The Hype Machine reviews

privacy@hypem.com

tn1
1,553 helpful votes
4/14/10

Yes, there's a bias towards indie and electronic, but that's A-OK with me, especially the Indie part. An obsession with Hot Chip's Made in the Dark stripped down version actually made me sign up for this Hype Machine business, and boy, was it worth it. Endless listens to remixes and barebones versions of my favorite tracks, for an obsessive personality like myself, is too good to be true.

jeremyg
10/23/09

Great way to stay on top of and listen to what's being talked about on music blogs. I'm found there's a bit of a bias towards indie and electronic music, but I don't mind too much.

petej
2/20/08

Good for listening to full length songs without downloading, but hard to find good new music - Hype Machine aggregates music blogs. Maybe I'm not using the site properly. but personally, I find Hype Machine a bit too noisy and hard to separate the good from the bad (blogs and songs) so I don't use it to discover new music. If someone has some tips on how to use the site better, I'd be interested to hear them.

However, I do use Hype Machine to search for specific songs or artists I want to listen to, because you're able to listen to songs in their entirety on the site, which is often better than downloading or using some paid service. It's also possible to find some live tracks which aren't widely available.

Questions? Get answers from the The Hype Machine staff and other customers.

The Hype Machine?