Review of The Economist

London, LONDON WC2N, GB
letters@economist.com

seang112
8/27/18

Bought trial digital subscription. Four days later, still can't access website. And nothing to do with my devices, internet service or location. My advice: don't bother. Buy a print copy if you have to read it. The Economist is clearly still in the 19th century when it comes to technology.

bobh330
7/5/18

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I tried their 12 issues for $12 and thought the magazine was decent. HOWEVER, when I emailed them twice to cancel the automatic renewal because we are on an 18-month church assignment in Europe they failed to cancel or even acknowledge my emails. I ended up being billed for two renewals. I couldn't do anything about the first renewal because I was too late with a charge card chargeback. To cancel the second one I had to cancel my Visa card and get a replacement so they could not renew for a third term. VERY SHODDY WAS TO DO BUSINESS!

billyb153
4/25/18

Pay attention CNN, FOX, Infowars, Young Turks, MSBC, MSN, CBS, ABC and any other leaning news outlest. Let me say this in a way you can undertand. This is how you journalism. Good job Economist. Keep the biases checked at the door. Opinions should be left for social media.

elisew7
3/15/18

The Economist offers a cheap subscription with an auto-renewal, but do not tell you that they will never notify you when new issues are released. You're just supposed to "know" that it's weekly, and decide to go to their portal to see the new articles.

Which begs the question, why would I go, when I don't know what articles are there? What magazine assumes that it's the subscriber's responsibility to schedule weekly visits to their website? What magazine never tells you when there's a new issue?

So I received not a single notice of new issues or articles, nor any notice of renewals ... then discovered it on my credit card 9 months and $147 later. Customer service was absolutely impenetrable; they only refunded the current quarter.

Absolutely disgraceful business practices. And they're in London, so ... good luck suing them.

flavioc10
3/31/17

They start with the introductory offer, you can then have access to your webpage account, but cannot change the terms of the subscription, the payment method or edit your creedit card. You cannot clarify for how long the offer lasts, then you finally get a much higher ammount charged to your credit card unexpectedly. Then you complain right away and they are not going to return the total of your money. The system is set to rip you off. Don't ever subscribe to this maganize. It is a fraud!!

catherinep34
2/16/17

I have not been able to access my digital subscription since November of last year and have had nothing but ridiculous responses and been given the run around by their customer service team. The subscription people however are right onto it as after almost 4 months of the run around and no access I am being hounded to renew my extremely expensive subscription. No thank you.

davidd242
7/13/16

You can find all type of information about the economy, finance, business...etc on here.

It's a good website to look up articles once every while

garyh132
6/26/16

Very good company with lots of information

isajob
6/19/16

Pricey but an excellent read to stay informed and understand important economic trends. I like their analysis, seems to be "middle of the road", less biases then other "true blue" or "red" publications.

johnw390
1/3/16

Some articles are still great.

warwickb
9/6/15

Amazing that this weekly publication produces so much insightful research week after week

barreth1
4/29/15

They've botched my digital account multiple times. The Economist's customer service used to be first rate but I think something has gone terribly wrong.

Tip for consumers: Don't rely on the online customer service. Better to call them but still not good anymore.

steliost1
2/8/15

Rather difficult for a simple reader and an old journalist to write a review for such a prominent special publication with such a huge international recognition, like Economist. I may just only say to them: Keep well doing and continue being impartial and objective. Stelios Tamasios

leonf15
1/28/15

Precise and great covers. I love the artwork.

alc135
1/21/15
joel424
12/31/13

One of my first reads each morning, so informative and reliable.

georgej10
12/4/12

I love the Economist. Geopolitics and international economics are some of my favorite subjects to read about, and it does not get better than this. In addition to the news of the world, there are many well argued articles about various other subjects that are equally as informative. I highly recommend the Economist.

keythr
1/26/11

The Economist (http://www.economist.com/) is the place to go for in-depth information and news on business, politics and current affairs around the world. The articles are usually thoughtful, well documented and are not afraid of being contentious. If you are serious about news, read the Economist. They also publish a great style guide for writers! Sadly, for full access you now need to subscribe, but the website is still pretty good.

bobbyk
12/6/09

In our bad economy it is good to know what is going on in the world. I don't have the time to read any magazines or even to read a website. The economist has a great little digital mobile download to your iphone if you get a digital subscription (I don't want a print subscription anyways). One of the best ways to stay informed.

eddiel
6/18/09

The Economist is the best source of news analysis anywhere. I read the Wall Street Journal to learn what happened. I read the Economist to understand why its important. The website is not that well designed but I tend to read it more often than the print edition (because it's more convenient) but both are well worth the money.

jeremyg
10/14/08

If Ernest Hemingway were a news magazine, he would be the Economist. Filled with tough, terse articles, the Economist's weekly news publication provides articles which give, on average, more background, analysis, and perspective on how an issue fits in with the rest of the world, than any newspapers or news magazines. While the Economist does have a libertarian bent, its analysis of the news is balanced. And because it's only published weekly, the Economist is better able to prioritize the most important issues. If I could read only one news source, it would without question be the Economist.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the The Economist staff and other customers.

The Economist?