FIFA - Federation Internationale de Football Association reviews

joshl104
7/26/18

FIFA, like every sports organization, was established to promote sports and values of freedom around the world. In 1930 FIFA organized the first world cup in Uruguay, quite a surprise for the whole world - such an event in such a little country. Throughout many decades this tournament became as popular as Olympic games.
But something went wrong about 18 years ago after the scandalous host selection for the 2006 world cup. It was an outraging injustice towards the South Africa, and the whole continent.
But the worst things were yet to come. I do believe that boys with sticky fingers from Russia and Qatar bought the right to host the event in 2018 and 2022.
Why were such prosperous European countries as England, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands turned down?? Instead of that, football fans had to travel to Mother-Russia's Kaliningrad and Saransk. It's still the Soviet Union there, I tell you, cause I was at the stadium in Kaliningrad when Englishmen played against Belgium. A taxi driver tried to charge 10 times more!! I don't want even talk politics and the situation regarding the war in Ukraine. How can a world cup match be held in the city (Rostov-on-Don) so close to the border with country where God knows what in happenning more than 4 years already??? FIFA did compromise on fans' safety, I think.
As for Qatar, that's even worse. They build 8 stadiums in a desert while people in neighbor countries are starving. Are they insane? Nope, guys from FIFA care about their pocket only.

kevinh207
1/4/18

I watch this every Saturday and it just makes my day. I wish it had less commercials, though. Overall, its a great channel, I play the games with my kid, I love this company.

Questions? Get answers from the FIFA - Federation Internationale de Football Association staff and other customers.

FIFA - Federation Internationale de Football Association?