Review of FilipinoCupid

team@filipinocupid.com

12 reviews with 3 stars

matth2672
4/30/18

There are many ads of women that are located in different cities in China. They all claim that they are working as nannies or tutors for Chinese families. When writing to them I find that they all have a similar story. They do not have cell phones that they can communicate through texting or Skype. Only have access to emails. Most of them say they would like to meet me in my country. This all seems to be a scam. Is it? Am I being foolish thinking that these women actually exist?

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
FilipinoCupid is the largest Filipino dating site with over 3.5 million members. We do not allow non-genuine profiles on our site. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a suspicious profile, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
johnm910
3/2/18
• Updated review

On the site there are many scammers. Fake profiles. Gold diggers. I think you should look at the couples that have been successful in finding each other using this dating site. It is up to to you to find the real women or men on this site. I was successful like so many other couples.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Congratulations! We would be thrilled to hear and share your story. Kindly email us at enquiries@filipinocupid.com
“Successful on filipinocupid.”
3/2/18
• Previous review

I put my profile & good photos on the site, 2 years ago. I was contacted by many ladies. Most did not even see or even read my profile. I never paid for membership. The site gave me for free the opportunity to read the messages sent by the ladies. One lady read my profile & found my e-mail address. Sent me a e-mail to check if I was real & the next e-mail requested we go on Skype. We ended up on Skype for over 2 hours. Daily for many hours over a period of over a year & half. She was working in Saudi Arabia on a 2 year contract as a Teacher. We feel in love online. I am living with my partner in the home she owns in the Philippines. We wish to thank FilipinoCupid for helping us to get together. I am a 62 year old Teacher retired British white man. My partner is 41 years old. Be aware filipina ladies do not care about age. I am very sure with effort you would find a lady on the cupid website. Stop thinking they are all scammers. Just detect them and move on to the real ladies looking for a partner, Never send money to any lady. Build your relationship. A filipina really in love with you is easy to detect. Stop being a fool western men. I hope this review will help you.

stefanoz2
2/7/18

You have be careful using this website there are too many fake and scammers on it. I sign up for 12 months and all those fake profile I reported and ask for money or asking me to sign up to another website still remains.

Out of 100 contacts
6 I met in person
3 Become my girlfriend but it didn't last long.
20 I added on fb and I can see it is actually them
4 I added on fb and skype (webcam performer or sex worker)
The rest are just scammer asking for money or some sad story they make up to make you send money.

My piece of advice is becareful who you chat with you could be chatting to a scammer (ladyboy, woman, gay or a man) but if you learn to weed the bad one out from the good one you can meet genuine people Who are looking for relationship or new friend.

melindaa18
1/23/18

please do not generalize that all filipinas are bad..we also get lots of scammers, perverts and all kinds of weirdos..we just have to be careful in figuring who to talk to....if a filipina asks for money for whatever reason, you beware...same goes for males sending us packages and then asking us to pay for the taxes...or asking to send nude photos or go naked shows on cam...i have a US multipile visa, i have travelled, never asked for money, have been loyal etc etc etc and yet my prince is still lost and cant find me...but i dont want to stop this from hoping that somewhere, he is out there trying to get the right directions...let us not lose hope, just be careful.

ynam
11/18/17

I have been reading a lot of reviews about this dating site since i have just started using it. It is very saddening that a lot of Filipinas resort in extorting money. It gives a very bad impression for all us Filipinas. I do not blame you guys. That is very wrong. I just hope that you won't generalize us all because there are still decent and very kind Filipinas out there.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Yna
We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Our dedicated Fraud Prevention Team works 24/7 to keep our site safe, by:

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns
travisp28
7/20/17

I have been there done that with everything that you have described. The first thing that they do is the medical. And if they have children they will even say that their children are sick. What you said about her being hungry and needing food I had to go through the same thing with two of them. That is just something that they do. They feed off of a person with a good heart. (Pun not intended).

Now don't get me wrong there are some really good Filipina out there who really want to meet and fall in love. But a Tell tale sign is when suddenly you have to start dishing out money to continue to talk to them. Do not fall for the things that I fell for like a child being sick or a sick relative. Do not fall for the things that I fell for in sending money for food every two weeks. Do not fall for the things that I fell for in sending money to fix their business transportation.

Christopher N, from 2009 till about 2014 I have sent these women over $10,000 all added up. And I have not received a wife or a happy life. All I received was bitterness from myself and " I told you so's" and pitty from friends and family... and it always always always always always always always starts with a sad story from them about their needing food or medical or something has happened. I could never even enjoy the relationships because I knew in the next few days or week they would need something Financial. DO NOT FEEL BAD. Because that person does not feel bad about fooling you and using you out of your money by promising you a happy life or the security of a good woman.

I'm going to ask you again Christopher. Please do not feel bad. And I want you to be happy that you did not get in as deep as I did and lost many thousands.

You now have experience with what to look for. Because it always starts this way-always. It is like they coach each other on what to do because they use the same tactics. I wish you good luck in finding someone authentic and real.
T

christophern37
7/17/17

I'VE BEEN TALKING TO THIS PINA LADY FOR A WHILE KNOW. WE PLANNED ON GETTING MARRIED. BUT SHE STARTED HAVING MEDICAL PROBLEM AND I SENT HER 150.00 TO PAY THE DOCTOR AND AFTER THAT, HER REFRIGERATOR BROKE DOWN AND SHE COULDN'T BUY FOOD TO KEEP IT FROM SPOILING, SHE WANTED ME TO SEND HER 400.00. I SAID NO AND THEN SHE STARTED TELLING ME THAT SHE WAS HUNGRY AND HAVEN'T EATEN ANYTHING. I HAVE SKYPED WITH HER, IN THE PAST AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT SHE WASN'T A "LADYBOY". WELL, SHE STARTED DOING SEX ACTS WITHOUT ME ENCOURAGING HER TO DO THAT, SHOWING ME THAT SHE WAS A FEMALE. SHE WAS DEFINITELY A FEMALE. AND THEN SHE WANTED TO SEE "ME" AND I SAID NO. I ASKED HER WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN WHEN SHE MET ME, DOES SHE START TO HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS. SHE ALWAYS RESPONDS TO ME IN A NICE SWEET WAY. WELL I JUST CUT HER OFF, YESTERDAY. THIS IS THE THIRD AND FINAL TIME CUTTING HER OFF, BUT I FEEL BAD ABOUT IT.

tommyt29
5/29/17

It is very difficult to import a pinay. So before you start supporting her each month and get the Westen Union thing going, first understand what it will take to have her visit you in your country. Of all the pinays I have met online and in person, 1% could qualify for a Visa to Australia or the US. And there are so many scammers. To be eligible to apply for the tourist visa, they need to have a legitimate, long standing job...need to have $1000's in the bank...or need to have property to qualify. Or you spend $10,000 or more to get a spousal visa organised for a person that has never travelled and chance that she won't take off for something or someone richer when you aren't looking.

vana14
2/27/17

The filipinocupid is just so so,it can not provide suitable women for me,maybe you would like the girls.

jonnij
9/15/16

I am a man 31 years old living in Europe ..
Good looking , I am just bald , and I have to say it caused me trouble also there .. don't know why , I mean for some girls I wasn t so good looking , maybe because of bald hairs .
But trust me I am not so bad looking , I receive a lot of interest and messages from the girls of the site , but most of them I have to say , they don't interest me too much .
I met a few girls there , age 18-23 , since I am young I don't think there is so much age difference . I hadn't any problem paying the site , just because I use a prepaid card , so I don't care if they renew the subscription .
However the experience with the girls , we as white west men think that Asian or Philippinas are different, serious , conservative , that's why I was there indeed .
Actually for that I met online , they don't look so different from west girls , from the many girls I met , the most of them were sex experienced , a few of them to catch your attention tried to say, they are virgin .. even if they don't . The girls of the site is not a question of scammers , as far as I know life is tough there , the commerce is difficult so people have problems to earn a living . Most of girls didn't ask me for money , just one girl because after a few days she said she was starving at the University without money so I sent her 30 , just to help her , then she kept again asking money , and I said "sorry I don't know you , I can't ", she never spoke me again , and we were friends on facebook . All girls in the beginning they look interesting and you can create something , after a while they drop chatting to you , even via facebook , and if you say hello to them they seem quite bothered . Since I am a proud man , I don't chat to them anymore . Maybe they drop chatting because they think in a short time relationship , so if you can go there as soon as possible is ok , if not , they have a lack of interest , it seems to me very childish and stupid . Also a few girls were a bit rude with me , in the beginning they chatted with me they gave me their facebook , afterwards they didn't chat anymore , and seemed busy , they have so many foreigners in their facebook when they are good looking , it seems like hunting .. , don't like that , also I met a few of them with American boyfriend , but they have different boyfriends in the same time ,and they were not bar girls as someone wrote above , since the moment they have so many men writing to them , American from their facebook are the 70% of the men they meet online .
I met a girl, she seemed very good person , we chatted intense 1 month , she also changed her surname with my surname because she loved me and bla bla .. I never asked this and I said to be more cautious .. Suddenly she dropped to chat with me , also she deleted me , on facebook , and I didn't do anything , I was quite disappointed so I needed explication ,she gave me useless explication , I think it is because I never offered by myself , to help her with studies or her needs .
Now suddenly she is waiting for an American man , she said , she is going to marry next year , I said good luck :D , poor man .
They act all the same , first interest then bye bye .. the girls were so pragmatic .Also I have to say on the website there are very good looking girls , very nice , but after a while , they don't log in anymore , so in my opinion this is a bit weird , either they found a boyfriend or they were fake , and I ve seen this happening so many times on that site .

robertl149
9/21/15

Are the real the girls in this website and please advise me about the best way to dating at Philippine girl?

Tip for consumers: is about look for information ?

jdl
4/26/14

The site seems legit and most of the women are real, if not always sincere. These facts should be apparent from the number of messages and interests you get from quite ugly women, and a spectrum up to very beautiful or adorably cute.

From my experiences visiting the Philippines, it is true that Filipinas consider light-skinned American men handsome. You will almost certainly be tall by Philippine standards. Young Filipinas are also much more receptive than Westerners to older men, to the point that some young women there have romantic fantasies about older, foreign men.

Apparently, Many Filipino men do not offer much competition: frequently abusive, irresponsible, unfaithful, unaware even of the concept of satisfying a woman sexually, much less having the skills, and not financially secure..

There comes the problem. Most of these women are very poor. That makes you seem very wealthy and desirable, but also makes it hard to distinguish between the cultural expectation that generosity is a sign of good character, genuine affection combined with a legitimate need for financial help to get out of poverty, and outright only wanting your money. Their attitudes will range from outright scammers, through essentially monogamous prostitution, to unrealistic fantasies of becoming a princess.

The site will remove profiles of women who ask for money or otherwise are not sincere if you give them evidence -- so save a copy of your messages. Understandably, they will not remove a woman just on your sayso that could be from spite. The site does not block exchange of direct contact information nor charge for communication on the site. They charge a membership fee (lower rates for longer terms) to allow unlimited messaging with all members. The site therefore has no motivation to have you strung along by a fake profile. They do post suggestions for avoiding scams.

Remember this is an overwhelmingly Catholic country. Not only does that mean that the woman may be very sexually repressed by Western standards. They may also call themselves "Religious" when all they mean is a decent person,
There is no divorce within the Philippines and "annulments" are expensive and time-consuming. That means that a woman who is separated cannot be brought to the US. On the other hand, living together, including unwed motherhood, is fairly common, with such couples possibly referring to each other as spouses.

David I am in a relationship with a 41 year old filipina. Yes in this age group they are mature. My partner wants to have a baby with me. I am 61 & understand why she does want a mixed blood baby with me. One other point David FC cost me nothing to find my partner. Not one cent.

By John M.

Is Xiang travel express a legitimate travel agency

By Rick D.

Go to Billing and check the renew button. By default, it is clicked with a check mark. Even after you click the box to make it blank, they will click it back for you. Make sure before your renewal date that the box does not have a check mark in it. They will keep renewing until you stop. Best advice is use a Paypal account. Don't use credit cards at all.

By Jimmy W.

Methinks one must travel, it's the only way. $#*! online bull$#*!.

By Steven L.

Most of those profiles in China are fake. That Chinese Travel Agency is a scam. They will try to weasel money out of you for a fake visa that is not valid. DO NOT ever send money overseas for any reason. That is the best advice you will ever get and you don't know it.

By Jimmy W.

That's how many pictures each Filipina has in her profile.

By Jimmy W.

There is no way they can guarantee you that your private information won't make it's way to a site that buys and sells private information. Don't do it.

By Jimmy W.

The lady does not want anyone anyone to chat with her. Most likely she has found someone online.

By John M.

u need to switch it off unless you are paid member you cannot hide it. switch it off deativates it and next time you log in need to activate it again just same way as facebook

By Rick J.
Questions? Get answers from the FilipinoCupid staff and other customers.

13 Photos for FilipinoCupid