Crazycamera.co.uk reviews

SITE CLOSED

pippyl
4/13/10

I'm sorry to report (especially if you've just purchased from them) that this company is incredibly incompetent and at worse they will take your money not deliver your items and give no refund or explanation as I found out. You only need to research some reviews before hand to come to this conclusion and many fortunately do. Unfortunately many like myself who haven't done their homework have paid for it.

My own experience is that in early January 2010 I bought from Crazycameras- two very basic lights which didn't come to more than £25. Alarm bells rang as no conformation email was delivered for my order. Thus began the long winded saga.

Very good prices draw you in (if it seems too good to be true it usually is)- the only reason I was doped was I didn't buy (or look at) any camera equipment- which doesn't fluctuate much in cost due to competitive prices on other sites. I had to only come across a DSLR on Crazycameras to realise the insanely low/unrealistic prices. However nothing seemed dodgy in terms of price for two basic pan lights

A month and a half later I contacted them for I hadn't received any such goods. They replied that they had problems in regards to shipping that was out of their control. My items were to be dispatched immediately. A few more weeks passed and various excuses were used, until they cancelled my order due to "stock availability" and I've been waiting for my refund since that time- 8th of March. It is now the 5th of April. They are now ignoring my emails.

Their company is based in America even though it's obviously aimed at residents in the UK and I think their customer care is based in the Philippines from what I could find out.

I read a hate thread on a photography forum about them days after I'd ordered. From what people were saying the customer service seems to give the same answers to everyone- carbon copies almost- "we've had problems regarding shipping/stock", blah blah blah.. etc.

Strangely though- people have received money back and items delivered which makes me wonder if it's all some kind of lucky dip, a lottery or premium bond- everything goes into a pot and collects interest and some people are lucky. However this is speculation.

My order history looks like this:
Mar 03 2010: Cancelled admin
Feb 18 2010: Credit Approved B admin
Jan 15 2010: Credit Approved admin
Jan 14 2010: Funds Authorized admin
Jan 14 2010: In Process admin
Jan 13 2010: Not Complete admin
Jan 13 2010: Not Complete admin

It is now the 13th of April. They have now blocked my email address.

My advice to you would be keep on at them- use whatever means to you have. Failing that talk to your bank about the matter.

I lost £25 which is nothing but imagine If I'd spent 100+.

alanw2
4/1/10

They will take your money immediately from your card. You will wait weeks and not get your order. Eventually you will cancel and NEVER get your money. I have used many online websites, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE, you have been warned. £ months and still waiting on my money. If anyone knows how or who to complain to to shut this website down, please do it.
Alan W
EDIT. www.crazycameras.co.uk
- checkout over 700 reviews of these scammers here http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-236595.html

baboog
3/6/10

not responding at all. I ordered an ipod touch 32 GB and they have debited my money but are not to delivering or answering

lynnew1
2/19/10

Be where of this web site and don't use it. They take your money and leave you waiting for your good weeks later unable to cancel your order. Many customers now report the same problem. I have had to contact my credit card company for them to resolve the issue and get back my money for goods not recieved.

Questions? Get answers from the Crazycamera.co.uk staff and other customers.

Crazycamera.co.uk?