American Diabetes Association reviews

Alexandria, VA 22311
Tel: 800-342-2383

1 Review From Our Community

HON Certified

American Diabetes Association complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for American Diabetes Association.

rennied
8/22/16

What! I've got diabetes? I'm gunna die? - Holy crap what do you do or say when a doctor, not your regular doctor goes ballistic at you after you do a regular blood test not expecting any surprises? This happen to me about six weeks ago. It was like he was talking a different language. With all due respect for his education and he skill. Dumping or overloading a patient with way too much information, putting the fear of God in me. My mind was racing thinking the worst. I'll spare you the whole conversation. In short he said you sugar is three times what it should be, you cholesterol is really high your obese. You need to exercise. I do doctor. Try harder! I did think that was funny at he time but did let him know. Blah blah blah blah ... You're are a diabetic your sugar is three times what it should be. I couldn't retain anymore. Why? We my daughter is Type 1. All drama and issues we have with her also flooded my mind. There are many site and groups that support diabetes. I'm not saying this is the best sight I am saying it is very helpful in answering questions and putting things into perspective. I will continue to revisit this site as it easy to follow. They keep it as simple or as complex as you need.

My apologies this post recently for Wallmart which completely the wrong site. I wrote this for www.diabeties.com.

Questions? Get answers from the American Diabetes Association staff and other customers.

American Diabetes Association?