Review of Jobungo

Tustin, CA 92782
mail@jobungo.com

nixerr
11/4/17

Never signed up to this crowd, load of BS, daily emails clogging up my inbox, marked as spam and rejected.........

courtneyd28
10/5/17

Like all of the other reviewers mentioned, this job website just started sending unsolicited emails to me. Spammers all the way.

scottl125
10/3/17

SHUT DOWN THIS FRICKING COMPANY!!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! THE WORST SPAMMER I HAVE ENCOUNTERED!!!!!!!!!!11

niallj4
9/24/17

Unsolicited and an utter waste of time. Jobungo is like a Monty Python sketch...SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

rodneyg19
9/11/17

Like others, I didn't signup for jobungo but get daily emails . The location jobungo is searching is not near my location and I can't find how to change the location for jobungo's search. So I get useless daily emails and the jobs are not what I am searching for and are beneath my education and experience. :(

alicec94
8/8/17

I never signed up with this company. Never even heard of them. Haven't looked for work in any form for over two years. But now they're sending me daily emails for jobs that are way beneath my expertise and experience.

amandac182
6/21/17

I did not sign up for anything and started receiving job emails with info on jobs I have no interest in. I am now going to mark as spam and delete. Thanks to everyone else on here for sharing your experiences!

richb49
5/2/17

Unsolicited emails about jobs nowhere near my location. Never signed up or heard of them before I started receiving emails. Their unsubscribe link doesn't work...surprise, surprise...and to cap it all they cant even get my name correct!!!

mt91
8/10/16

Total spammer/never signed up, won't go away; insidious phishing! Enordinate volume of mail daily!

mosaye
6/1/16

Don't click unsubscribe!

karlh21
4/23/16

Not a real job service. Just spamming in volume to all email addresses.

nancym113
4/10/16

Never signed up with these guys and suddenly they, and a bunch of other domains, are spamming me.

ashelyd1
3/1/16

Parent company is restoration media!

joej67
2/2/16

Suddenly getting a pile of email from these jerks as well as several other "job" sites. SPAM!

tomasr18
1/16/16

I never visited their site and I never signed up for anything.

All of a sudden they started spamming me.

There is no contact information for them.

mikes321
9/26/15

I too have been receiving bogus email from these sites. I did some research and both of them pick up their mail from ups mailboxes. They could be just starting out, but they seem fake.

terryk37
8/30/15

I've received 10 Emails a day from jobungo. I'm disabled & cannot work. I have no reason to use this website. Watch out people something wrong. Read these reviews. You still might hear from them.

annb48
5/20/15

I never signed up for jobungo. They must have gotten my information from another job search website or fake application. Besides the spam emails, I received a phone call from a woman saying I had applied for a job through Jobungo (which I had not) and that I was qualified for a program to received funding to go back to school. The whole phone call was fishy and scripted. She wanted information. She gave me a call back number with a different area code than the one she called from. When I googled the number, it came up as being from Bangladesh. Avoid Jobungo.

lorenm23
4/3/15

As with the others reviewing this company, I received unsolicited email from Jobungo. I opened it on a non-internet-connected test machine, and found that the company uses amazonses.com as a mail sender, which provides the sender some ability to bypass traditional SPAM traps, in part by allowing the sender to seem as if the email is coming from a trusted service. The email claimed it had a number of jobs to recommend to me, with job titles which track closely to those in other job services I have legitimately subscribed to. Looking at the headers, I see several links to "unsubscribe" options, but as I have not subscribed -- and in fact had not heard of the company prior to this point -- I found this somewhat suspicious.

Viewing an included link in a sandbox session, I was surprised at the amount of information included in the source -- including a link to my Facebook account! Moreover, the page itself, but for what seemed like dozens of scripts, contained a blank frame with the header, "Here are the jobs we've found for you."

This is clearly SPAM, and it may also be a scam of some sort. I know I have no intention of using this "service" for any legitimate job search, and I would suggest others be wary as well.

Tip for consumers: Make sure your spam filters are up to date, and that unsigned scripts are blocked.

amyf21
2/13/15

I give them an overall rating of 1 because you cannot give them 1/2 a star or below. They sent me a cover letter that was less involved than the one that I wrote myself and looked as though it had been downloaded from the internet. Their work is shabby and unprofessional. They didn't spell check or look over information before sending me the draft. It had someone else's phone number. I sent them an email detailing all the errors that they made in writing my cover letter (including leaving the signature line as "Input client" rather than putting my name in the spot) and resume requesting a refund. They sent back an answer that was impersonal and did not answer for their inadequate and substandard work (no apology given).

Follow up to my review:
They did a rewrite of my cover letter and resume. The rewrite was just as riddled with errors and misinformation as the first write-up. I found their "original" cover letter nearly word for word on a site online at http://www.livecareer.com/letter-samples/cover-letters-misc/desktop-support. And they still couldn't fill in my name (the letter was closed with, "The Client"). The response I received was that they didn't know me well enough to write a more detailed cover letter/resume. They had my email and phone number if they needed more information than the work history, job examples of positions that I was going for as well as examples of my work (flyers, etc.) wasn't enough.

Tip for consumers: All work they do is nonrefundable. STAY AWAY!!!

peterw50
1/7/15

Today they emailed jobs to me addressed to my 82 year old mother-in-law! She does not use computers. I have acted on her behalf on UK car/home insurance comparison websites (who promised not to pass on details to third parties).

melanies26
12/25/14

I never signed up for emails from Jobungo. I have marked the email as spam and filed a report with the FTC.

cc100
10/6/14

American company trying to advertise jobs "near" me. I live on a small UK island.....and even though the jobs may be "near" me, they are an hours ferry ride away. Thankfully my email only allows safe senders. No idea where they got such detailed information on me. "www.JUNKbungo/scammers.wtf"

sallys31
10/5/14

Started getting emails from these people recently. I was job hunting recently so opened one up. Spotted they came from the States, decided it was dodgy and they now go straight into my junk folder. It's a bit iffy that they knew which area I'd been living in!

dianen5
10/4/14

They list jobs that are not available. I tried to contact to ask why and got no answer. BEWARE.

Questions? Get answers from the Jobungo staff and other customers.

Jobungo?