Home schoolers of Memphis

Home schoolers of Memphis has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Home schoolers of Memphis also ranks 182nd among Education Other sites.

How would you rate Home schoolers of Memphis?

“I am one of the board of this group, and I'm definitely...”

Donna M.
11/18/14

I am one of the board of this group, and I'm definitely not an unschooler. I'm a classical, highly academic homeschooler, and I'd say a higher percentage of the group is on the academic side than on the Unschooling side. I will also add that HOMe isn't a business. We're a cooperative support group. What that means is that if you want field trips, plan field trips and post on the board. If you want academic clubs and groups, start academic clubs and groups. If you want park days and unschooling-related. Whenever I've heard complaints, it's tended to come from those who expect to come in and have all the planning and work done for them. If you want someone to homeschool for you, if you want classes that will take care of part of your academic curriculum, or if you want to find a group of people who all think alike, HOMe is not for you. If you want others who are trying to find a way to make it work, from those who use TNVA to those who use academic curricula, to those who outsource classes, to those who are unschoolers by philosophy, HOMe just may be what you need to support you.

“These people are completely aweful”

Susan B.
9/12/13

These people are completely aweful. The leadership is rude, petty, and moronic. They say the group is for eveyone - but it's not. It's for unschoolers. They will be nice enough for a month or two, but when you don't decide to become an unschooler, they get really mean, petty. Several people have tried to remain in the group because this is the only secular homeschool group in Memphis, but these leaders make it impossible.

donnam45
November 18th, 2014

susanb35
September 12th, 2013

Questions? Get answers from the Home schoolers of Memphis staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home schoolers of Memphis?

Have a question about Home schoolers of Memphis?