedient way to find like-minded enthusiasts of reciprocal massage and sensual touch.

Simply put, you can look at people's profiles, their self-assessed skill level, and their experience level, and choose whether or not to contact them for a massage. On the other end of that same equation, you can be the recipient of a request for a massage exchange from a member who has been intrigued by your profile, and you can choose, based on their profile, whether or not to accept the offer of an exchange.

The typical exchange occurs in one of the two people's homes, and the typical flow is one person receives a massage, and the other administers it. Then the situations are reversed. Of course, the dynamic is malleable and can be modified as circumstances dictate.

I probably set up an exchange on this site about once a month at most. Nevertheless it has almost always been a positive experience. Conversations are held via email onsite as to what expectations are, what expertise levels are sought, what the balance of sensual and therapeutic touch will be. By the time the massage begins, each person has a pretty good idea of what to expect and how the next hour or so will transpire.

There are many people on the site who have been active for quite some time, and that is perhaps the best testament that it works well for those who use it. The only way to know if it works for you is to give it a try. You may be surprised how satisfying it can be, and the your own expertise in administering massages will increase significantly with every new exchange you experience.

After reading other reviews, I would add to this review that the free service is nearly worthless. I'd encourage anyone to give the site a trial run on the paid subscription level so that you can truly enjoy the benefits of mutual massage. The free service will only frustrate your efforts and probably turn you away from what is a very handy tool for discretely finding local people to enjoy both sensual and therapeutic touch with.

alang192
1/16/19

Here you get to list who you are, what you're looking for, and connecting. Of course the free members can only connect with gold members, but you can start free and upgrade later. I do wish the site allowed you to see the color of the member before you email them, because if you're anything other than gold, black members can't read it, and if you're silver, you can only communicate with silver and gold. So to save time and effort, I'd like to be able to see the color of the star of the member. Beyond that, the site is amazing. Classified by location you set, you can exchange with people all over the world. Great for traveling and looking for a massage. The experiences have been incredible. Take the adventure....enjoy the journey!

alang183
10/27/18

I found MassageExchange almost 10 years ago with the hope of finding other massage enthusiasts to help improve my skills and to find a community who desire to learn and grow in the art of massage. In the process, friendships can be formed that transcend country borders.

The review feature allows each party the ability to constructively critique one another's ability and where work can be focused. I've even been able to attend massage clinics teaching hands-on techniques in many different modalities.

I would recommend MassageExchange to anyone who is serious about improving the health and well-being of others. And the wonder it does for yourself as well.

davidd792
9/11/18

I have been a member of this website for several years it's always a good way to find a great Massage exchange partner.

lewisw49
8/21/18

The site is a little expensive for what you get, but the folks that I've met over the years have been friendly and the experiences are mostly good. It is a good way to meet friends for a massage exchange, and it does a good job of vetting.

johnc1703
8/14/18

I have met some of the most wonderful people through massageexchange.com
I am constantly in awe of the level of friendliness and expertise exhibited and shared by total strangers. This is truly a community of amazing people who believe in and live the massage lifestyle. Whether you are 40, 50, 60, 70 or 80, consider joining this group -- I believe we have discovered the fountain of youth!

Tip for consumers: You can start for FREE! Some folks consider this site expensive, but it pays for itself (if you work it) with a handful of FREE massages.
John Cise
ATXmassage4men
Austin, Texas

johnr1068
7/5/18

I am a fairly new member and have been anonymously communicating with massage professionals and enthusiasts around the world. Locally I am communicating with ME members in my area and setting up free massage exchange dates. The search function is efficient and locates your filtered preferences of partners by city and distance radius. Perfect site for travelers looking to exchange in various locations. The site is monitored for fraudulent posters which are promptly removed. There is a free membership option, but only paying members can communicate with all members. Although it does take some time and effort to find the right massage partners, it is rewarding and worth the membership fee. It is also a very good excuse to get fit and loose weight. Happy ME gold member Stressbuster56.

doch27
6/28/18

We just had a very positive exchange, our first, with someone from the site. It took some time, some money, and some effort to make things work, find the right "fit", etc. etc. But in the end we did, and we would not have been able to do it without MassageExchange. So we recommend highly.

robertp691
6/26/18

I've been a member for many years and met wonderful people on this site, some have become lasting friends. While there is so much more to us than bodies, the care and nurture of our bodies is super important to overall health--the basis of it as I see it. Massage Exchange helps this healing interaction to happen. Being able to host yields the greatest satisfaction in my experience.

johnh1243
5/11/18

This seems to be the best site out there for massage trades. I was a member of another website but nothing ever came of it. This site seems to have more active members. I will say that I agree with the other comments that the site is a bit expensive. It would be nice to see some on site advertising to lower the cost to communicate with other members. All in all, it has been good so far as I have had 3 massage trades in about a months time.

frankh127
4/19/18

I personally think that the cost for membership is a bit high (the reason why I gave a 4 star), but it does keep out those who are looking for more than a massage.
I hope you don't go to advertising because that just irritates me having to deal with products and services that are not related to the site and I find them distracting from the real reason why I joined the site and that is to have a massage.
If you had to advertise, I would create different prices for the three target groups you have on the site so charge different prices for the novice, the students and the trained. If you want to charge more for the trained to advertise that would be great for the professional because then they can offer their massage services at a cost if anyone would like to pay for a massage and not give a massage.
The site is very well planned out, it's easy to navigate. I just joined and I already had two massages from novices and they did a good job, not a professional job but they had good intentions and they learned a few tips for my professional training.
I was hoping to see more trained professionals on the site or students but I think it might be the cost to join that's discouraging that target audience.

cdcraigm
4/12/18

I think it would have better reviews if they made their money on advertising and less on the actual users. They are offering a free service, so paying $$$ for a free service to the user doesn't make sense. Even if they wanted to charge just the men on the site, I think people would be more happier with the product. The site is and looks very professional, but I believe people would have a better outcome if they made it free for all and just advertise to make their money. It is a quality site, so I am sure they can make decent money with advertising. I paid for 6 months so wish me luck.

robertb580
2/23/18

After only a day on this site, I exchanged a massage with a professional massage therapist and it was awesome. Well worth the membership fee. Its free to join but to answer emails there is a fee, so in order get the best use of the site, pay the fee. I am super happy with MassageExchange.

fredisk
2/1/18

I have used massageexchange.com a number of times and I've had great experiences. The site works well in identifying locals where I'm a travel and in my own geographic area. The people I have met have been very nice and have provided terrific massages. I use the site over and over again. Highly recommend it.

nadeemn2
1/29/18

is ther any community in Riyadh saudi arabia i will become a member if any one available i like website with very good reviews.

Response from Ken G., MassageExchange Representative
We have many members in Riyadh.
chipc9
1/17/18

I have been a member of the website for approximately five years. During that time I have conversed with and met many individuals regarding massage exchanges. Like all social media sites; one must do your own "due diligence" regarding the person with whom you are corresponding. Effective communication is the key - along with having a DETAILED profile. Members with just a few sentences in their profile are usually not a good contact. My membership has permitted me to make some nice friends with whom we trade on a regular basis. This is so much cheaper than hiring professionals. A lot of "amateur" massage enthusiasts are pretty good at an exchange. TELL the person what you want: "more pressure", "slow down". Give it a try...after a couple of trades, the membership fee pays for itself.

joem298
11/21/17

Ken from MassageExchange replied to my review. Several falsehoods in his reply. First off being just outside Philadelphia does not make my location some far away land or in the boonies as he suggested. He said I had not been a member and that is accurate, BUT as I was trying to find reviews of providers in my area, none were coming up. Only individuals thousands of miles away were noted except for a very few out of state. Like I said, when I contact them, they were perplexed on why that was. Makes two of us.

Tip for consumers: Stay away. May as well use the money to start a bonfire. Better results.

Response from Ken G., MassageExchange Representative
Patiently spoke to this person on the phone for about 20 minutes. His sole concern was that the people *near him*, apparently a remote location, had no reviews. No, we were not baffled; it's quite normal. I pointed to the over 10,000 positive reviews around the world (https://www.massageexchange.com/reviews/view.asp), but he didn't want that, he wanted to see reviews for members in his city. So he decided for some bizarre reason that we were fake. Hardly. The person has never been a participating member of our site - he's never contacted anyone! His review is unfair and unfounded.
lizm93
11/16/17

I have been a member of this site for over 4 years, and have met many genuinely lovely people from here, who are all interested in the same thing.. Meeting up to exchange a relaxing massage.

It's a safe space that allows you to get in touch with like minded people.

Would recommend it. 5 stars

alann88
11/10/17

I have been a member of Massage Exchange for some time now. The site is laid out well. Have quite a lot of success in meeting over members too. Well worth a look at yourself.

mikem571
10/24/17

I have been a member for several years and have had lots of fun and relaxing massage exchanges with some great guys.

paulm468
10/21/17

Member since 2011 Massage Exchange has enabled me to extend my experience, knowledge and skills. I been able to meet some interesting people that I would not otherwise had the opportunity due to my busy shedule.

robertr303
9/30/17

Very expensive site for what you get. Many times you receive emails and after you reply your reply is unread because the massage exchange site wants more money. I will not be renewing my subscription after it expires. I would not recommend the massage exchange wedsite to anyone.

Response from Ken G., MassageExchange Representative
A subscription is all that's necessary to communicate. The comment about "wanting more money" makes no sense since there's nothing else needed beyond a subscription. Member should contact our support staff to receive assistance.
joshj30
6/20/17

As my title says really,, the benefit does not out weigh the cost,- in my experience.
Maybe they need to look at lowering the cost and increasing membership,,

Response from Ken G., MassageExchange Representative
MassageExchange.com is more about sharing than getting. MassageExchange.com is for people that like to meet new people and getting together for a naked afternoon of massage sharing. A 3-6 month MassageExchange.com membership is actually the same or lower cost than receiving one massage at most massage centers. See what over 10,000 of our members think here: https://www.massageexchange.com/reviews/view.asp

Visit Help -> Tips for Success from the top menu bar (or http://www.massageexchange.com/tips/profile-analysis.asp) for advice based on your account and profile.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Currently, I see that there are 1322 members near Hoston. See https://www.massageexchange.com/massage/United_States_of_America/Texas/Houston.asp However, the only way to see your matches - those members that match your criteria, and you theirs - is to create an account.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Create an account on MassageExchange.com, or login to your existing MassageExchange.com account, and click the large red Search button. See more details here: https://www.massageexchange.com/tips/how-we-work.asp

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

A: Support questions are best directed to our site staff, not this review site. Click HELP in the top menu at massageexchange.com to view common questions and answers or to contact our staff. In any case, if you've forgotten your password, click "Forgot Password" on our login page.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Contact MassageExchange.com support via the HELP link at the top menu, then click the blue "E-mail us" button.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

MassageExchange.com is a world-wide community interested in exchanging free massage. Our members include professionals, students, and non-professionals.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Go to https://www.MassageExchange.com and click "Login" (top right). If you've forgotten your username and/or password, click the "Forgot Username or Password?" button.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Members want to get to know you before jumping naked on a table. As such, it can take several weeks and many e-mails before a partner is comfortable with you. If you have a profile photo, that helps significantly. Photo-less members, understandably, have a tougher time of it. Location matters - Are there sufficient people near you or are you in a remote location? Click 'Search' to see matches near you. Gender matters too. A Male seeking Male will connect far faster than a Male seeking Female because women tend to be far more cautious. So to answer your question: Male seeking Male with Photo - 1 month should work out fine if there are a lot of matches near you. Male seeking Male without a Photo - 1 month success maybe about 50% or so. Male seeking Female - I would not recommend a 1 month membership. It's insufficient time to make a connection. - Ken, MassageExchange.com Support Guy

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Bartering other goods or services is not really the purpose of our site. Its for massage friends.

By Ken G., MassageExchange Representative

Questions? Get answers from the MassageExchange staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MassageExchange