Review of Food Saver

5001 Northwest 4th Street
Tel: +1 877-777-8042

deborahs81
9/13/18

Like any modern woman, I love my appliances...that is, the ones that ensure better health for myself and my family. I had been considering a food-vacuum appliance for some time for many reasons. I finally decided to try the FM5460 2-in1 Food Saver System.

I use it EVERY DAY! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! I am not generous with my praise when it comes to purchases. But I am utterly honest: I can truly say that in the five weeks I have owned this wonderful unit I have already saved almost the cost of the unit itself in preserved food that would otherwise have been wasted.

Meats...fruits...veggies...nuts and grains: you can preserve them all! And another thing I love about the unit is that it can also vacuum seal non-food items for storage and protection against the elements in situations such as camping or times of emergency.

Honestly? I would give up my microwave before I would give up my FoodSaver unit! They even have ziploc bags with a special seal opening in the upper left-hand corner for use with such muliple-use items as snacks, finger foods, etc. You just take what you want at the moment, zip the bag closed, and place the hand-held part of the unit on the circle, and turn it on. It automatically re-seals the contents of the ziploc bag and keeps it as fresh as when you first opened it: for days! No more throwing away snacks and finger foods just because air robbed them of their freshness once you opened the manufacturer's packaging!

I was also AMAZED at how fresh FRUIT stays (apples, oranges, etc.) when you first wash it, then vacuum seal it! NO fruit flies or gnats! NO rotting or spoilage for DAYS!!! Yep! This is definitely a KEEPER!

At first I was intimidated by "how to use this thing." But it is SO SIMPLE!!! The unit does it all except fill the containers with the food! It vacuums, seals, and cuts the bag then releases it! It's like having an assistant in the kitchen who is just as health-minded as you are!

If you have been considering purchasing a food-vacuum unit, I highly recommend the FoodSaver FM5460 2-in1 Food Preservation System. I cannot speak for any of the others; this is the one I purchased and fell in love with.

Did I mention that I purchased it on the monthly payment plan? It just does't get any better than this!!! FIVE STARS!!!!!*****

susanb363
4/17/18

I have now had 4 food savers. The first 2 lasted approx 7 years each and worked well.
The third broke after 18 months and after a huge effort on my part, Foodsaver replaced it with ...how do I describe it..."a piece of C***. It is LARGER than any other food saver so it takes up MORE space. It is SLOWER so takes longer. All in all the Gamesaver Wingman is a piece of underpowered junk. It's good to see other companies are now making these. I think Foodsaver(I believe they were sold out to a French company) is past its good days and the customer service is terrible.

dl167
12/5/17

On 11/28/17 I attempted to purchase a FoodSaver Wingman and made a mistake entering my credit card expiration month. I tried correcting my info and re-entered the correct info. After waiting a few minutes and not receiving an order confirmation I contacted customer support who told me I had to wait until the order was shipped to receive confirmation. I was concerned about being charged twice so I contacted my bank who confirmed both transactions & removed the incorrect one. Today I followed up with FoodSaver by LiveChat & phone and they still deny that I ever placed an order, despite their pending transaction on my credit card. I also followed up with my bank and they confirmed that the company still has the one correct transaction pending on my account for the order. After wasting a lot of time on this and finally contacting a FoodSaver manager, she advised me that I will not receive the product at the advertised discounted price that that's still pending on my credit card. But that that transaction will be dropped from my account. The help she offered was that I can purchase it at a current price. It's very frustrating to talk to a company who talks in circles and doesn't honor pending transaction on my credit card. This seems like false advertising??

Questions? Get answers from the Food Saver staff and other customers.

Food Saver?