HumaneSociety.org

HumaneSociety.org has a consumer rating of 3.28 stars from 18 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. HumaneSociety.org also ranks 50th among Pets sites.

How would you rate HumaneSociety.org?

“Humane Society works”

Daniel M.
11/7/17

i certainly admire the job Humane Society does My personal experience with them was very satisfying when our home pet got lost ,picked up by animal control and dropped at their Hollywood,Florida place They were supernice to call us ,informing us they had it Eternally grateful to them Their place looked very clean ,cozy and humane indeed ,even to me,a declared enemy of caged animal keeping Good luck and thanks a lot

“Not a pet rescue place”

Susan C.
12/27/17

Almost all of the donations go to lobbying for legislation against purebred dog breeders and owners. If they had their way the only dogs allowed in the US would be Rescues which would have to be brought in from foreign countries. As it is now a huge portion of the dogs are brought in from other countries along with the diseases that the U.S. dogs have no immunity to.

danielm388
November 7th, 2017
i certainly admire the job Humane Society does
They were supernice to call us ,informing us they had it
Eternally grateful to them
Good luck and thanks a lot
shelleys11
June 1st, 2016
Baldwin park. The people treat you like your garbage. I thought I was registering my dog in a prison where they had no respect for no body. She was sarcastic we were trying to find out information on the laws regarding how many animals were allowed. She shut us down and said she was too busy to answer any questions we had
abbyp7
December 20th, 2016
They do sometimes euthanize (put down for the IQ 20 moms reading this) dogs and cats to save space, but Earth doesn't have infinite space, let alone a pet store has infinite living area. The website itself is kinda a hassle.
monan5
January 7th, 2017
In order for shelters to be "no kill" they need donations, buying a bag of dog food, get another, same with cat food. Your total bill will be just a little more. Or donate money, even $50.00 will be appreciated once in a while. Then they can use it where they need it most. I think there should be a law, if you drop of more then 1 litter of puppies, or kittens, your animal needs to be neutered or spayed or you lose the animal. Something like that to stop irresponsible owners.
eval75
June 26th, 2019
I have not has to take a pet that I could not keep but have taken several there whom were are the end of their life and needed to have them put to sleep. They were very caring with me and my pets. They also have a few service like shots or chips that are cheap than going to the vet. But I do feel that they charge way to much to take in pets and I only say that because I know several people who have had to take pets because they could not find home for them and were not able to afford the cost of them taking the pet in. But for the most part I feel the Humane Society is a good organization.
susanc253
December 27th, 2017
alexisg10
May 6th, 2015
great site
cield
October 10th, 2016
Hate those manipulative ads. Wish more of the money from the good hearted went to shelters, saving precious lives, spay and neuter, and not PETA type groups, or worse more of those endless ads.
rajua4
November 8th, 2017
I've bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day. I always try different bath lines and keep coming back to lush over and over.
robinl98
November 21st, 2017
I ordered paw print footies and they are cute, warm and cozy! I will continue to support this wonderful organization whenever possible.
nelsonr26
November 7th, 2017
No words to explain the dedication and hard work to help the helpless,needy,abused,neglegted little angels without a voice.Will be fostering by next week. Need the companionship and love of a dog having mine just passed.
reneeg5
April 7th, 2014
I had a family pet that needed emergency surgery. I called local Humane Society
spoke to vet on duty for spay and neuter day. I begged her to do my dogs surgery life or death bowel obstruction and she flat out said NO. She was there and didn't want to stay to save my dogs life WHATS HUMANE ABOUT THAT !!!!! They take in all are donations based on love of animals for real ? I lost all faith in them.
kayp14
May 22nd, 2015
Very, very little of its money goes to help shelters and rescues. Spend your money with local shelters and rescues. Don't forget, they just got busted for racketeering.
bettinaf1
November 9th, 2017
I have donated to this cause over the years and find their mission to save animals inspirational. Animals need humans to stand up for their rights and needs in this world.
jeanc41
November 7th, 2015
I do not do business with them, nor do I contribute money to this high-kill shelter.
rubyf7
January 27th, 2015
seanc68
May 3rd, 2016
The world needs more societies like this one. Working hard for the safety of all beings.
julieg42
February 15th, 2015

Questions? Get answers from the HumaneSociety.org staff and other customers.

The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HumaneSociety.org?

Have a question about HumaneSociety.org?