Inman Campobello Water District reviews

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

davidd339
5/25/17

I received my bill in the mail two days ago and sent a check back that same day. What I didn't realize, was that it was due THAT day. I've always sent my check in the day I receive my bill and thought that this was a dependable method. However, the next day I came home from work and my water was turned off! When I called, they admitted that sometimes these arrive late, but I should have come in to the office to take care of it before the bill arrived. From their perspective, I understand charging a late fee. I should have been more pro-active in checking the due date and am mad at myself for not doing that. However, I had no reason at that point to believe that sending in the check upon receiving the bill would result in it being late. Not only was I charged a late fee of $5. I was also charged a "non-payment" fee of $30 since the check hadn't arrived yet. AND I had to pay $40 to get my water turned on. I called them to explain I didn't realize that my payment was going to be late. They would not budge on any of the fees. I ended up paying $75 in fees for a $20 water bill (totaling $95). This seems a little unjust. I've never missed a payment before in my life and will definitely never miss one again with them. I am shocked at their inability to work with you over an honest mistake. They have made it clear to me that they are in it for themselves and care nothing for their customers. If I could choose another company I definitely would. I feel like I've been stabbed in the chest while being beaten over the head with a sledgehammer by this company.

Questions? Get answers from the Inman Campobello Water District staff and other customers.

Inman Campobello Water District?