IFREVolunteers.org

IFREVolunteers.org has a consumer rating of 4.07 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. IFREVolunteers.org also ranks 14th among Charity sites.

How would you rate IFREVolunteers.org?

“Awesome opportunity. Easy organization to work with from start to end”

Julianne H.
3/11/20

I volunteered in Guatemala February 2020. It was an amazing experience. I signed up at the last minute and the organizers at IFRE were very accommodating despite the rush. The contact person in Guatemala picked me up at the airport even though my flight landed at 12am! I was very appreciative. The host at the house where I stayed was amazing. She was always trying to make sure that I was happy. The home stay provides 3 meals a day which can help with your in country expenses. I do suggest that if you are going to a country where they don't speak English, you should take lessons before or during your stay. I spent a lot of time researching volunteer opportunities abroad and IFRE was by far the least expensive!! Everyone that I have come in contact within the organization has been very helpful and professional. I plan to use them again next year when I volunteer abroad.

“A Placement organization that doesn't provide useful communication or an actual program”

Will S.
2/16/19

Volunteering abroad ethically, has been an aspiration for my wife and I and we took a chance after a ton of research. Unfortunately we didn't get what we paid for in IFRE's Kenya placement with Boundless Loves, which didn't match their online description of Cultural Conservation. On top of that, communication issues, cost overrun and lack of direction made us leave our project early. IFRE didn't communicate costs well, and the money we paid for our program placement didn't have a portion go to the project there as the IFRE website claimed. Boundless Loves' projects didn't have a lead or any actual projects for us to join, and we had to create our own. They put us in front of cute children, trying to make us feel sorry for them so that we would donate more, and "coordinators" were constantly asking for more money. For any project we wanted to start, we had to make our own plans, fund and direct help for them--which from everything we've read is not very helpful because we're simply forcing our biased fixes that may not fit the local needs or culture. Without leadership or proper oversight, and not receiving useful information, we were left bewildered, frustrated, and unable to help in a meaningful, long-term way. Finally, IFRE or known as Global Crossroads in EU isn't a volunteer organization, they're a volunteer placement group, so if you can connect with a group on the ground, you can save $300+ per person. Additionally, extra services come at a premium, for example our safari cost twice the going rate in Kenya with no difference in experience for the other safari goers who paid half the cost.

wills171
February 16th, 2019

I haven't been to Nepal but I did go to Guatemala. I had a great experience.

By Julianne H.

It's a real organization. They are very professional.

By Julianne H.

It's a legitimate company. I just came back from volunteering in Guatemala.

By Julianne H.

I just came back from volunteering in Guatemala. This is a real organization and is very professional. Not a scam. I encourage you to call or email them to answer any questions that you have.

By Julianne H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the IFREVolunteers.org staff and other customers.

IFRE Volunteers, Non-Profit 501 (C) 3, offers Volunteer abroad programs in 18 countries worldwide, volunteering opportunities with meaningful programs like teaching, conservation, orphanage work, HIV/AIDS etc, at just $140 per week

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IFREVolunteers.org?

Have a question about IFREVolunteers.org?