Man Commercial Protection

Man Commercial Protection

Man Commercial Protection has a consumer rating of 1.87 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Man Commercial Protection also ranks 48th among Home Security sites. The most common issues with Man Commercial Protection are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

No positive highlights yet

• The staff at their head office and the director have left a very negative lasting impression on us.
  • I've had nothing but trouble with this company during my time.
How would you rate Man Commercial Protection?

“Best Company Ever”

Lauren E.
6/30/20

I have nothing but lovely comments for this company, I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work, I love my job! The company continues to grow and provides a 5-star service, I've been made to feel welcome from my very first day and all your hard work never goes unmissed, it's clear they value staff members as well as clients and suppliers providing 100% customer service I cannot wait to see what the future brings and look forward to many years with the company.

“Look elsewhere”

Simon B.
1/22/20

After reading many other reviews I have managed to pluck up some courage and speak out about MAN. I imagine MAN appears to be a great company externally and from the top. Sadly their initiative s and/or outlook doesn't filter through the company. Staff/lower tier management are grossly over paid for what they do due to middle layers of unnecessary management. They promise the earth without having the tools, resources or ability to carry through.

head office (4) company (11)
chriss2075
February 24th, 2020
If your ever unfortunate enough to work for this company just like my cousin, make sure you check your pension and login regular. I worked for MAN around five years and I also discovered they was withholding deductions taken from my wages.

They never paid them over to the scheme providers, on the odd time the did it was never as much they took off me. In many cases MAN either failed to pay them in full, or did not pay them at all.

I have since over heard colleagues complaining that they are also short in their pension pot, so this is still going on after it was reported twice by the Manager of the government scheme.

One poor bloke worked for MAN over two years and they never paid his pension deductions across for the whole duration of his employment two solid years between 2017-19 surname Hussain.

Another woman was owed $500 then I found out three others reported them to the pension regulators. What also makes me suspicious about this company is how it deals with grievances, because the bosses wife is in charge of Human Resources.

She came across as the wannabe husbands gangster materialistic type who likes 4 or 5 exotic holidays a year and never at her desk leaving the automated reply in to emails and enquiries.

I recommend to be very wary doing business with them because of the shady behind the scenes behavior. The letters below from 2016-17 confirm my review and prove I worked for them just in case they say thus person has never worked for us.
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep
As per the below - This individual has never worked for MAN Commercial Protection Ltd. We are aware of an ex-employee placing fictitious reviews. Please disregard. Our solicitors are dealing with these.
richardb2139
July 17th, 2020
Very very bad company unprofessional people. HR department is dishonest very corrupt ignoring procedures to suit them. Stay away from these people.
Hi Richard,
We would love to investigate the above for you, could we kindly request you contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484 to enable us to conduct an investigation for you.
brettc119
June 16th, 2020
I recently done some research on MAN & read it's financial public records filed at companies House for 2018 & came across this article printed through insider media.com 13:2: 2020. It's now very apparent that MAN Commercial was in big trouble during 2018 financial year in debt by £67,606 & this explains why they decided to keep hold of employees pension contributions delaying & with-hilding 37 scheduled payments according to the Trust@ NEST Corporation. ( Yes 37 not 1 or 2) This dishonest behaviour was not a mistake or office computer error as they kept saying at the time, even trying to blame NEST.

Suggesting that it was them that lost several bulk payments. Company kept telling lies & spinning untrue stories with no substance, in the hope it could fob off terrified staff asking questions worried about reprisals & losing their jobs. All this money they took out of employees wages never paid across on time was sitting in MAN Commercial Bank account & later used used to offset some of the companies debts.

Arrogantly MAN still deny any involvement & believe their own lies, even when all the evidence is stacked up against them l. I frleel sorry for anybody who got brain washed in believing that this is a well founded company. They have morals lower than a snakes belly & only care about lining its own pockets.

Really thankful for sites like this " sitejabber one of the best platforms on the market to expose rogue traders like MAN Commercial Protection " especially when you can back up your post with uploaded 100% verified articles. Some of this stuff may seem trivial, but when it comes to genuine abuse of power & Bullying, MAN Commercial takes the Jaffa cake in every aspect & you should avoid them never work for them. Company needs to be dismantled by the security industry authority & lose its approved contractor fake status title. MAN Commercial is a bad example of a how a security company should be run with all the dispicable rotten things gone on over the years & still happening today.
Hi Brett,
All of our company records including financial are in fact published on the government website you are correct. Should anyone wish to look into this further they will see your claims above are not the case, however we would love to discuss your review further should you wish to log a formal complaint we can conduct a full and thorough investigation into the above.
MAN Commercial do not accept bullying within the workplace and have taken your comments very seriously.
Please contact our 24 control room on 0121 733 8484.
jasonw782
April 8th, 2020
I think my search for alternative work is going well and come at the right time. Now that MAN are unable to do any festivals or large gathering events such as football stewarding, most of its summer work is going to dry up.

The events industry is a complete right off this year for 2020. That's certainly the feedback I have been given from people who plan all the jobs at head office who have said Glastonbury is cancelled.

It's a real shame because I lived getting paid to listen to music and a free suntan. The boxing venues was ok and working at Star City, but most places are closing down, so this profession is not needed for the foreseeable future and I really hope MAN Commercial Protection don't go bump or is dropped to its knees by all the chaod.

Shops, bars and restaurants can't afford to pay for security services when they are making no money. I remember last time we had a crisis MAN Commercial never paid its staff that worked on the Carrillion building sites, so please be cautious doing loads of hours for them expecting to be paid if a contract goes bust.

My elderly colleague called them today very concerned about self isolating, but MAN ignored him not returning his cal about the coronavirus crisis after anxiously waiting all day long. Then today I noticed they was advertising in a desperate manner for guards to cover extra shifts unprotected at Amazon warehouses.

Don't even be tempted by the measley extra £2 an hour they are offering. Nobody unless stupid is going to risk their health/career just to cover a couple of shifts for MAN who are only in pursuit to make profit. The chances of catching a virus through cross contamination is extremely high because Amazon deals with a lot of parcels.

Be safe and stay at home rather than take any unnecessary risks and good luck for the future.
Hi Jason,
Unforutantely due to current pandemic all public events have come to a holt this year along with certain industries temporarily closing, however during the current pandemic all our workers have been provided alternative work with the correct protective equipment and following government guidelines, due to being key workers the company demand has increased during this period due to supplying staff to Covid testing sites, hospitals. Delivery services and much much more so very sorry to here you feel this way.
Our HR department have worked around the clock to ensure each individual affecting or isolating during the current pandemic were spoken to, our personal touch is something we pride ourselves with being a family run business.
Should you wish to discuss any of your comments further please contact our 24 control room on 0121 733 8484 to allow us to conduct an investigation for you.
mohammedh74
December 10th, 2019
MAN commercial should think long and hard before it starts boasting on social media about winning prestigious contracts. Very foolish and cocky approach in these uncertain times. Security work is a cut throat business with lots of competition and small profit margins. Any thing can happen in 2020 with so many predicted government increases and frozen corporation tax staying at 19%! Minimum wage will 100% rise from £8.21 to £8.75 according to the low pay commission. All security providers as from January 2020 must provide training and pay for compulsory first aid certificates to all new employees on the sia website. Tax, fuel and living cists all expected to dramatically rise. I think a good reshuffle is needed at Head Office same advice they gave to me when they suddenly pulled me off a job without warning thinking they was clever breaching employment laws. It will be interedti g to see how this company copes with all the additional costs coming its way in the new year.
Hello Mohammed,
We would like to look into the above further for you.
To enable us to address your comments please do feel free to contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484.
seanm478
September 10th, 2019
Its one of those companies that's full of deceit & dishonest practices. Previously caught out fiddling & delaying employee pension contributions 2016/17. Keep your eye on these & you must no way believe or trust a word they say because they are compulsive liars. I've provided copies of credible evidence, so to be absolutely sure showing the old letters we all received from NEST pension providers signed by the manager, saying he reported MAN Commercial Protection Ltd to the Pensions Regulator twice. Loads of scams ongoing with this security firm as employees always complaining about unauthorised deductions in wages with missing shifts & Holiday pay. Makes me think what else they are scheming... See attached letters
craigm373
October 23rd, 2019
Avoid this company lime the plague... I was lucky I got put with a great team. Site manager really nice, colleagues I totally respect.THE only problem was wodking for man commercial, they even gave us a 2p (yes two pence raise) They messed people around with tax codes, also a major worry and scary sad state of affairs was having to chase your employer to pay over your hard earned money that was missing from your retirement pension pot. I hope they lose the contract and my former work friends get a decent company to work for. They are a joke. Avoid at all costs too many problems...
Hi Craig,
Very sorry to hear the above.
Should you wish to discuss this further we'd love to look into this for you please contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484.
andym312
August 19th, 2019
Man commercial protection are posting fake 5 stars reviews all over the internet to falsely promote the company. I recognised each one by name who all work at their corrupted head office in Solihull. These people only been at company a few weeks persuaded to write iffy reviews not even picked up first months wage slip.Other fake 5 star posts seem to be appearing frequently funny enough after MAN gives out £25 shopping vouchers to its hand picked favourite staff. The company then tries to justify this by saying its a reward for crossing old ladies across the road.Its just another rotten scam and cheating way to manipulate disadvantage d low paid staff.
peterc450
July 23rd, 2019
I hope others can be spared anything to do with this company after the experiences I've had with them. Trying to learn a new job on a busy site was a nightmare. The guard supposedly training me was giving me all the wrong advice thinking I was taking his job. Kept saying I was unsuitable and the managers are watching me on CCTV. By the end of my half day training ing I was a bag of nerves desperate to go home, never ever wanting to return.
mohammedm68
May 27th, 2019
I've been left in astonishment by MAN, s attitude towards our site and our employees. The staff at their head office and the director have left a very negative lasting impression on us. Following notification of termination MAN refused to provide basic TUPE information during the tender stage and wanted the guards to pay £50 each for their personal file. We tried a few times to sort the problem out with their HR department, but they did not acknowledge our complaint. When the contract ended the director rang me up expressing his disappointment. I was very sincere with him and told him about the problems we had experienced and he put the phone down on me. Makes me wonder and question a lot of things about them including dodgy reviews they keep putting on the internet all with the sane words either ' I have worked or it's great company.
bobs604
February 2nd, 2019
Be warned MAN Commercial has one of the worst administration departments messing up staffs wages and short changing employees pension payments. I've had nothing but trouble with this company during my time. They have caused me untold stress having to chase them constantly for large amounts of money that they owed me. I would not be able to say this is a good company or refer them as a satisfactory reliable firm after experiencing so many negative untrustworthy things. They push away good staff because they treat them so badly. I am glad other people have come forward because they are getting away with outrageous behaviour. For many reasons they have also left a very negative lasting impression on me and this reflects how I feel about them and my reasons for such a bad honest review.
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep

Questions? Get answers from the Man Commercial Protection staff and other customers.

MAN C.
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Man Commercial Protection?

Have a question about Man Commercial Protection?