Germantech-wimbledon.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0208) 545 9850

1 Review From Our Community

sweeq
7/21/18

It is regrettable when customers are disappointed because a business over-promises, then under-delivers - BUT absolutely foolish and myopic when the business is given the opportunity to restore loss of trust and goodwill, but wilfully chooses NOT to do so! The latter is my disappointing experience with Germantech Wimbledon (germantech-wimbledon.co.uk)

Germantech has been servicing my cars for 6 years now and in the last 2 months, has serviced 2 of my Porsches. I had intended for them to re-commission a 3rd but that will now not be happening. The reason being: whilst Germantech proudly claims that they wash every car before being delivered back to the customer, my 1st car came back dirty. So, when my 2nd car was collected, I reminded them to clean it - which they assured me would be done. When it came home, however, it was evident that it had not been cleaned - and even the Germantech delivery chap acknowledged the fact. He promised to speak with his colleague, S (my "relationship manager"), who would then call me. When this finally happened (after a couple of chase-up calls from me), S promised to speak with his manager (and the cleaner) and assured me that he would arrange for the car to be collected, cleaned and re-delivered. When he failed to call as promised, I phoned him at 5:18pm today (close to closing time!) and his REVISED solution was that I send the car to them! I then spoke to his manager who robotically repeated the same message.

When a business under-delivers after over-promising/hyping - and then retracts what they volunteered by way of a solution, they shout clearly that: (1) their WORD IS CERTAINLY NOT THEIR BOND and (2) customer goodwill is of no perceived value to them! This is MANAGEMENT MYOPIA. It also got me thinking: if they are not able to do as simple a job as giving a car a decent clean, how can I (or any other customer) possibly be convinced that the rest of their work is of a higher standard? Come to think of it, my first car (that they re-commissioned and charged a significant sum for) drives somewhat ropier than it should...

For sure, I will never use Germantech again. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

PS (Update): Just checked the 2nd car they serviced (and returned a couple of days ago). Even though they changed the washer motor, they failed to align the spray angle on both sides - so most of the sprays were going to the side and above the windscreen. Very little water hitting where it was needed! Attention to detail seems to be another of Germantech's weaknesses. Sigh.. just re-affirms my decision..

Questions? Get answers from the Germantech-wimbledon.co.uk staff and other customers.

Germantech-wimbledon.co.uk?