Review of Fixitwood

Fixitwood.comimage coming soon
SITE CLOSED

rheas
4/9/10

I ordered this product based on their TV ad. I might as well have sprayed water on scratches! Their product does not work! In trying to obtain a refund I was told only "unopened" bottles could be returned for a refund. Duh! How do you know you do not want the product if you do not use it?!? I was told to write to corporate Management by USPS in Wisconsin.

Obviously I found this company to be a rip-off! BUYERS BEWARE!!!

davids11
2/22/10

If it makes anyone feel better, the "fixit" spray doesn't even work, certainly not like the infomercial shows (maybe they deserve an award for special effects?). I actually did order the hand-vac, but they doubled everything and charged me double from the original receipt (even that doesn't add up correctly). Of course, I have no receipt, because I didn't print it, and neither did they bother to email me a copy despite requiring my email address in the order process. I could not retrieve the receipt from their website using my order number on the packing slip. The message said my order didn't exist... SCAM! The amount charged to my card seems arbitrary, because it doesn't add up correctly even for a double order. With 19.95 + 9.95 S/H = 14.95 S/H for the vac, it should come to 44.85 without added sales tax. However, I recall that my receipt read something like $36-37, so this is all a scam, of course. The products aren't worth the money to begin with. If you want to try the spray, you can order it from Amazon for $15, shipping included. I did send an email from their website link, received an email back from a "Casey Appell" with Simoniz USA, a direct number. I called, automated, put on hold for 7 minutes. Someone answered, but claimed not to know anyone by that name, and were vague about their own identity and the identity of the company itself. I asked for a copy of my receipt, but they claimed not to have one. They offered a partial refund, but with the shipping charges, it just means more of a scam. When I protested their business practices and accused them of ripping me off, the "customer service" person simply hung up.

davids10
2/8/10

BEWARE! My $19.95 order turned into $60 with them adding shipping for their product plus shipping on 2 "free" turrbo vac that I don't want. Following is the actual response I got from them when attempting to fix the order: "Unfortunately, your order is already packed and ready to ship; therefore, we are unable to change your order. Since the Turbo Vac has no merchandise price, there is no refund for it. Shipping and handling is non-refundable. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Although, we are unable to change your order, we can offer you a 15% credit on your total shipping charge."

kiarab
2/3/10

beware of this website. I saw their TV commercial advertising their products plus a few extra free stuff for only 19.99 but when I actually went to the website and order, they kept asking me do you want this, do you want that, for free. Realizing that they were not being honest, I stopped ordering and left website and never completed my order. But the next day, they took almost $70.00 for an order that I never authorized. They don't even list any phone number to call. When I finally found the phone number that I wrote down after watching the TV commercial, it was only an automated system, not an actual person, no option to cancel the order, or to file a complaint. I emailed them (which I found from the website) to cancel the order immediately, and got a reply that said they did cancel my order. Still the money that they took out of my checking account is still not refunded. This is totally outrageous. It's a shame, because I really needed that fix it wood spray.

jackb1
2/2/10

cannot find the reviews - makes me suspecious

Questions? Get answers from the Fixitwood staff and other customers.

Fixitwood?