Review of Imgur

415 Jackson Street
6e72a91898734de08410b04f9bc727d7@sen.imgur.com

kallas
2/12/19

As a major image hosting site, Imgur have existed for years and still outrunning their other competitor, a good place to post pics that you take yourself and can be done without even signing up with them, but if you want to ask for the user opinion about your photo, I don't recommend you do that on Imgur because their user can be so toxic that it will hurt you just by reading the comment they posted. Sometimes can be a fun site but then suddenly everyone start hating each other for some ridiculous reason.

kurtl29
1/29/19

About the time I found the meme about having sex with your daughter......I was done.

julias176
10/9/18

I used imgur for years. I used to really enjoy turning off and having a laugh with it. But I finally had to call it quits. Too many people on there are just hateful and angry. Some share personal stories that are uplifting or emotional (hence the one star for the rare good content) but inevitably it turns into a bunch of crying, whining, babies insulting each other. God forbid you try to be a voice of reason. Just walk away and save yourself the pain of watching the degradation of society in front of you. Unfortunately, woman tend to be the target of many of the hate. I don't engage in the comment section, but it can be difficult to ignore the more angry ones. There are better sites with better people out there. Pass on this one.

jacobc41
8/18/18

There are some really cool and interesting things people are doing and sharing on this website, but you have to dig through mountains of recycled meme macros, re-posts galore, arbitrary "community" norms like "cat tax" and "no selfies", and inconsistent moderator actions.

The anonymous upvote/downvote mechanism allows for rampant abuse, especially since there is little consequence for downvoting another member's submission. The scale of abuse aimed at well intentioned but non-conforming viewpoints is staggering. 140 characters seems to be inadequate space to articulate and engage in meaningful discussion over some very controversial but tolerated political posts, especially.

claytonr10
6/25/18

The service is a nice alternative to photobucket. But the community is plagued with closed minded trolls. I never got involved with it but I have literally seen entire threads dedicated to ridiculing a person with Autism just because they are different, and that person wasn't around to defend themselves. The thing was not one person stepped in to defend that person and the post went on about 8 pages and you can actually still reply to it now despite it being around for a couple of years now. Having friends with autism (and even being on the higher functioning end myself), that really makes me sad to see that their community staff allows that to go on for so long.
That's just one example of it being extremely toxic. Most of social media is toxic but Imgur can be next-level toxic. If you want to use it just for a photobucket alternative, or to upload something like a screenshot just so you can have a link to post on your favorite forums, make sure you change your settings to "unlisted" otherwise people will not understand what you're posting there for. Because technically speaking, it's like reddit except just for pictures.
Be advised of the toxicity of that community though. If you want a friendly social interaction, go elsewhere.

sammiej8
10/18/17

The one site I thought I could actually express myself on, disregarded two posts that I tried to post that diffused suicide and was expressing my current situation on. I didn't go into detail of myself or anything but they shut me down, twice. $#*! them.

jerushab
9/4/17

When you post just for you. You get downvoted just because it isn't for others to be idk happy or laugh??? Like idk, but besides that it's okay and alot better than photobucket. If you're a private person just change your settings to unlisted

matthews134
8/19/17

When photobucket decided to take the whole internet hostage, ruining forum content, etc. with no warning, the internet needed to look elsewhere (seriously, who would pay $399/year?). Where did the internet go? imgur. Thank you for the great service you provide. We really do appreciate it! Great site, works better than photobucket ever did and it's free!

norahn1
6/1/17

Has lots of reaaly interesting images and a very user-friendly interface as for me. However some really decent works are sometimes not getting the appreciation they have to get, dunno why..

jesser2
2/6/17

If there's a way to get downvoted on a site, I am going to get downvoted. A lot. More than pretty much any other user who contributes to said site. Any site that allows downvotes or negative ratings to be publicly displayed, and you'll find me with a negative reputation on comments that, if they were posted by any other user, would get a positive score.

Imgur is worse than most others about this. They are quick and fierece about downvoting content that doesn't fit into their narrow 4chanesque world view.

The site itself is cool though and you can find interesting images. Shame about the losers that use it.

kimmim
8/3/16

I was having the site glitch and not show me all the images I had uploaded. I took a screen shot of the error page and tweeted their official twitter. Not only did they respond right away (with a picture of a cat) but they also fixed the problem just as quickly. I have never had such fast service with an online service, especially for an individual user's problem. 10/10

nikolettd
6/1/16

You go there expecting fun, entertaining, and/or informative content. What you get is a bunch of cat pics, and re-posts. Also worth mentioning they looove animals, but 'bacon tho'. Dumb, unoriginal posts from attention horse. Deleted my account now, as I know all I need about how to make sure my CV is on point, as well as my eyebrows.

jonathanh64
4/16/16

this is a good place to upload pics fast if you want to share them, but their homepage is really random, not necessarily bad, but it can get odd.

suhartos
2/19/16

great image hosting! i've been using it for ages and it doesn't get worse. some services add paid features and you can't use these services anymore without paying, here it's ok so far. i slightly don't like the starting page with all the rubbish that people upload, but i can cope with that.

myfe
11/15/15

Easy to use, beautifully designed, very user-friendly. That said, the community is just reddit-lite with the top images being stuff that blew up on reddit and the people being only slightly more mature than 9gag and less angry than reddit.

paulh161
11/5/15

I was okay with uploading images on this website. I found out about the gallery and decided to uploaded pictures of my best beans. I was followed with downvotes to the underworld. I don't think children these days remember the good old days with beans.

kims103
9/30/15

You won't find better website with so many cool pics!

troyw13
12/17/14

This is the best site ever and you can even buy dope t-shirts with the name on it, please send money to their headquarters.

chrisa88
11/24/14

the best free image hosting service on the net

yankm
10/21/14

Just another cheesy ad platform with schills running phoney accounts. If you download any of the utilities you will get a bunch of PUP malware that is very hard to remove.

andyt15
7/25/14

love it very much, some funny things always make me laugh

jackiea15
4/29/14

Fun site, with mostly original content. Better than others of the sort.

cassw
4/23/14

Imgur is the only- and I mean ONLY- unlimited storage image hosting website which is totally FREE. That's my main reason for using it.
I use it to host images for my websites, and for hosting images I post on forums and stuff, but mostly I use it to back up my photos into my private folders which are named after my computer's folders so I have everything safe. It's fast, simple, free, and unlimited, and it doesn't get any better than that!
The comments and featured images are often a little on the weird side but I'm not one for social media and don't care and don't look, so I'm quite happy. Five stars, 10/10- what are you waiting for! Grab an account!

lilliyak
4/3/14

I love this sharing service! This is great social. Everybody all over the world can comment, like and dislike your posts. Its great tool for people. who are interested, if their ideas, posts are actually cool or not cool at all. Every day thousands of people view your content and you can find funny, useful and hilarious information. One guy posted his selfie before visiting the dentist with crooked teeth and then with beautiful smile. This is decision in his life he made and Imgur Community was very supportive. This is just amazing, how cool this is. In Instagram (sorry for compering it with Imgur) you can share your own photos and photos of your pets only with your friends. And if your friends are busy, you will not get any feedback :(. In Imgur everybody will see it!

sarahl59
2/28/14

BEST site next to reddit! Not only is it an immaculate image hosting site, due to the large number of images from reddit hosted there, you can actually browse just images from a particular sub reddit. Also, the community is amazing!

Questions? Get answers from the Imgur staff and other customers.

Imgur?