Review of HelloPoetry

HelloPoetry reviews

Tel: 145722638622

rickw169
7/18/18

No one in their right mind would believe this site is anything more than a festering pile of dung . The "popular" poets are nothing more than bullies and trolls. using multiple accounts to propel themselves forward and upward in the ranks. The worst and predominate offender. Rick R Richardson aka "r" aka "woody" and other aliases, is a vicious, talent-less, manipulating troll and a bully of the worst kind who spits threats and insults whenever he feels threatened by genuine talent, and will resort to death threats, blackmail and various other forms of treachery to rid the site of his perceived threats. The webmaster (and I use that term very loosely) is never there for his members, except for the ones who "donate" to his so called poetry site. Avoid this place like it had syphilis!

sandraleeh
7/15/18

In my opinion "Hello Poetry" was a great site to express emotions to readers and writers of good works. During the time I was a member and writer on "Hello Poetry", I valued the time spent there reading poems from writers who for the moment (s) expressed their inner thoughts. Some of the writers took me to a place I didn't know existed. Oftentimes I felt like I had lived in a cave dripping in exits to come out to meet and seek a civilized community. I am considering renewing my membership to continue submitting some new material I have written. Hello Poetry supported a community of writers who needed just a page in space to follow their dreams, experience a vision of someone reading their thoughts.On this site, one may read a write to correct a wrong....I felt accepted when I viewed the "keywords" by the staff selected to express my thoughts I had written. I also received many "likes" and some positive gratitude that I had touched the soul of a reader waiting to see words organized together in recognition to their silent locked down expressions. I left "Hello Poetry" this year and removed my poetic thoughts so that I could gather my poems to register my copyrights. I also deactivated my Face Book account and other social media accounts. It was a necessary moment I needed to complete my novel. My novel is complete and now in the hands of a New York publisher who accepted my manuscript, gave me a book deal. The task of filing an application with the Library of Congress is now complete. Soon, I may begin a new membership with "Hello Poetry" and submit new expressions. I still go to the site and read the works of many gifted writers. To this day, my experience with "Hello Poetry" was memorable and rewarding. Once I renew my membership I do plan to support them with sending a financial gift in helping to keep the site alive.

anonym29
5/11/18

First off, the site manager, Eliot York, is about as useful as tits on a bull as a webmaster. He does not respond to member issues. He does not enforce his own guidelines and he allows bullies and popularity seeking trolls to run roughshod over the site... the key antagonists call themselves "the home guard" when , in fact, they are the most vile, wicked and spiteful group of self loving maggots on the poetry internet.

These so called "real poets of Hello Poetry" maintain control over the site by using multiple accounts (some of them have up to a dozen different personae) to grant themselves popularity and to gang up on those whom they choose to chastise and humiliate and , eventually, run off the site. It boils down to sociopaths with narcissistic personality disorder, who envision themselves as elitists and gifted writers, while they are basically poem repeaters , plagiarists and drunks and drug addicts with failed lives and a grandiose sense of self esteem and importance.

Should you question them, or get too popular, they will create lies to convince Eliot to remove you from the site. They pay him quite nicely for his "troubles"..and they maintain their reign of terror through attrition and inboxed harassment and death threats..including blackmail...and willful defamation of character.

They would rather be tadpoles in a mudhole than be fish in a potentially much larger pond. If you value your reputation and your writings, do not taint them with the indelible stain which Hello Poetry will leave upon you...

avinashs8
3/6/18

its an excellent website for poetry !!
excellent user interface but need more feature i think
and they don't have app for there website that's a drawback.

hpp4
2/15/18

The guidelines are simple. Be courteous and respectful. Harassment or abuse not tolerated. No spamming or posting of overly obscene or hateful content.

The problem is that Eliot York or designee will not help if you are harassed or abused. You will never get a response to a complaint. Because of that a group of members who call themselves the Home Guard, have developed their own rules not stated in the guidelines. If you then get caught breaking their undocumented rules, the Home Guard will come after you with extreme harassment and abuse in the form of hateful poetry directed toward you and grapevine gossip hate via private inbox messages designed to defame your profile name. User beware, never use your real name on your Hello Poetry profile. Even worse, several members use Hello Poetry as a dating site and if you break someones heart they could very well come after you with the power of the Home Guard clique should they be well connected.

Hello Poetry can be a fun something to do for years if your keep your relationships with others on the runway and stay away from getting involved via private inbox. There are several members with real problems on this site which can and does result in cruel behavior.

Good luck, not even I know all the undocumented rules of the Home Guard and I have been a well respected member for years watching a variety of good poets be defamed and run off the site for I don't now what. If the Home Guard wants you off they will make up stuff to do it.

nivedaa
10/29/17

The site is amazing really.. I've been a part of the community since 2012 and have never faced such problems which I see some dumb people posting as reviews.. Well if they minded their own business like me then surely there has been nothing that has happened that would make me feel otherwise about the site. The site is very close to me as I first started writing my poetry from here. The owner is currently raising funds for the app and it's because of our demands. If you're a loyal user then you do get emails from him asking for opinions or what we would like to see added. So most of us wanted an app and he's actually doing it! But because of dumb people leaving wrong reviews here he's falling back... He has been raising money for two years now.. So you can understand the struggle.. He might not be there to heed each and every stupid issue of yours because he's actually the only one working for the website.. To handle it alone is a big task. And especially if he gets messages like oh there's a person bugging me... Like block that ass seriously the same thing you'd do on fb!
Common sense! All in all I've never faced problems and my peoms get great exposer here. It's difficult these days because back in the day there were fewer poets posting and now it's a huge community!

reviewero
4/10/17

hello poetry is in fact a saggy, hairy ballsack masquerading as a poetry site. 1 out of 10 would not bang, would not recommend. It was ok at first, now it sucks major gonads

cjg1
11/2/15

It's a user-friendly site with some nice features like collections, trending and re-posting. But it goes through phases of "trouble" between members and is currently invitation-only if anyone wishes to join. A number of writers have been hacked and a small group of prima-donnas block anyone they see as a threat or talent greater than theirs. All a bit bizarre. But if you like drama, it's the place to be, along with Allpoetry and writerscafe. Oddly enough, most of those who cause drama are also on those sites.

melvint10
1/2/15

Nice website for writers with considerable comments and a fabulous mix of poets. Everyone seems warm and friendly and actually read and comment to their fellow writers. A fantastic place to both share and learn your work.

shielak
12/31/14

This is a wonderful site for writers and a great way to show your poems. With considerable comments and a fabulous mix of poets. Everyone seems warm and friendly and actually read and comment to their fellow writers. A fantastic place to both share and learn your work.

davide51
12/22/14

HELLOPOETRY IS a front for a chinese prostitution ring. DO NOT GET INVOLVED with these people. I told the site owner Eliot York about this situation and he never got back to me. He doesn't seem to care what type of criminal involement he gets tangled up with as long as they pay him. The federal authorities have been contacted. Skip this site.

christopherb54
8/29/14

Hello Poetry is a wonderful site for writers and a great way to show your poems. With considerable comments and a fabulous mix of poets. Everyone seems warm and friendly and actually read and comment to their fellow writers. A fantastic place to both share and learn your work.

jeremyg
12/29/11

Most sites with poetry tend to be filled with ads and poorly designed. Hello Poetry (right now at least) has no ads and has a nice, simple design. You can browse classic poems http://hellopoetry.com/browse/poems/classics/
Keats http://hellopoetry.com/-john-keats/
Blake http://hellopoetry.com/-william-blake/
As well as contemporary poets http://hellopoetry.com/browse/poets/contemporary/

The only knock against the site is that it's incomplete (no Shakespeare?) but the site looks new, so I hope they continue to add to their collection and keep up the clean, ad-less design.

Questions? Get answers from the HelloPoetry staff and other customers.

HelloPoetry?