Formspring

Formspring has a consumer rating of 2.13 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Formspring also ranks 566th among Marketing sites.

How would you rate Formspring?

“With respect to Susan, the previous reviewer, and without...”

Chris O.
9/16/10

With respect to Susan, the previous reviewer, and without taking anything from the message she's sending about the use of such sites, formspring.me does have an abuse contact address and it's plainly displayed. It also has instructions for blocking people who have upset you in any way, and accepting anonymous messages is optional, not mandatory. I leave the debate over how much responsibility a parent should take, to others. I'm not a parent, I'm not qualified for that one. As to the site itself, the idea is to allow people to ask and answer questions of each other. People may be anonymous, or not, or just ask or answer their friends. Abandoning all sense of security is optional, but if you do then you will get messages from anonymous and potentially unpleasant people. It's your call, as far as I can tell. The site is becoming very popular, with something like 7 million hits a month or more, and although it would be cool to be an adult there and anonymously find your boss and ask him why he's such a prat, chances are that it's inhabited by teenagers who, as science tells us, haven't got fully-developed brains yet. Virtual Reality, whether entered by avatar or text or video, is subject to different rules, different morality and different expectations than the Real World. Take a trip out of the Real World by all means, but don't expect Real World mores to apply once you're there. I guess if they did, then Virtual and Real worlds would become indistinguishable, and some of us would be very sad about that. A similar project may be found here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.anybodyoutthere.com

“Anonimity issues”

Bruce B.
1/25/17

Anonimity when communicating with people should have age restrictions. The site is quite good but lots of underage bullies just make resouces like this crowded with inappropriate content.

winonah
March 5th, 2012
The law of the land should apply to the internet. I do not understand why so much bullying and libel are allowed to occur. In most states cyberbullying is now illegal. Even Formspring's CEO has admitted it is a problem and says he wants to do more. For now that site needs a lot of work, a lot.
susanc4
March 30th, 2010
This website promotes cyber bullying doesnt let you know who is saying these cruel and inhuman things about another. Mydaughter is a victem of this at this time. Children feel they have no way out but suicide when they are a victim of the cyberbullying. Please help me I would like a number for whom I can call and report.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Formspring staff and other customers.

Ask me anything. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Formspring?

Have a question about Formspring?