Review of CruiseCritic

Pennington, NJ 08534, US
community@cruisecritic.com

tomf342
5/15/19

I just went through dozens of reviews published by Cruise Critic. They do not include a single top ten for Norwegian Cruise line. I don't know why that is, but I suspect that the reviews that are published are potentially subsidized by the cruise liens that are included in the top 10's.

rennod
2/21/19

We had the moderator freeze our ability to post because someone complained they did not like our post regarding a very bad experience we had on a whale watching tour with some loud mouthed red hat wearing jerks who tried to pick a fight with someone on the crew who objected to the their maga hats, crew member was just trying to avoid trouble, (we could have cared less). Totally unfair, would not respond to our communications, we ended up cancelling the cruise because we could not coordinate with other cruise passengers re: tours.

annemaries9
7/10/17

This website was a great resource for cruise related information. It also provided a mechanism for people on the same cruise to arrange less costly shore excursions with each other.

It is now a forum for silly articles and a chat room for people to share personal anecdotes, most unrelated to cruising. It has become very difficult to use for making any kind of arrangements.

Too bad - it was good while it lasted.

michaeld288
4/18/17

Yes, ACL is expensive but we have made five cruises with them and are booked for a sixth and all have been great. Only one had food quality not quite up to that of the other ACL cruises we took. The crew is generally English-speaking college students or after college folks and are always extremely helpful. Being able to request specific needs, such as food items, in advance is very, very nice. Only one of the cruises had a couple of (well-behaved) children as the rest of the group, such as ourselves, consists of the "older" generation. I don't think cost should be such a major contributor to a review but yes it should be mentioned. All the on-board entertainment has been truly great so rethink your reviews on this line, please.

annelaurem
6/4/16

@deluxecruises STEVE PORTER is a thief!asking directly to REGENT cruises as I had doubts on the amount asked by Mr Porter we realised that he had made us pay for pre and post cruise program & hotels included in the cruise fare!! he asked us to wire him directly on his bank account and not to Regent!More than 4000 USD! After sending proof given by @regentcruises that he had cheated on us : NO more ANSWERS @deluxecruises are crooks!

steveh12
2/1/14

I have been a Cruise Critic member (screen name Coasty) for years. And I agree with JoAnn. There is so much info on CC that I find new info everytime I start looking for something. My wife and I have done a few cruises and have made some real good friends by joining the cruise ship roll calls each time we book a cruise. I would highly recommend this site if you are shopping for a cruise or have booked one and just want info about your ship or the ports.

joanner5
5/21/13

Cruise Critic has all sorts of information on on cruise ships, cruise destinations, cruise deals, and cruise tips. There is a huge community that talks about just about everything. Honestly my big complaint is just that I find Cruise Critic hard to navigate sometimes. There is just too much stuff and it's too hard to find.

The cruise cost is room charge, port fees,taxes, and gratuities.Transportation to and from the port. That's it. Drinks, extras, spa, shore excursions are on you. Many people spend way more than the cost of the cruise at the bars, casinos, shopping etc. You don't need to to have a really great time.

By Annemarie S.

Questions? Get answers from the CruiseCritic staff and other customers.

CruiseCritic?