Review of Dadaabc

Tel: 3101071000

1 Review From Our Community

bjg3
8/3/18

At the 1st interview, BEFORE I had even done a mock lesson, (and, before they hire you) DaDa wanted a copy of my passport!

This felt suspicious.

When I asked the reason, I was told that they wanted to be sure of my nationality, and they wanted to make sure I was a native English speaker. I pointed out to the youngster interviewing me that a passport doesn't tell you whether a person is a native speaker. This went over her head.

I also tried to explain that she was putting the cart before the horse; that you don't ask for a person's passport unless you are hiring them.

Trying to explain this to an interviewer who had, at best, a grade school level of English comprehension gave me a headache.

Exercise extreme caution if you're thinking about teaching English online with a company that asks for a copy of your passport before you do a mock lesson, and, before you're officially hired.

POSTSCRIPT
I encountered a similar request from a British-based company that wanted my date of birth. I pointed out that in the United States, asking someone their date of birth is discrimination; alas, I didn't hear back from that company. I did, however, assure them that I was over 18.

Questions? Get answers from the Dadaabc staff and other customers.

Dadaabc?