Golden Nugget Apartments reviews

Tel: 3037814253

1 Review From Our Community

michaelb352
12/17/17

I recently saw the Brenda Lee Show at the Golden Nugget on December 8, 2017 at 10 pm. The Golden Nugget puts on some very fine Oldies shows there on Friday nights & over the years I have attended many of the shows there but, unfortunately, this wasnt one of them. Nothing against Brenda Lee as a person and Humanitarian but, I came to see and hear Brenda Lee sing. She put on about an hour and 15 minute show. She came out and did a couple of songs and a medley of her hits and then, the vast majority of her show consisted of her telling jokes (Brenda Lee telling jokes? With the wonderful voice she has for singing?). Its nice to have a little banter with the audience but, to go on about your family, your leg in a cast, etc., etc. Then, she launched into a military tribute to our armed forces. She had ALL (and there were a lot) of the veterans from Viet-Nam come on stage and introduce themselves and the units they were in. Then, she went into the audience and did the same for WW II vets. I have nothing against honoring our brave soldiers but, I didnt pay all that money to attend a military tribute. I came to hear Brenda Lee sing! Then, they threw her a birthday party on stage. Then, she thanked everyone and introduced everyone in her band (& a bio on them), right down to the lighting techs. I would venture a guess that 70 to 75 percent of her show consisted of this and no singing. I was extremely disappointed in the show and wont be getting another ticket to see her if she ever returns. Evidently, Im not alone as a lot of the seats were empty and she did not fill the showroom as many of the Oldies but Goldie entertainers do.

Questions? Get answers from the Golden Nugget Apartments staff and other customers.

Golden Nugget Apartments?