Review of Malwarebytes

policies@malwarebytes.org

6 reviews with 3 stars

georgef176
11/11/18

It used to be amazing when it was on V2. Now it interferes too much. It locks you out of harmless websites for no reason and throws annoying pop-ups that also interfere whenever you're gaming or working.

robertl324
1,167 helpful votes
2/26/18

I actually kno little about the dot org one except it's in Canada, and Malwarebytes.com is in California. The later is the one I know and like, but this one has terrible reviews, and yet I see some of the same ones it Both Places!

That's the main reason for this review; to clue people that these two separate companies are being confused...And yes .COM has no phone customer service, but thru email I got fast and good service, while this .ORG one does, and from the reviews is useless.

Obviously they are Not the same, so check out Malwarebytes . COM, the one in California.

andreaj63
9/22/17

I'm angry because this incredible product is annoying the piss out of me. EVERYDAY i have to click on a pop up that I don't want to upgrade. It should remember this and not constantly ask me upon every start up. I'm uninstalling this product and looking for an alternative, which pisses me off more because of how good the product is.

johns1810
6/27/17

I love Malwarebytes and would recommend it to anyone, with one caveat. This otherwise fine software has a chronic HORRIBLE problem with a BROKEN NOTIFICATION mechanism that causes popups to appear constantly, even when your version of the app is completely up-to-date. If, as I do, you need to do screen capture videos, this will ruin you work. Contrary to assurances on the Malwarebytes website IT CANNOT BE CONFIGURED. A very sad defect in an otherwise nice product. Buyer beware.

georgel98
4/24/17

I have pre-paid Premium version for a two year period.
what I dislike (read - HATE) is the fact that when I end up on a website that they deemed "unsafe", I have to jump through loops and hoops to give myself access to that site since I know for a fact that is safe!!
All we need is button that after a warning, allows us to continue to that website because that what we want not prevent us regardless because that what you think needs to happen!
Overall the paid version is ok. Would I renew my subscription? NO WAY IN HELL!

robertj128
3/22/16

If this company can rewrite the software for an update, why can't they write the program to remove the old software at the same time? You can't download the new unless you remove the old. When you remove the old how do you get to the site to upload the new/? It sucks!

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.

If you get an email eluding to something you've done on your computer, then YES. If you have Windows, go to task manager, go to the Processes tab and read every line. Look for a suspicious process (unsigned) running on your computer. Google Search anything you don't understand, or are unfamiliar with.

By Nan M.

MalwareBytes is installing Windows 10 files in to incompatible Systems. If you HAVE Windows 10, and still get hosed, please let me know. Thanks. Nan

By Nan M.

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.

Questions? Get answers from the Malwarebytes staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes?